The Guide To Woodcutting.

Anti

So You wanna Woodcut eh? Well, lookie here, maybe this'll help ya:

Leveling-

1-15- Normal Trees. You won't be able to do much with these, you can try to sell them to other players (mostly members) or burn them yourself for firemaking exp.

15-30- Oak Trees. You can sell these to other players (mostly members) for some cash. These are used in construction. As always, you can burn them yourself for some nice firemaking exp.

30-60- Willow Trees. There is a decent market for these, as they are great for quick, easy fletching exp. As usually, you'll mostly be selling these to members. Willows are great exp, and become even better as you get higher.

Of course, if you'd like, burn em yourself for quick firemaking exp.

45-60- Maple Trees*. Many people argue it's good to chop maples at around 50. If you don't like the conventional method of choping willows and are a mebmer, you can cut maples instead. These are sold to those people who need to gain a couple of fletching levels quickly, but the market for these are not as large as willows, although they sell for more.

60+- Yew Trees. There is a HUGE market for yew logs, simply because they are extremly important for fletching. Many people can tell you to cut willows till about 65, then start on yews, but they are great right from the start.

75+- Magic Trees*. A lot of people will argue that magics are not profitable or good experience until at LEAST 80 woodcutting. It's really up to you.

*Members Only.

Training-

1-15- You'll find normal trees nearly everywhere. Try to find a clump of them, around 5-10 trees. Stay there till you get to level 15.

Some Places-

Right outside the east gate of varrok. To the north there is a good clump of trees, and even further north, there are more trees.

normvarrokze9.png

South Of Falador, through the gate, down to the crossroads and to the west. Some trees here to chop at your leisure.

F2P- Oak trees are very common, although not as common as normal trees. Seldom will you find large clumps of these, although this typically is not a problem, as they respawn extremly fast.

P2P- Try catherby if varrok is busy. West of the bank, right near the path, is a single oak. Close to bank as well.

Some Places-

Try right outside of varrok west, there will be a single oak just waiting for you. It's very near a bank, which is a convinience if you want to bank your oaks, and it has an open space, useful for firemaking.

oakvarroklg0.png

30-60-

F2P- Only really good place is draynor. This is however, usually crowded. South of the bank is a large clum of trees (and people) waiting for you. If you aren't planning on banking your willows, and want to light em' on fire instead, go west till you hit a fence, go north, through the fence, then south. Same clump of trees, only less people here.

willowsdraynoran6.png

You can also try near the lumbridge swamp, a little to the north. A small lake surronded by trees is there, an oasis of ....aloneness. Try firemaking there.

P2P- Best place is still draynor, but if you aren't banking these, or don't mind a little walk, try above seers bank, a little to the west. Firemake here.

45-60-

P2P- Maples, if you'd like. above and below seers are the best, there are also a few along the path from camelot (seers) and catherby. Really the best place for maples, don't try elsewhere.

Although....There is a huge forest of maples north of seers, past the lake. Nearly no one there, so if you're firemaking, best place to be. For maples.

60+-

F2P- Ready for yews? Then go to varrok. There is, of course, the single yew near the church, which is often crawling with autoers. But if you go north, right near the wilderness and the pub there, (you won't be in the wildy) is another yew. Also, go north after you hit the eastern varrok gates, then head straight up till you find a yew. Further east, near an alter, is another yew. Good place to keep rotating.

yewsvarrokcc6.png

P2P- Try gnome stronghold. Awesome place for yews. What you want to do is go to the southern tip of the bank, right in the center of the stronghold. Then head all the way east till you hit a fence - and a magic tree. Remember this location. Now, just head south. You'll pass a single willow, then meet up with three beautiful yew trees. Kill em!

There is also a lone tree right near the northern entrance to the bank in the middle. Sparse trees scattered throughout the stronghold as well, but the most effecient are the ones talked about above.

yewsgnomestrongholdrt7.png

Another place people like is seers. Head south, past the place where everyone is turning flax into bowstrings. You'll pass maples, oaks, norm trees, etc. Till you find a sort of graveyard looking thing, people will be constantly pouring into and out of. Head in there, you'll find a couple of yews. I personally don't like this spot because of the wait. but hey, your call.

75+

P2P-

Head to gnome stronghold. Remember the spot I told you in Yews? Go there. If not, I'll repeat myself: Go to the southern tip of the bank, right in the center of the stronghold. Then head all the way east till you hit a magic tree. Close nuff.

After you've demolished that one, head back to the southern tip of the bank. Go a bit west, till you reach a clearing. If you go south you'll find some flowers. Right to the north of that is yet another magic tree.

The last magic tree in gnome stronghold is at the FAAAR west corner. Go ALL the way west, north at the lake, over the bridge, past the pen. The magic tree will be there.

magicsgnomestrongholdaf7.png

There are also some trees far south of seers, just head straight south when you're at seers bank. You'll see em. They don't wanna put one near a bank, do they?

Good luck, and Happy Choppin'!

Well, It's not totally complete. I'd love more potential places to chop, whichever tree it might be. I'll add your name somewhere, thanks for reading, and once again, Good Luck!

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

I don't know why you would switch to maples/yews/magics if willows remain the fastest exp all the way to 99... If you just want to "train" woodcutting, like your guide says, then you should stick to willows the whole time.
SÃÆÃâÃâí, SÃÆÃâÃâí SeÃÆÃâÃâñor.

Like Moopy said... stick with willows if you want to "train" go allll the way to 99 with them.

dragonforce-1.jpg

This guide balances training and money-making. Hm. K?

Adding pics now.

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

Name another for me then.

I'll add you somewhere.

your magic tree section isnt correct. you can start cutting magics at level 75 and get the same chance of getting a magic log from the tree as a level 99 woddcutter since magic logs chop at the same rate as everyone else, no matter the level. thus, there is no need to get to level 80 before chopping magics.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

dude your magic and yew sections are way off, edge is the best place for yews as it's not competely full with macros and its 1 click away from the bank. best two places for magics are range gulid(usually full) and thoracs(sp?) place witch has 4 trees right next to each other and a few clicks away from the bank, its deserted there also.

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

Ok.

I'll do a total rehaul in this tommorow.

hmmm, here are some numbers from a 89 wcutter...

oaks - cut in varrock - 28k xp per hour - 553 oak logs

willows - cut in seers - 38k xp per hour - 562 willow logs

maple - cut in seers - 31k xp per hour - 306 maple logs

yews - cut in gnome stronghold - 33k xp per hour - 189 yew logs

magic - cut in gnome stronghold - 22k xp per hour - 86 magic logs

note: since maples are very crowded in seers, there is a lot of time wasted due to respawn... If someone just wants wc and firemaking xp just go west of the house of murder mystery quest and chop and burn there... better xp since you don't have to wait for respawn.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Gnome stronghold isn't the best place for magics. Seers villgae is the spot by far there's a total of 7 trees 4 near the legends guild and 3 slightly east of the ranging guild

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

if ur burning willows there's a large bunch (8 trees) dirrectly south of rimmington also if ur a member u could use ur house to bank them quite easily as well as those willows there are 4 yews firrectly south of melzar's maze that members could easily bank through their POH's and (to my knowledge) these areas are generaly fairly empty (at least on f2p servers)

I also circled a group of 4 willows just south-east of the others

pic:

pic1wr5.png

Well written guide, despite you missing a lot of locations.

My only beef with it other than that is the fact that Woodcutting is pretty simple...

1. Find tree

2. Click tree (must have axe)

3. Cut tree until it falls or you can't hold any more logs.

4. Bank and repeat.

underbannerim0.png

Feel free to use this sig as yours if you like the comic. :D

If yuo burn logs? you better cut maples north of seers bank.

Not the maples just above bank, but the ones just below the obstacle to go to the slayer cave.

I get about 75k xp per hour overall cutting and burning my logs

75+- Magic Trees*. A lot of people will argue that magics are not profitable or good experience until at LEAST 80 woodcutting

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt the speed of cutting magics stay the same whether ur 75 wc or 99?

RSN: Badassboy123, not runeboy.

You've missed a spot for magics. Just west of Lletya, where you meet those elves that recharge your crystal teles, are two magic trees. Unsurprisingly, no-one is ever there...

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

Thanks Guys.

Still gonna revamp this and add all your new locations.