new area sounds?

neogeo0823

wow! i just read the behind the scenes for september and this sounds interesting.

"The way we use sound in the free and members' games will be getting another massive boost from the inclusion of area sounds. These area sounds add a new level of immersion into our game world, with waterfalls growing louder as you walk towards them, trees with birds and animal sounds in them, bubbling fountains, wind whistling through the mountains, the sound of the sea lapping against the shore and mysterious howls haunting the peaks of the Wilderness. It really does add a new dimension to the game, and we have enjoyed developing them immensely."

so it seems that we will be able to hear sounds in proximity to objects that make sounds. i, personally, cant wait to be able to hear that! i always loved fishing in catherby and listening to the music, which sounds like waves lapping up on the shoreline. ive always wanted to know how loud the waterfall from the waterfall quest was, or how hard the winds blow through the deserts and mountains alike. and it would be really cool to actually hear the blobs of lava falling down upon you as you recharge your prayer in the wilderness' east chaos temple.

so whats your opinion on this?

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

wow, that was a quick responce...

...anyway, it always did puzzle me why people were always so angry with jagex for not updating some section of the map, or giving a better look to this or that, or whatever. theyre working on it, and i think that the work theyve done so far is really cool.

on the subject of macroers, they develop right along side jagex. as jagex develops systems to fight them, new macros come out to fight the systems. its a viscous cycle.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

It's nice to know they're improving aspects of the game like that, but it's a shame I don't have RS music or sounds on (normally anyway). Maybe if they're good I'll have it on more often :P .

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Maybe "background and atmosphere" isn't as difficult as we thought.

Actually, since an update or two ago, you can hear other players chicken-whacking, and I think when a random teleports someone.

Might be a degree of anti-macro in it, as if you can hear sounds other than your own, it screws up a potential incident detection method for macros.

Now if they REALLY wanted to impress us - synthesized speech!