Torags or Dragon

Michael_Allen

im plaaning on getting some decent armor in rs and im wondering what has a better def bonus torags (barrows or dragon, i need to know this because i plan on using a whip with the barrows... is it true only the barrows weapon has the special ability...

Engl1sh.png

Engl1sh of RSAlliance

Goals Att 80 - Str 80 - Def 80 - Slayer 85

1. Barrows melee armor in general >> Dragon armor

2. That assumption about barrow weapon is incorrect, only when you are wearing the FULL set should you get the set effect. Neither the armor nor the weapon do anything special on their own (hence for that reason, the only barrow weapon usable on its own is the Crossbow).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

so if i wore full torags and wielded a whip whould i get the barrows armor effect?

There is no armor effect, nor weapon effect for that matter. Only full set effect, and if you dont wear even 1 part of that set, you will NOT get the effect. Thus Torag's will just be a powerful melee armor in that sense (you WILL still get their STATS, but not the effect).

For the record, it is estimated that Torag's set will only become more expensive than Dragon if and ONLY if you have trained for at least 1500 hours of straight training, and i am NOT even including food costs here (which would be even less for Torags because of superior stats). That 1500 hours roughly sums to at least 2 melee skills maxed to 99,

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

so if i wore full torags and wielded a whip whould i get the barrows armor effect?

No. You would need to be wielding Torags Hammers as well as the 3 other armor parts (chen's comment, see following post).

Btw Torags effect isn't that great so don't worry about it.

I have Torag Platebody and Platelegs and I have to say that the defense bonus is way great. With a warrior helm and an obby shield my range defs is +337 ^.^ Way better than dragon. And stab/slash are about +290, crush is somewhere near +270. Go for Torags.

edit - I want to add on to something chen said about cost. Get 55 constructoin and make an armor stand. The cost will be even less. (npc price * [{200-smith level}/200])

edit2- wanted to say that at 58 smith (my lev) npc price is multiplied by roughly the sine/cosine of 45! ^.^ nerdness>

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

No. You would need to be wielding Torags Hammers as well as all 3 armor parts .

Just to avoid Confusion. There seems to be this myth that the barrow set effects comes from the weapon for some really strange reason...

tim_chenw2.png

So every barrows IS better than dragon.

Only reason people wear dragon is because of look, because they don't like to repair it, or if they have full guthan, they use dragon until they need to eheal then they take full guthan.

Otherwise, any barrow armour is way better than a full D

So whats the best armor to have for mellee..

Torags Body and Legs

Warrior Helmet or Torags Helmet -- which one?

Zammy Book

Whip

Glory and Obby cape....

any suggestions

Engl1sh.png

Engl1sh of RSAlliance

Torag!!!!!! It has the highest armor in the game.. but forget the hammer those things suck lol.... I just bought full torag fopr only 1.8m!!!! that is cheap so do torag.....

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Suggestions:

Helm : Torag or Berserker (depending on what you are training. if you train with high hp easy to hit monsters, go for berserker. otherwise stick to torag helm)

Shield : Its either Obby shield or Rune Defender (obby shield when you are dealing with monsters that attacks with ranged attacks, otherwise Rune Defender is the best melee shield in the game). Zammy book is used more for Mages and rangers.

For info on Rune Defenders, check out the guild for Warrior Guild.

tim_chenw2.png

So whats the best armor to have for mellee..

Torags Body and Legs

Warrior Helmet or Torags Helmet -- which one?

Zammy Book

Whip

Glory and Obby cape....

any suggestions

Helm: Torags (best helm evar, only -3 to mage attk)

Body: Torags

Legs: Torags

Shield: Rune def

Wep: whip

Boots: Rune or Climbing

Gloves: Barrows

Cape: Fire > Obby > Legends

the gloves you can buy from Culinaromancer's chest after the completion of the quest Recipe for Disaster. costs 130 to buy from shop, not tradable and is the best gloves in the game.

tim_chenw2.png

actually guthans body is same as torag but has +3 more range def.

guth's full outfit effect is by far the most useful of all the barrows armor though so its extra range def (135 vs 132) doesn;t really make up for it's cost.

Cheers!

-BB

the gloves you can buy from Culinaromancer's chest after the completion of the quest Recipe for Disaster. costs 130 to buy from shop, not tradable and is the best gloves in the game.

whats stats does the barrows gloves give you?

Engl1sh.png

Engl1sh of RSAlliance

whats stats does the barrows gloves give you?

+12 Stab Attack and Defence

+12 Slash Attack and Defence

+12 Crush Attack and Defence

+6 Magic Attack and Defence

+12 Ranged Attack and Defence

+12 Strength

+0 Prayer

In short: this pari beats every and ALL gloves out there in the entire Runescape to death. The only pair of Gloves vaguely comparable is Black Dragonhide Vambraces because it has higher magic defence, but all other stats on it are inferior to Barrow gloves.

EDIT : it is supposed to be 130k, not 130...

tim_chenw2.png

Sorry to hi-jack for a question but its about barrow-how much will it cost for 24-55 con? I have same question for barrow stuff and need to know aprox how much will i spend.

Ranged Crave

PS Sorry again :anxious: :anxious: :oops: :oops:

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry to hi-jack for a question but its about barrow-how much will it cost for 24-55 con? I have same question for barrow stuff and need to know aprox how much will i spend.

Ranged Crave

PS Sorry again :anxious: :anxious: :oops: :oops:

It depends on what you're doing.

If you're doing oak planks you're going to need 2661 of them and it's going to cost 665,250gp if you buy those planks 250gp ea. To buy 250ea you're going to have to cut all the logs yourself (use the tree near the candle shop in catherby, it's close to a bank) and take them up to the sawmill. Regular planks are a cheaper but much much worse way of doing it because they require nails.

If you do regular planks you're going to need 5504 which is alot more time consuming, but it'll cost you 550,400 gp, which si about 115k less. It's not worth it, tho, because you'll also need alot of nails. These nails will bend and probably exceed the 115k you're saving.

Don't do teaks when you get the level. They're more expensive. They're double the cost of oaks but they're less than double the experience. (oaks are 60 xp ea and teaks are 90xp ea).

Flatpack all your items so that construction will go quicker.

I don't want to go into too much of a rant on this because we're already quite a bit off topic. I just answered this question because I'm on the road to 55 construction as well and currently I have 47.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.