Black Demon Metal Dragons vs the CANNON

ninjai07

So I have been killing Bronze Dragons for a while now trying to get the elusive D drops (none yet) and was wondering if anyone had tried taking a cannon down to the Brimhaven dungeon? Would it be effective against these type of monsters??? :-k

Makes me wonder why I havent seen more people using the cannon on metal dragons and demons before :-k

I tend to melee them and the other day I saw a mage down there just owning the bronze dragons. <.< I am probably a little on the low end to even be down there but it keeps me on the edge of my seat which is nice after runecrafting for a couple hours.

Cannon works alright against Bronze Dragons as they have relatively low defense. If you try it on a Steel Dragon, however, you will quickly find that the cannon is rendered useless against their massive defense.

PS: If you want the d drops, go for Steels :P

Nazgul.jpeg

Cannon works alright against Bronze Dragons as they have relatively low defense. If you try it on a Steel Dragon, however, you will quickly find that the cannon is rendered useless against their massive defense.

PS: If you go for steels, get a magic dart or chaosgauntlets and firebolt

Nah dragons own them, fastest way to kill them is with a cannon + addy darts.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

I always bring my cannon when I get those massive iron dragon slayer tasks that Chaeldar/Vannaka tends to give me every now and then. Works fine, and makes me able to kill a good amount more dragons on a trip down there than I can without cannon(I prefer to melee with prayer pots).

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Hmmm ... so if I am reading this correctly the cannon DOES work with bronze and iron dragons ... but probably not as effective against steel?

Perhaps the reason I havent seen anyone using one is because I have just been killing bronze dragons? Does anyone know if using a cannon somehow lowers your chances of getting drops?

Hmmm ... so if I am reading this correctly the cannon DOES work with bronze and iron dragons ... but probably not as effective against steel?

Perhaps the reason I havent seen anyone using one is because I have just been killing bronze dragons? Does anyone know if using a cannon somehow lowers your chances of getting drops?

Regarding drops: I did a 60something iron dragon slayer task last week with cannon, got 1 drag skirt and 1 pair of drag legs. I am pretty sure cannon does NOT affect drop rate. I have been down there many times both with cannon and without.

Regarding steel dragons: in my opinion it's not the steel dragons defence that is the problem, it's where they are located (=spread out among the iron dragons). It is very hard to use the cannon to only shoot steel dragons, it tend to catch mainly iron dragons. When it catch a steel dragon, it works well.

When I do iron dragons, I usually set cannon up in a place as far from steel dragon spawns as I can, there are a few places down in the cave that works well and I only catch a steel dragon on rare occasions.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png