Sword sheaths

Nuclear_man2

i only read the first post so sorry if im reiterating what someone else already said...

cool idea, but i think that even if the weapon just went to your hip or back when you put it away and hung there (as if by straps, so the weapon is exposed and identifiable anyways) this way jagex adds no new items (as cool as they may be) and it adds a bit of realism to the game. =)

Heh, don't want the weapon physically exposed on this one. It still should be a mystery, just like current, what other weapons the person has until the weapon is whipped out. I personally don't mind a little mystery.

[Edit]

On top of that, instead of allowing for an unlimited amount of arrows to be equiped, quivers should be worn that hold set amount of arrows and a required ranged level to equip. they would be made from hides of all kinds and each kind of hide would hold differnt amounts of arrows. Also there would be a magic quiver that requires atleast 75 ranged to equip and holds unlmited arrows.

This would destroy most rangers as things stand. Due to the F2P rune ess update (and many other updates which I can't think of right now including the many to ranging), all new players, as well as players who have high melee or mage, but haven't developed their range skill because they were trying to rack up around 10000+ arrows before they started trying to develop it, would then become not able to do so, and therefore would forget the range skill entirely.

Also, at a certain point your quiver will be able to hold your bow when it is strung.

I have to wonder what the use is on this one. The bow should just be stuck in a holder on your back anyway.

Also, there shouold be a minor update to range in which it shows the player actually drawing an arrow from your quiver, not jsut magically making an arrow appear in you hands, notched and ready to shoot. By the way I am not a ranger, I just enjoy writing suggestions as I see them as stories and I find that writing stories takes a bit too long for my liking, so I settle with suggestions.

Now this one might be nice, although they would have to speed up animations and shot timing. If they can't implement this without slowing down a ranger's current firing speed, then they should not do it at all.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

8-)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look at it in real life,would you hold your bow all the time maybe. Your arrows would have to have a quiver, unless your holding them in your other hand.A sword you woulden't hold all the time,you'd have it slung around your waste or straped on your back.

Well look at it in real life,would you hold your bow all the time maybe.

Nope, but of note, unless a person has something equipped, as it stands, you don't know what they have on standby. I would just prefer to maintain this mystery if possible with this expansion zone, even if it meant using a general basic bow image until the bow was put into active use. :)

Your arrows would have to have a quiver, unless your holding them in your other hand.

Very true, and I think that all players already have a quiver. Else why would there be a wield zone? And who mounts more than one type into a quiver anyway? :?

A sword you woulden't hold all the time,you'd have it slung around your waste or straped on your back.

All too true. At least in this one's case, you still keep the mystery of what they have equipped because the blade itself is not showing. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I remember Someone mentioning That the sword would have to be unsheathed before combat however if u read my origninal post when u attack something u would automaticly unsheath Ur Main Weapon (like how u choice an attack to use with a staff. There could be a menu listing all your weapons ur carrying on u And u could select the one to use (this would be best done before u start a fight) So then when u attack something you take our ur bow or sword.

As for scabber i looked it up and its the same thing as a sheath.

I'm working on starting a web design buisness and a book

Goals-90M/100M-Top 2.0k In Smith-26m as F2P(+lvl 79 Smith)

United SmeltersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Association-Founder

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

=D> =D> =D> love the idea :) it will make the game seem more realisitic :thumbsup: i like the bow and quiver idea to, but if you notice, you can see a small quiver type thing attatched to the leather range armor so you might not need to have to have one slung over your shoulder. or mabye you could and use the one of your leg for extra arrows

also i think if you have a bow slung over your back that you shouldnt have a 2h sword on your back as well (that would hurt) so i think you should have a slot to put on your back for a bow OR a 2h sword.

i think that a dagger shouldn't have a scabber.....i mean seriosuly....why do you need a scabber for a little blade....so i think you should have a strap to attach to your leg that holds a dagger. so then you can be fighing with mage, have a Bow & quiver slung over your shoulder, a Dragon longsword on a belt scabber and a dds in a pocket type thing on your leg.

Perfact thing for pkers, that can take 4 or so weapons out and unsheath them when ever they want to

i think that you should be able to have a menu where you can check which weapon will be your "main" weapon. so if you are holding no weapon then that one will automatically be unshethed. then you have buttons where you can unsheth other weapons by pressiong a button similer to the special attack (only no drain) and then the weapon you were using before you unshethed the weapon gets returned to its proper scabber (if its a staff its returned to the inventory)

untitled6kv7.gif

=D> =D> =D> love the idea :) it will make the game seem more realisitic :thumbsup: i like the bow and quiver idea to, but if you notice, you can see a small quiver type thing attatched to the leather range armor so you might not need to have to have one slung over your shoulder. or mabye you could and use the one of your leg for extra arrows

also i think if you have a bow slung over your back that you shouldnt have a 2h sword on your back as well (that would hurt) so i think you should have a slot to put on your back for a bow OR a 2h sword.

i think that a dagger shouldn't have a scabber.....i mean seriosuly....why do you need a scabber for a little blade....so i think you should have a strap to attach to your leg that holds a dagger. so then you can be fighing with mage, have a Bow & quiver slung over your shoulder, a Dragon longsword on a belt scabber and a dds in a pocket type thing on your leg.

Perfact thing for pkers, that can take 4 or so weapons out and unsheath them when ever they want to

i think that you should be able to have a menu where you can check which weapon will be your "main" weapon. so if you are holding no weapon then that one will automatically be unshethed. then you have buttons where you can unsheth other weapons by pressiong a button similer to the special attack (only no drain) and then the weapon you were using before you unshethed the weapon gets returned to its proper scabber (if its a staff its returned to the inventory)

exactly

also i wanna add for fun you could use the sheath itself as a weapon (wouldnt be that good of a weapon but it would be funny to see some1 killing stuff with a sheath)

I Could Also See a Skill to make sheaths. or A skill that says how fast ur able to unsheath ur weapon. And just like how fast weapons hit there could be a difference in how fast ur able to unsheath ur weapon that would be very simular to how fast ur able to attack. Going back to having unsheathing as a skill u could get like cut when u unsheath ur weapon as a random event or if u was a novice at unsheathing ur sword. I guess making a shealth would go under crafting and would probably be a part of leather making.

or Geting a sheath could be like the pouches for RC. They help a ton by enableing u to carry/Weild extra weapons but are extremely hard to get (or so im told IDK cause im not a member). u could also customize ur sheath by like studing it with gems to increase its look as well as the damage it does if u hit something with it (if ur able to).

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

Some people in reality have the dexterity of hand and body to be able to carry many weapons all over their body... Having Staffs, Bow&Arrows, and a 2-Hander seems fully normal to me...

Also, why disadvantage a mage by forcing the staff back to the inventory and letting the warrior and ranger have all their stuff on easy equip? This would be unbalanced, in my personal opinion. Anyway, ever seen someone pull out a quarterstaff with a cool twirl? If you haven't, you should!

exactly

also i wanna add for fun you could use the sheath itself as a weapon (wouldnt be that good of a weapon but it would be funny to see some1 killing stuff with a sheath)

I Could Also See a Skill to make sheaths. or A skill that says how fast ur able to unsheath ur weapon. And just like how fast weapons hit there could be a difference in how fast ur able to unsheath ur weapon that would be very simular to how fast ur able to attack. Going back to having unsheathing as a skill u could get like cut when u unsheath ur weapon as a random event or if u was a novice at unsheathing ur sword. I guess making a shealth would go under crafting and would probably be a part of leather making.

or Geting a sheath could be like the pouches for RC. They help a ton by enableing u to carry/Weild extra weapons but are extremely hard to get (or so im told IDK cause im not a member). u could also customize ur sheath by like studing it with gems to increase its look as well as the damage it does if u hit something with it (if ur able to).

Sheath-making = an interesting idea...

Cutting yourself due to inexperience with your sheath = far too overboard, and something that a lot of people would flat hate, especially in the wildi!

Sheath-making = an interesting idea...

Cutting yourself due to inexperience with your sheath = far too overboard, and something that a lot of people would flat hate, especially in the wildi!

Ok fine No Cutting urself. (i was thinking it would only do like 1 damage anyway maybe 2)

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

exactly

lol...it could be a step up from flower power :shock:

i think it could just be a part of crafting. you could make dragonhide scabbers.......and an addition to smithing for metal ones. also the dragonhides give a small mage def bonus and the metal give a small range and melee bounus. also i think they should have a dragon scabber that is droped my KQ or something.....also you wouldnt need a whole skill to unsheath weapons....but mabye just an addition to strength. :-k

i got a medium pouch on my second or third kill \' i dont think there really rare....or mabye i just got lucky :?

untitled6kv7.gif

Some people in reality have the dexterity of hand and body to be able to carry many weapons all over their body... Having Staffs, Bow&Arrows, and a 2-Hander seems fully normal to me...

Also, why disadvantage a mage by forcing the staff back to the inventory and letting the warrior and ranger have all their stuff on easy equip? This would be unbalanced, in my personal opinion. Anyway, ever seen someone pull out a quarterstaff with a cool twirl? If you haven't, you should!

:idea: :-k mabye you should have to have a certin agility lvl to weild more scabbers and a higer str lvl to weild better scabbers like 10 agility to weild a dagger scabber, 20 agilty to weild a longsword scabber...something like that..and 10 str to weild a black scabber

also if you have seen lord of the rings....gandalf (the wizard guy) always carries his staff he doesnt have a staff scabber.....he eaither always carries his staff or sets it down....oh yeah....except when is is on a horse...mabye...i have to watch the movies again :?

anyway...if you have a quiver.....and bow....a staff....and 2h....a dagger...and a longsword...all on you...that you can unsheath...i mean seriously....i think the staff,quiver,bow and 2h would all go on your back...possibly you could have to spots where you can carry something on your back....like one for a bow and one for a a staff or something...and you can use the cape spot for a quiver

:-k :wall: :-k

untitled6kv7.gif

exactly

I think it should be used for def not attack, like add a def bonus but no atk i can see it,

cws i start with my d smitty then freeze em with ice barrage then shoot em with my crystal bow three way ownage with no extra inventory space \'

exactly

With how I was thinking of it, you would not have to lose the cape. :)

Now, just a question: How many of you are P2P and fail to give a care about F2P? I was trying to keep this for both modes because of how much the game would have to change to support it... There are currently limitations on what the game is capable of as it stands, and integrating something like this REQUIRES a full game engine change. :?

Hopefully, this helps in the rest of your thoughts.

I think it should be used for def not attack, like add a def bonus but no atk i can see it,

cws i start with my d smitty then freeze em with ice barrage then shoot em with my crystal bow three way ownage with no extra inventory space \'

This is just the kind of thing I had in mind.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

If this hasnt been said, you should have another slot altogether for belts, sheaths, ect. And the sheaths should have to be made of the same kinf of metal as the weapon, or the weapon would be to heavy for it and break the sheath.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Yeah i see what your saying... a little sword holder type thing...? so then it doesnt look like your carrying a weapon and still saves you that one inventory slot. I don't think it could work with like certain barrow items/2 handed items. Imaging a granite maul in your sheath or whatever you call it... :lol:

barrows items could work, for example torags hammers would have a holster on each side of the belt, one for each hammer. Guthans spear could just have a big long sheath that straps onto your back. Ahrims just needs a strap to be attached to the back. Dharoks could strap on the back just like guthans spear. Veracs flail... im not sure how that would work. karils x bow could just have a holster like torags hammers. i think that would work pretty good

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

someone mentioned that something about P2p. Im a f2p And i think that making sheaths P2p would be unjust. Due to in realiity basicly every sword/knife comes with a sheath. even Knives that fold in half the part it folds into acts as a sheath. Having A Blade without some sort of sheath is actully realisicly quite dangerous Not only to you but every1 around you. Thinking about every1 ive walking by in RS with my weapon out. i probably would have stabed like a few 1000 people by now. If not 10,000s or 100,000s.

Im Not saying every sheath has to be f2p im just saying that there should be some f2p maybe like 1 or 2 f2p sheilds like bronze or leather sheaths and Have like iron-rune/Dragonhide be members.

There could also be a limit on how many sheaths u can use. Like having a slot for them maybe 1 on ur waist 1 on ur back.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

i said earlier that the scabbers would give def bonus depending on if they were leather or metal :shock: <.< -.-

Heh, could add a crush bonus if you keep the weapon sheathed and hit with it. Adds new combat styles! :lol:

If this hasnt been said, you should have another slot altogether for belts, sheaths, ect. And the sheaths should have to be made of the same kinf of metal as the weapon, or the weapon would be to heavy for it and break the sheath.

No need for it, really. The sheath should go with the weapon, and provide status markers like "(sh)" such that a rune scimitar would have both "Rune Scimitar" and "Rune Scimitar (sh)"... :)

someone mentioned that something about P2p. Im a f2p And i think that making sheaths P2p would be unjust. Due to in realiity basicly every sword/knife comes with a sheath. even Knives that fold in half the part it folds into acts as a sheath. Having A Blade without some sort of sheath is actully realisicly quite dangerous Not only to you but every1 around you. Thinking about every1 ive walking by in RS with my weapon out. i probably would have stabed like a few 1000 people by now. If not 10,000s or 100,000s.

ROTFLMAO :lol: ... TOO TRUE!!!

Im Not saying every sheath has to be f2p im just saying that there should be some f2p maybe like 1 or 2 f2p sheilds like bronze or leather sheaths and Have like iron-rune/Dragonhide be members.

Uhm, and what about sheaths for an F2P's Rune Scimitar? Are you whacked out of your mind?!?!? :shock:

There could also be a limit on how many sheaths u can use. Like having a slot for them maybe 1 on ur waist 1 on ur back.

Doesn't work that well, sorry. :(

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

yeah buti think your making yourself have less stuff :? i think F2p should have leather and bronze-black mabye...and also they could have gilded scabbers as well

hmmm mabye even god scabbers :)

but yeah you make sence...why the heck would anyone walk around with there sword out all the time :o unless they were killing everyone in sight :lol: but i dont f2p would have every scabber cause you should be able to get god and trimmed scabbers :o

but also i think you should have 4 scabber spots

1) waist

2) back (for a 2h)

3) back (for a bow & arrows)

4) dagger pouch thing

untitled6kv7.gif

so just out of curiousity, how many people would bother to use this storage place for a sword. I mean yeah i guess if it were reality it would be a good idea. its not hurting my arm to hold the sword, and it seems like it would be a bother to keep wielding and unwielding my sword. If Im mining i just dont bring it with me. If im fighting I want the sword out to fight with...I wouldnt bother to use any holder for my sword at all.

~Greetings from across the River Styx~

meh....its mainly to make RS more realistic....and so you can save inventory space...cause you can still hold your sword all the time :)

mabye they could make it so that if someone click on you to att you automaticly draw out your main weapon :-k

untitled6kv7.gif

i said earlier that the scabbers would give def bonus depending on if they were leather or metal :shock: <.< -.-

Heh, could add a crush bonus if you keep the weapon sheathed and hit with it. Adds new combat styles! :lol:

No need for it, really. The sheath should go with the weapon, and provide status markers like "(sh)" such that a rune scimitar would have both "Rune Scimitar" and "Rune Scimitar (sh)"... :)

ROTFLMAO :lol: ... TOO TRUE!!!

Uhm, and what about sheaths for an F2P's Rune Scimitar? Are you whacked out of your mind?!?!? :shock:

Doesn't work that well, sorry. :(

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

all very good comments exept The one to me with the scimmy. I ment all blades could have a sheath. Even Spears and halberts could have a sheath just to cover the blade. I expectally like the sheathed status marker thing Ie "(sh)".

and idk how many people would use it. And also like i said before it would automaticly unsheath the weapon u set as ur main weapon WHen u wanted to attack or was under attack. also a short around ur waist would actully feel lighter then to hold it out in front of u this could like factor in to how far your able to run.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

all very good comments exept The one to me with the scimmy. I ment all blades could have a sheath. Even Spears and halberts could have a sheath just to cover the blade.

In regard to the Scimitar thing, I was under the impression that you didn't want sheaths to exist for anything over bronze weapons with how you talked about it ORIGINALLY. Sorry. :(

~Mr. D. V. Devnull