What's the deal with coins?

Sly_Wizard

Idiots, lol :shame:

EDIT - Now please ... try to explain to me how you make more money by NOT picking up coins :wall:

I thought Deangut explained this pretty well.

If I'm at Abyssal Demon on a slayer assignment, I'm probably there to kill about 200. Picking up coins may seem like a quick task, but with the extra click, walking time, and time lost from moving in a direction other than that of the next demon, you're losing about 4 seconds. I'm willing to wager that 75% of the drops are coins (at least mine are), so you're wasting 4 seconds on 150 Abyssal Demons. That is 600 seconds, or 10 minutes. 10 Minutes is easily enough time to kill a number of Abbies that can make the difference between a Whip-Trip and Non-Whip-Trip.

Perhaps one who is not so quick to understand should bite his or her tongue; rather than critisizing the intelligence of others.

There's a flagic flaw in your argument which I pointed out earlier.

The time it takes you to pick up coins has absolutely *NO* relevance on whether or not you get a whip drop; None! Nada! Zilch!

You will get a whip when you get one. It doesn't matter how much time you waste. Therefore attributing leaving coins to being the difference maker between a whip and not getting a whip is utterly absurd. In fact, you hurt yourself more by not picking up coins because of this very fact.

You can very easily leave every coin and not get a whip, while someone else picks up every coin and gets a whip. There is no correlation between the two.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like in your inventory, the coins on the ground differ sizewise. 1,2,3,4,5-24,25-99,100-249,250-999,1000-9999 and 10000-max all have a different shape. If you have mastered the ability of detecting the amount of coins dropped then you'll know in a split second what to take and what not. The 3000 coins drop is very easy to see so you are just dumb to not pick that 1 up.

I always wondered if Jagex could make an extra equipment spot that's like a money pouch. You could keep coins, tokkul, trading sticks, or any other form of currency so it could clear up the inventory. If this was the case, I'd pick up all the money from monster drops.

Exactly! That would make this whole argument moot.

I had the same idea as I was reading this thread.

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png