For a lack of a better name..... Superlevels

Athyron

Now this is probably a generic idea but i dont know if its been posted before.

If you are a level 126 (which nobody is immune to #-o ) Then you would only hop on rs cuz u wanna see the updates or you heard that theres a new skill. It can be extremely boring so thats why im suggesting (ugh bad name) Superlevels.

Why stop at lvl 99 if Jagex wants your money eh? You should be able to go on and get level 110 120 or even 130.

It would give u something to work toward at any rate... Then you could have ultra hard bosses for quests and maybe even a new set of armor. Its got like 500+ def and you could take some major damage.

So what do ya think?

runscapecv2.png

The rune merching business is dead. R.I.P

what the heck are u talking about? Very few players have 126 cbt, and only 4 with maxed out. THis just would be stupid i think. It'd give them an unfair advantage over us. Now i'm all for an 80 def armor or 80 attack weapons...but this is ridiculous

Very few players have 126 cbt, and only 4 with maxed out.

Hmm i wonder who that could be (lol)

Dont forget champion scrolls, Zezima hasn't even done all of them yet.

AND the Champion-of-Champions is yet to be released.

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

I think Jagex has said that the maximum level is 99 because of some limitation in Java. They said that if they were to switch to a 3-digit level system it would require them to erase everyone's stats. I don't think very many people would like that.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

I really don't like the idea. Because all of the high level monsters would the level appear green instead of green because you can get 300 combat if there was too large limit.

Imaging this:

Attack King Black Dragon (Level-276) / 2 more options

Now wouldn't that make it too easy?

It shouldn't even go a little more, because that would make the game too easy.

No need for cooking gauntlets to cook sharks

And people could smith dragon

Just because of large limit.

I really don't like the idea. Because all of the high level monsters would the level appear green instead of green because you can get 300 combat if there was too large limit.

first off its green to red, but im sure you noticed that already.

second, as someone said above, there is a jaava limitation.

Third, if there wasnt im sure this would cause major problems. For example, read blaziken's post above ( although smithing dragon? maybe not, just to maybe be able to use less bars to smith certin things). S/he has some well thought out consquences.

Why dont we give zezima an assult rifle and a sack of grenades? Your making people too powerful with levels like this the wild would be a 1 hit KO paradise it would be pointless. Your hunting blue drags and some lvl 200 comes and just kills all of them in 1 hit? Cmon these are players not Gods dont make them anystronger. :shame:

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

Ok seeing all your posts i admit its not a very good idea after all. You got your point across. If you've been playing the game till lvl 126 you already have incredible endurance and its time to lay runescape to rest.

Whether you deside to keep playing or try to become #5 to max out is your decision

runscapecv2.png

Imaging this:

Attack King Black Dragon (Level-276) / 2 more options

Now wouldn't that make it too easy?

It shouldn't even go a little more, because that would make the game too easy.

No need for cooking gauntlets to cook sharks

And people could smith dragon

Just because of large limit.

Do you have any idea how rediculously long it would take to get level 276+? :shock: Level 120 is 104m xp. And level 126 is 188m xp. It wouldn't be too unfair, because it would take even the most no-life players ages (literally...) to attain the mega levels.

Although it would kinda make pures overpowered... i would hate to encounter a level 120 range guy in wild with pure stats. Not to mention range pot wold give 18 extra levels on top of that. And there is the new prayers, too... kind of scary to think about.

I think Jagex has said that the maximum level is 99 because of some limitation in Java. They said that if they were to switch to a 3-digit level system it would require them to erase everyone's stats. I don't think very many people would like that.

Not true, I have seen a screenie on these forums of someone asking Mod Mark whether it was possible to increase thee 99 Cap on stats. He said something along the lines of "Not saying it will happen, but yes, technically the cap would be simple enough to raise"

Secondly, the poster is not trying to abolish the cap all together, rather trying to increase it, to allow people the freedom to diversify their skills even more. Keeping the cap at level 120 for all stats would mean the highest combat you could get to would be around 180-200, which would still take years and years to achieve, while not being too overpowered (So no-one would be 1 hitting the KQ or Blue Dragons)

Also the wildy ouldn't be any more dangerous tha it is now, due to the same restrictions on who you could attack, but also the fact that everyone 'could' continue to increase their levels to a superhigh level. It would be much the same as a lvl 100 meeting a level 126 in deep, only both parties would have gone up a few levels. Ultimatly though if someone is willing to put in all of that time into making a super high leveled character then they deserve all of the advantage they get, otherwise it would be like a level 50 going deep and getting killed by a level 100, then complaining about he advantage that the level 100 had...

One problem I do see is the fact that all of these super high levels would be able to slay powerful monsters like the KBD/KQ much too easily. Perhaps raise the monsters level. This would make it almost impossible for those who currently do it at lvl 100ish, which in comparison, would be like a level 70 trying to kill the KQ as it is now. It would cause problems for a while, but soon everyone would realise that if they wanted tp stay competitive, they needed to continue to keep on raising their combat...

Most of you need to actually put some thought into your posts, rather than complaining about things which could quite easily be fixed. This idea would increase the levels which we consider high (eg level 100 would be the equivilent of todays level 80 etc)

~Xc3~

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

Thanks for the support guys. Actually I hadnt thought that yes, you do have to go to a certain level in the wildy in order to be attacked. Heck, if .you gotta complain about it you could just bring a teleport or not go altogether!

If the level cap could truly be raised more then i suppose it should Gaining 100 mill for a level will prevent even the hardiest of insomniacs from getting to a huge level.

All it would take is some moster tweaks or NEW monsters and you can keep playing until you smash your computer in disgust (if that's what you're into)

runscapecv2.png