How to get your fishing up from 1 - 50+

alex_lee8

OK, this is my guide on how to level fishing. It is aimed at low level fishers as it basically takes you step-by-step from level 1 to level 50 fishing and higher.

First of all, you will need the right equipment.

To start all you need is a net. Later you will need a fishing rod, fly fishing rod, harpoon and lobster pot, but they only cost 5 - 20gp each so don't worry! They can all be bought from Port Sarim fishing shop (check your world map if you're not sure where it is). And another thing - bank all your fish! You can cook them afterwards, and sell them, or eat them or whatever you like to do with fish.

So you have a net and maybe the other stuff. The best place to fish when you are a low level is Draynor, by the willow trees, and by the bank. Watch out for the dark wizards if you are a low combat level.

But anyway, you've found Draynor and the fishing spot, so just click on it, and you should start fishing shrimps! They may take a while to start but it will soon get quicker. I'm not enitrely sure but i think you should get to level 5 fishing pretty quick, as in a few inventories.

When you are level 5 fishing, take some more money down to Port Sarim fishing shop and buy 200 bait, and rod to go with it. You can fish sardines and soon herrings. Just use up all the bait, and you should be level 20 fishing or there abouts. If you aren't there yet, buy a few more bait until you are.

When you do reach level 20 fishing, you can fly fish. It doesn't matter what combat level you are now, becuase chickens are easy to kill. Go and kill 100 of them (tally them off to count them if it helps) and pick up the feathers. There is chickens either in lumbridge or on the road to Falador. I think you should have about 700 feathers, or something like that if you kill 100 chickens. Also, if you have low combat and level 1 attack or something, it will get your chosen attack style to 10 or 11 if you started at 1.

With the feathers, go and buy a fly fishing rod and instead of fishing in Draynor, you will have to move to either Lumbridge, near the goblin house (which i don't recomend because its ages to a bank), or to Barbarian village. Fish all the trout you can, and when you have used up all your feathers, you should be able to fish lobsters!

Remember you should have all your fish in your bank. Now is the time to cook them all. If you cook them either in Al Kharid or Edgeville there is a cooking range very close to the bank which is very handy. You burn less fish on a range and you don't waste inventory space with logs and a tinderbox. When all the fish are cooked you hopefully should have level 40 fishing atleast, although it depends how many you burn.

You have a choice now to get to level 50 fishing, you could either go full-on at the lobbies, or fish tuna aswell. If you fish 1000 lobsters, you would end up with about 52 fishing, but in a free world thid could get tedious as its 30gp both ways to karamja. It would be alright at Catherby though. If you just sold your lobsters to the Karamja general store after cooking them, you wouldn't get half as much money but it would be a lot quicker for non-members.

If you choose this method and cook all the lobsters you would end up with 54 or 55 cooking, easily being able to cook swordies.

The other option is tuna aswell. I would recomend this because lobsters take ages to fish when you are still only level 40. If you use a harpoon and fish 350 tuna, you will be level 45 fishing roughly, and lobsters would be a little faster. When you have done this, 500 lobsters would get you to 50 fishing, and cooking them all would get you to 53 or 54 cooking.

When you have 50 fishing, there is a number of ways to go to get it up. My fishing is 71 and I'm trying to get 76 for sharks. I fly-fished 15k feathers and now I'm fishing lobsters. I think i have roughly 6k of them to go. You could do a number of other things if you wanted higher fishing, but I'm sure you could think of better ways than me

I hope this guide helped you.

Could you also leave comments because I may do other guides and want to know what was good and bad etc.

Thanks!

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Thanks Bombing_7000, it took me ages to write.

The rest of you, theres no need to be so harsh! I know this community is probably p2p mostly, but im not, and i think my guide would help some noob who needed help finding his feet.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Comment.

We ALL know how to fish.

From Shrimp, To Tuna, To Lobbies, best and most easy way mate.

Pointless Guide I'm sorry to say.

"Once you get to Lobsters, you're on your way"!

This quote alone proves that you could obviously use this guide. In F2P (which this guide is clearly aimed at...) Tuna and Lobbies are both increadibly slow, fly-fishing is 10x faster xp...

Nice guide mate

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

Thanks Bombing_7000, it took me ages to write.

The rest of you, theres no need to be so harsh! I know this community is probably p2p mostly, but im not, and i think my guide would help some noob who needed help finding his feet.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

i thought you were getting 76 fish for sharks? :?:

Really some of this is really good like what place to fish ^^ But I reccomend to fish lower fish until at least 5 levels more then the new fish :thumbsup:

Green Dragons (as you're probably aware) are Dragons that are Green.

I am happy to say I have never ever called anyone a noob.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Comment.

We ALL know how to fish.

your pointless -.-

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

yeah, i know it souns silly, im getting 76 for shakrs and im f2p...

When i have 76 fishing, 80 cooking, and some other levels higher than they are now im gonna be a member.

My mum will probably change her mind after lol, but oh well.

Thanks guys.

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

yeah, i know it souns silly, im getting 76 for shakrs and im f2p...

When i have 76 fishing, 80 cooking, and some other levels higher than they are now im gonna be a member.

My mum will probably change her mind after lol, but oh well.

Thanks guys.

Don't make my mistake and fish for money. As in fish lobs and sell raw.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• 2 months later...
Comment.

We ALL know how to fish.

exactly besides when you got 62 fishing its monkfish all the way from there (faster and more xp than sharks)

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Good guide,

It would have helped me when i was first F2P. Dont listen to these other newbs - Get yourself up and dust your self off

Maybe you should include pictures on where the bestplaces to buy/collect feathers are and where a fishing spot is close to a bank.

Althought there are skill tutors out know. It nice to see a human touch

~! necro

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Not good - everybody knew of how to train fishing. I don't like it, it needs to have a pay to play part, too.

3\10

If you read - hes not a member

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

• 3 weeks later...

3/10 +Needs Pics or coloured writing

THIS IS ONLY USEFULL FOR NEWBIES

Current Goal=Level 99 Woodcutting

Current Level=Level 71 Woodcutting

Current Goal=Level 99 Fletching

Current Level=Level 56 Fletching

Check Out My Goal Thread http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3943599#3943599

My "intro" for any of my new pures and special taskers (made two low level sceptre chasers, so I could put the successful one in skeleton & sceptre), is:

1. Fish to level 2 (not 3) in tutorial, cook them, make up level 3 cooking by dropping ingredients for bread and cooking more than 1.

2. Out of tutorial, complete Cooks assistant before anything else.

3. Take 10-14 logs, tinderbox & net to the new Lumbridge tutor fishing area.

4. Fish, cook and drop, staying on shrimps until level 15, as each shrimp is 10 fishing and 30 cooking, giving a nice early boost to cooking. Draynor is also possible, better if you prefer to bank and cook later, but the Dark wizards are a nuisance to lower combat levels.

5. From level 15, the anchovies that are included in the catch cive more to fishing than cooking, so either stay with them until level 20, or go and get a rod & bait. The herring that can be caught with bait are useful if you've done little combat training.

6. At level 20 killing chickens for feathers and using a fly rod works pretty well, and the trout also serve as excellent combat food for lower levels. Switching to baiting Pike after level 25 is possible, but fly fishing through to 30 (for Salmon included) works just as well.

I concentrate on getting high cooking XP relative to fishing, and staying on shrimp really works for that, as foes cooking any meat or chicken you get, at least until able to cook some of the more important items. Stews are the low level cooks dream - healing 11 in one bite at level 25 cooking.

• 4 months later...

I have only 59 fishing.

I fish swordies, sell them and make 30k profit per hour.

I tried lobbies but they're slow and swordies heal better.

SWORDIES AND TUNA ARE THE WAY TO GO...Until monkfish or sharks.

H29

Good effort put into the guide. Overally I still feel that tuna fishing at any lvl is pointless. First off there is very low demand for them and in the end you end up selling them to general store/fishing store. Another issue is tuna fishing at 35 is so slow that it's pathetic exp. Hence just flyfish to 40 and fish lobs directly. Tuna is a waste of time seriously

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.