the best things in life are free

fanheader

"The best things in life are free"

do you belive in that?

gah! like what.I can't think of anything free thats overly exciting or fun.

SKating you caould say is free but skating parts/boards etc costs a ton.

Love, you gotta take the people out and buy them presents etc etc.

what do you guys think?

::'

fanheaderunderbannerhe1.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything in life costs time... So nothing can be truly free. (You could of used that time to earn money).

I personally find going fishing to be rather fun and rewarding. Once the basic equipment is brought it can be a rather cheap activity. (Unless you turn into a gear freak like me and buy heaps of expensive tackle). Anything outdoors I find quite enjoyable, tramping, mountain biking, swimming, snorkeling... But all require a initial investment for the equipment and probably transport costs.

soccer, or football as 'others' call it is free. =p

It is? Last time I checked, to play it you had to buy a football (amongst other things) and to watch it, it is far from free.

sig2ho7.jpg

a laugh is free...i could tell you other things that are free (but i dont know how old are you :P, even though some people pay for it :x )

But yeah feelings are mostly free its up to you to chose the "good" ones :D

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

soccer, or football as 'others' call it is free. =p

It is? Last time I checked, to play it you had to buy a football (amongst other things) and to watch it, it is far from free.

soccer (or football) is a game played for enjoyment, it can not be comparable to money.

Soccer can be defined as:

A ball game played between two teams of eleven players, each attempting to win by scoring more goals than their opponent. Football is played predominantly with the feet, but players may use any part of their body except their hands and arms to propel the ball; the exceptions to this are the goalkeepers, who are the only players allowed to handle the ball in the field of play.

Therefore, when you say you need money to buy a ball, this is not correct, as people in poorer countries may 'make' their own balls out of cloth, etc., and does this require money? No.

You also stated that you need money to watch the game, but you don't have to, go to a local field and you will see people playing.

Soccer isn't always judged in a professional way, as you have just attempted to prove. please, before you go trying to rebut someone's idea, think.

thank you.

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

The best and most important things - relationships - are in theory free but in practice very expensive.

There. The answer to the 'true love or money thread'.

I hope all those lost souls that voted money someday realise this.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Therefore, when you say you need money to buy a ball, this is not correct, as people in poorer countries may 'make' their own balls out of cloth, etc., and does this require money? No.

Yes people in the poorest of the poor areas might make their own ball, but when was the last time you made one or even saw someone using a home made ball?

I'm willing to bet that any time you have played football you either used a ball that you or someone else bought and therfore not free.

But thanks for the defintion of the beautiful game there, I had no idea of what it was before you told me.......

By your arguments almost anything that we can do these days can be free in a way, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

sig2ho7.jpg

It depends what you think the best thing in the world is. True love is free. A Runescape membership is not. Personally, I think that the best things in the world are relationships, now how does that cost anything?

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

But thanks for the defintion of the beautiful game there, I had no idea of what it was before you told me.......

Yeah, you Scots are only good in throwing rocks and poles. Go back to the highlands and stay off the field mate.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I disagree. Sunsets, mountains, etc. Yeah, there free but they don't even come close to what I consider "the best things." All my basic needs cost money except oxygen, and some people even have to pay for that. I agree with the first law of physics: "Everything that's fun costs at least 8 dollars."

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.