Nuclear_man2's Real World Business

Nuclear_man2

Hello fellow tip.iters some of you know me, some of you dont (those that do are probably by my nuclear Co. line of companies or my merchanting guide, though most of people that would know me would be from the Marketplace (Smithing/crafting).

note: Im also now starting on writing a book

Also i had a bit of a setback and wont beable to start for a while so until thing ill just come visit forums for a while you can reply to this as you wish and i may or may not try to keep it up.

This is where ill be telling you guys about my buisness adventures in the real world... to give you some idea's here is my farewell speech.

Fairwell tip.it/runescape, i have decided that I probably wont play again (unless sumoning is really awesome (as i still got like 20+ days for membership). I have learned much from RS. For instance that noobs are really really annoying and that making a buisness can be fun as well as annoying. On that note i have a bit of an anouccement. That I am going into the freelancing buisness (Yes the "steel giant" is gonna have a real buisness. Look out world here i come . I might keep you guys posted on how that goes in a blog topic so keep your eye out for me.

Anyway to all my friends and anyone that knew me Ii bid you farewell. Ill still come by every once in a while. expectally while i still have membership remaining lol. You'll all might like to know that i submitted a last request to jagex to allow merchanting to survive. Who knows if they will listen to the merchant gone freelancer.

-Nuclear_man2

Topic was removed (supprisingly it stayed up longer then i thought in the Smithing/crafting part of the market place).

I'll be updating this periodically so ya. I'm working on my website now so ill add that somehow (either in my profile or elsewhere).

I'll put up my logo once my website is online.

[hide=Business Log]

Dec 28, 2007 - Came up with idea, started making webpage and researching it. Initial time until completion:

Jan 10th: Webpage/Documents

Feb 2ed: Business cabible of taking clients.

Jan 4th, 2008 - Ahead of scedule website capible of going online within 3 days, business within 2 weeks.

Also on that day I noticed someone reported this post... I'm glad that I was correct in posting it here.

~Jan 5th, 2008 - had a bit of a setback, so website wont be up until probably march, until then ill be gaining some more capital.

Jan 6th, 2008 - Started talking to a graphic designer (ill from here on in refer to him as "DA").

Jan 7th, 2008+ - DA starts making some free logo's for my buisness, also helps come up with an improvement to the name.

Jan 10th, 2009 - DA has already made over 20 Logo designs and ive selected a banner logo, and almost got a regular logo.

-Actual web will probably not be hosted until about march.

[/hide][hide=The Buisness]

The plan is to start off my making web pages for small buisnesses in the area. I might start a blog later on, but that will be after my website is up and running.

I plan to make simple web pages at first with no other real coding other then HTML and what I can do with Microsoft Frontpage 2002 (going to be looking into other software as well). I''ll expand to other coding methods as I learn them.

I currently do not have any graphic designing skills. So if graphic design is required I'll probably direct them to a graphic designer (probably my good friend DA).

If you got any other questions just post them here.

[/hide]

I'm working on starting a web design buisness and a book

Goals-90M/100M-Top 2.0k In Smith-26m as F2P(+lvl 79 Smith)

United SmeltersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Association-Founder

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

*business

Best of luck with it :) Entrepreneurship should be encouraged. Do it well and you'll get far more from it than from a minimum wage job.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

*business

Best of luck with it :) Entrepreneurship should be encouraged. Do it well and you'll get far more from it than from a minimum wage job.

thats the plan (as a extremely successful RS merchant i think ill do just fine).

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

*business

thats the plan (as a extremely successful RS merchant i think ill do just fine).

Runescape and the real world are different... I'm sure you know that though lol. I'm sure you'll do just fine :thumbsup:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

*business

Runescape and the real world are different... I'm sure you know that though lol. I'm sure you'll do just fine :thumbsup:

yes, i do... and im already working on getting setup. However many things about RS buisiness owning trasfers to the real world the management aspect at least.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

good luck...and dont fall for scams... :shame:

Yes, yet another thing RS buisness teaches you... if the deal looks to good to be true... it probably isnt... and always double check the second window :D. in other words... get everything confirmed and make sure your doing things legally. Else you get banned (or in the RW... sued... or fined...)

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

Don't forget arrested.

But yea, good luck with...starting your own business...good..for..you? No, I'm..happy. Really.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Don't forget arrested.

But yea, good luck with...starting your own business...good..for..you? No, I'm..happy. Really.

If your not being sarcastic then thanks :D.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

No sarcasm, people starting businesses just isnt my thing, but I wanted to throw in the arrested part...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

ic... but yes thats also a possible bad outcome...

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

Good luck. My grandfather started his own buisness and it's still around today. He also has a good deal of cash in his wallet. ::'

Hope for the best and don't give up.

thats cool... ya ill probably have something like that hopefully.hoping to maybe come out of college with money.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

So what type of business is this? A service, products, etc.?

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

service, mostly web page design for small businesses, nothing too extravagant, with some excel based calculations and predictions and some freelance writing... got the contract drawn up if you need something lol. you can find the skill of my writing in my merchanting guide, and my excel ablilty in my calculators (see my merchanting guide for info on those).

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

Website design is a really oversaturated sector of commerce & business...

But if you offer competitive prices over other companies, you can have plenty of paying customers. 8-) Good luck with it, hope you can earn a living off it (or even better)

Am I missing something?

Are you planning on doing graphics with your web sites or just the actual code? Or is the graphics guy just doing a logo?

Yea, are you providing pre-made CSS, or lay-out designs? Or are you making graphics for CSS/Lay-outs/Backgrounds?

Am I missing something?

Are you planning on doing graphics with your web sites or just the actual code? Or is the graphics guy just doing a logo?

Yea, are you providing pre-made CSS, or lay-out designs? Or are you making graphics for CSS/Lay-outs/Backgrounds?

I would recommend doing graphics as well as code, if you have the skill of course. I absolutely refuse to do graphic design (you don't want to see anything I've ever tried to design) but that cuts a lot of opportunities. In my somewhat limited experience, most people expect it as a bundle.

Oh, and remember to design your portfolio/info site with about as much effort as you'd be able to budget on a commercial scale. Don't want to give people expectations you can't live up to on a busy work week.

normally i start answering replys from the last one... however might not work well this time so ill start from the first reply.

Noticed a few things were off topic of what i was actually doing so im gonna be puting more details into my main post.

BlueLancer - I'm planning on making actual websites for small buisnesses, i live in an area with a quite a few of them around so ill probably start local and build up my skills, then expand to more online, and also im gonna be experimenting with various things to see what works best for me.

Errdoth - as stated above ill be making website for various people which will inclue at least some coding as ill be using mostly microsoft frontpage, and the graphics guy did my logo as i didnt have the knowlage or the tools to make a decent one though i am looking into it, along with many other area's.

skatedog111 - read the above.

Errdoth - ya im gonna try to do both, or at least be decent with graphics.

Ya its a good idea to have limits... When i get started I probably wont have much work so i should beable to get an idea of them during that time.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide