Unfinished work- Sinners in the hands of an Angry God

Nadril

Sinners.jpg

This is unfinished, i'm doing it for english (she wanted us to do something that uses one of the descriptions in a sermon we read called "Sinners in the hands of an angry god"

Basicly, i'm trying to get kind of an abstractual feeling to hell. In one of the parts of the sermon he explains of god holding you over the flames of hell and he can drop you at any time. I want to do something representing that, but i'm stuck atm. I have a basic kind of thing done but there is still a lot of white, and it's very unfinished. Any tips on how to improve it would be awsome :D I want this to look as nice as posible :P

EDIT: Sinners3.jpg V2.5

Interesting image. I always knew it was a fire and brimstone sermon, but you have an interesting approach. (I was never interested in the puritan writing in my classes.. blech)

heh thanks. It was kind of an interesting sermon, and like how it's said that alot of the puritans would just get up and moan and scream and stuff :shock: kind of got me interested lol.

hum its not bad, buts its so confusing, even for an abstract. Dont know what to look at :?

yeah i'm trying to think of a focal point, can't think of a good one though :?

Thats why its unfinished :D lol. Any ideas to make it better anyone? :P

Perhaps put a demonic face in the middle.. don't make it too obvious.. perhaps something in the background that you can barely make out?

yeah. I know i was thinking of getting a stock photo of a hand, have it represent gods hand, and have it holding over a shilohute (sp?) of a person over the flames. :)

Perhaps put a demonic face in the middle.. don't make it too obvious.. perhaps something in the background that you can barely make out?

yeah. I know i was thinking of getting a stock photo of a hand, have it represent gods hand, and have it holding over a shilohute (sp?) of a person over the flames. :)

i think puttind images in abstracts ruins it. If i were you i would make the render bigger, and show more of its detail. Cause i like the render.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

i think puttind images in abstracts ruins it. If i were you i would make the render bigger, and show more of its detail. Cause i like the render.

I might make it bigger :P But I'm probaly gunna keep it like this because of time restraints (got till thursday lol :P)

I'll keep working on it :D Hope i can get something good 8)

Nadril1.jpg

I felt like doing something with it. So i did.

Heres what i did:

First off, it needed some smoke like stuff so i duplicated the layer, did a wave with the default settings, and set the layer to overlay 40% Then collapse the layer by pressing CTRL-E.

Now i desaturated it for a new coloring.

Then i went to image > adjustments > curves.

Set it so it made the image a little darker.

Then went to image > adjustments > color balence

And played around with all the settings there.

Dats all i did.

I think it looks alot better :wink:

Tried some more stuff with it.

- Added it to be more "foggy" at the top, near the bottom it gets realy firey.

- Added a pool of lava or whatever in the middle :P

- Burned the flames to make them look better.

Sinners2.jpg

EDIT: I might add yours to my thing some how, would you mind? :D I think it could add an element i needed.

EDIT x2: I added your's in mine with like a 50% Opacity, i think it looks better now :D

Sinners3.jpg

Hmm, its a nice peice, but lacks a focal. Its just.....there.

Neat vision, I think maybe a person falling, on fire of course :) would be a nice touch. Also maybe some evil demonic bats or something. 8) Something very subtle, blended in well, so when people do find it, they're surprised. :wink:

If it isn't in your veins, you'll never know.

awesome man, i know exactly what ur speaking about and trying to do...id try it where a man is hanging on by like a string and at anytime he can dropped in the depths of hell....try something like that ( a pixel of some sort )

Hmm, its a nice peice, but lacks a focal. Its just.....there.

Neat vision, I think maybe a person falling, on fire of course :) would be a nice touch. Also maybe some evil demonic bats or something. 8) Something very subtle, blended in well, so when people do find it, they're surprised. :wink:

Thanks :P Today is my final day to work on it. hopefully i can get it to look nice, with saturation, and new text :)

Why do you even need text... I doubt you can find a good text alone that will fit with it. Maybe if you incorporated alot of linework, but this piece is too small for that I think. Adjust your levels and drop the contrast. Maybe put a fat border around it and name it there... name could use some work too by the way, kinda long and corny. Coming along, coming along. :)

Why do you even need text... I doubt you can find a good text alone that will fit with it. Maybe if you incorporated alot of linework, but this piece is too small for that I think. Adjust your levels and drop the contrast. Maybe put a fat border around it and name it there... name could use some work too by the way, kinda long and corny. Coming along, coming along. :)

Finaly some tips :P I might actully make it a little more "squat" if i can't think of anything else, because its getting hard to fill the space like this. The big boarder is a good idea as well :D And droping the contrast i will do :)

EDIT: the name i have to have on there because it's the title of the sermon lol :D

Sinners4.jpg

V4 :) Added the bigger boarder, desaturated a lot :P Added some other stuff. (yes i mirroed a little, but it made such a freaking awsome pool of lava i had to a little :P) :)