Why is lob and yew price falling but coal still holding ?

noobnoob

I think is it partially due to the new smithing items that is constantly being introduce into p2p unlike the other two skills

Do you think otherwise ?

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

Shark prices have also fallen probably because of them. They were usually 1k each for cooked, your lucky if you can sell them for 900 each now.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Coal has a bigger demand with less places to mine it. Hence, it's more valuable as a resource.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Shark prices have also fallen probably because of them. They were usually 1k each for cooked, your lucky if you can sell them for 900 each now.

It has been hard to sell them for 1K each in bulk for a long time...

bear in mind that yews and lobs can all be gathered without much effort required. you can just sit there click on a tree/spot read forums and wait for the next spot. With mining, it takes a lot of concentrated effort, you have to be fighting against other people who are all wanting resources. This is why coal doesnt drop in price - the demand is much higher for it.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

I think people believe lobs/yews are a good way to make money.

Go to the Help & Advice and to the "Making money" threads, 4 out of 5 times some guy says cut yews. Its easier to cut yews and fish lobs rather than to mine it (thus why a lot of people hate mining).

But this is all good for me, when I get 55 magic=High alch yew longs ftw. \'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You guys just don't seem to understand economics!

Why is coal maintained price but yews and big fish decreased? Let's look at supply and demand:

1. Coal: Supply remains constant because there are no new sources of coal. The increased amount of players increasing the supply is compenstated by the increased amount of players needing coal. Thus, the price remains stable.

2. Yews: With the advent of cross bows which require different types of wood (specifically, teak & mahogany), and the advent of construction, demand for yews has decreased, but the supply has remained about the same. Thus a decrease in price.

3. Lobbies, swordies and sharks: The advent of new types of food: Tuna-potatoes and monkfish, specifically, have given alternatives to the more traditional food sources. Yet the supply of the traditional food sources has remained the same. Thus, a decrease in the price.

Here are some predictions:

1. Law: Laws will inevitably decrease in price because there are more and more alternative teleportation and transportation routes (fairy rings, canoes, ships, etc). However, since these points are relatively fixed, and do not necessarily coincide with the teleport locations, the decrease in law prices will not be significant. I don't see them going below 500 except in large quantities.

2. Addy & Mith: I think these prices will increase a bit because of cross bows. Mid-level players will be willing to pay for bolts rather than make them, thus spurring a greater demain for the mid-level metals.

3. Gems: Everything from pearls and opals thru dragonstone will increase in price. Again, cross bows.

One note about the cross bows. I think this will be short-lived. Cross bows are the "new and cool thing" right now, but a lot of people will likely switch back to their traditional ranging weaponry for a variety of reasons - mainly, bows are faster and the arrows cost less to make.

These are just my observations. I could be wrong you know!

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

autoers :'(, jagex needs to post that they banned "10,000 accounts so prices will magically rise again and we will think everything is better" takes 2 months for jagex to ban 10,000 accounts. Takes 1min to creat a new account....

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Definately autos are the reason yew and lobbies have gone down. Seems to me that lobbies have stayed at a consistent 200 each for at least the past couple of months. Without autoers I can say that Lobbies and yews would go up in price again.

When lobbies hit 500gp a pop you can say " #-o Where'd all the autos go? I need cheap food and wood!"

PS Don't get me wrong I hate autos too but I'm just saying this is probably whats going to happen.

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

I've wondered how much the managing kindoms has affected the economy. I plan to make a killing from it. The coal there only costs 91 gp. I can double my money every 10 days \'

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Here we go:

Bots:

Bots have had a HUGE impact on the runescape economy, sending the supply of most materials through the roof. Bots tend to avoid mining, and usually focus on fishing and woodcutting.

Demand:

2 coal per steel bar.

8 coal per runeite bar

The vast majority of full rune sets are smithed, and most people level up their smithing with steel bars.

Yews have become less popular ever since construction came out.

Lobsters have never had much of a demand when compared to other things. How long will 1000 coal last you? That could be used to make 100 steel platebodies, which can be done in 10-15 minutes.

Now 1000 lobsters? How fast do you go through those? Using them individually causes them to be used VERY slowly, I know I've used more coal in the last week or so then I have lobbies in my entire rs existence.

Supply:

Bots aside, the supply ratio of yews/coal/food is very uneven, with food having the greatest supply and coal having the smallest. There is no competition in fishing, little competition in woodcutting, and a lot of competition in mining, and the ratio of the supply (collected or not) is just as different.

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )