The origin of dragon metal

onauric

Just started to wonder this when reading the thread about possible dragon crossbows. So does anyone have any information of the dragon metal, the one which all dragon weaponry and armour are made of? Who smithed and made all the dragon equipment and where did the materials come from? Have Jagex ever revealed something about them and have I missed it. :?:

The examine info of dragon sq shield tells that it's ancient and thus they must be very old. They are called dragon and they tend to have some dragonlike design so my bet is that they are made long long time ago of some very powerful now extinct red metal dragons... Lol and it's obvious that the skill to smith dragon metal was forgotten generations ago (well you have to and can smith two pieces of dragon sq together but hammering one from few bars could be rather difficult...). But wouldn't it just be cool to have some quest where you would have to explore some deep caves and find the remains of red metal dragon and bring sample of their metal skin to some dwarven engineer etc. =P~ And are the red metal dragons extinct after all... Post your thoughts.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

The reason you cant make dragon armour is because you need a dragon metal hide, you get this from a lvl 1046 "dragon" dragon. :shock:

Also there is the lvl 1238 "barrows" dragon from which barrows armour is dropped :o

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

if u talk to the fairy who sells dragon longswords and daggers she says that their from a dimension called "freneskrae" or something like that , and wise old man says the mahjarret come from that dimension , the mahjarrat are mostly gods so that makes sense to what art crazy wrote

if u talk to the fairy who sells dragon longswords and daggers she says that their from a dimension called "freneskrae" or something like that , and wise old man says the mahjarret come from that dimension , the mahjarrat are mostly gods so that makes sense to what art crazy wrote

Close, but not quite...

The dimension you refer to is called Frenaskae. Guthix summoned warriors from this dimension in the times of the wars between saradomin and zamorak, to make them all stop the fighting.

The Wise Old Man is a big fat liar if you ask me. He is very Saradomin-biased, and even though he is "Old" and "Wise" I tend to trust the words of someone who has actually been around during those days.

Juna will tell you the REAL deal of things.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

personally i think your waaay off base. I think they call it dragon the same reason they call it rune. Just cause. They haven't released a reason...and they probably never will...i'd send in a query tho lol

I think your post brings a lot of good questions, it good be cool if Jagex brough some quest out like that, explaining how all they gods and stuff 'came about', you should send the idea to jagex, i think they may like it :-k

136 Combat :: Jjozzie :: 2000 Total

99 Slayer - 99 Summoning - 92 Herblore - 82 Prayer

64m Attack - 25m Strength - 17m Defence - 20m Range - 44m Hp - 20m Magic

:: Bandos ::

*Solo* - 3 Hilts - 2 Chestplates - 2 Tassets - 1 Boots - 6 Shards

*Duo - 8 Hilts - 6 Chestplates - 6 Tassets - 4 Boots - 14 Shards