The Return [Digital Painting]

Guest FireFreek

Guest FireFreek

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10659743/

A boat, returning from a great battle at sea.

[Full view please]

My third digital painting but I used quite a popular painting as a ref pic, can't find the website I got it from at the moment but people who have seen it will know what i'm talking about. This was basically practise. I wanted to improve my water painting skills. Also recreating objects like the boat you see.

I think it turned out well.

Photoshop: 5 hours on the water, 20 minutes on the sky, an hour 20 minutes on the boat and then about 2 hours changing colour and brightness and tweaking stuff.

Total number of crashes: 0

All comments and +favs are appreciated.

If you liked this, check out my other paintings: Down Rush and Bispham Shores

Thanks

TheReturn.jpg

Comments please :-)

Guest FireFreek

All photoshop. :-)

Round hard and fuzzy brushes, sharpen and blur filters, smudge tool and some others I can't remember but were not important, the cone stamp tool I think.

wow...that is amazing. I think that the waves are a bit unrealistic though. The ones that fade into the sky are too big...they should be miles away from the viewer and thus very small.

The ship is like a real thing, but the sort of flatness of the waves throws me off abit. (the waves are still far, FAR beyond anything I could do).

very pretty.

Guest FireFreek

A little of both. I got the ref image and got a 1px brush and copied the outline of the waves and then started as I would with any painting, using my outline I made later in the painting when I was adding the details to the colour I had already done.

sbs.jpg

A little of both. I got the ref image and got a 1px brush and copied the outline of the waves and then started as I would with any painting, using my outline I made later in the painting when I was adding the details to the colour I had already done.

sbs.jpg

Alright. I dunno how much it means anymore to anyone, but after that, you've got every bit of my respect and admiration. Keep painting, and keep real digital paintings alive. :)

~witty

nice :shock: i really want to get some version of ps, but my parents think its too much for a "picture coloring thing." :roll:

lol :lol: i'm gunna quote that :P

btw, now i know how you do it lol, very nice :D (you use a wacom tablet?)

in the lower right hand corner there is a signature of the artist. and it definately doesn't say firefreek. looks like it says Mindy.

1. Firefreek wouldnt' rip, he doesn't need 2

2. Usually when someone spends a lot of time on real art they would use their real name, not their online name

3. Looks like Michael to me

2. Usually when someone spends a lot of time on real art they would use their real name, not their online name

every1 can rip, not to hard.

zoom in 500%. doesn't look anything like michael. and is definately not more than 6 letters.

m

then an undotted i, or possibly an o

appears to be an N

then obviously a D

and from the couple lines, looks like a Y

every1 can rip, not to hard.

zoom in 500%. doesn't look anything like michael. and is definately not more than 6 letters.

m

then an undotted i, or possibly an o

appears to be an N

then obviously a D

and from the couple lines, looks like a Y

Who the hell cares what his name is? Get over it! Just because some goddamn unartisitical [wagon] like you need to rip doesn't mean everyone else does. Did you even take a minute to browse his gallery? Everything there is excellent. So why can't you believe that he made this?

400X.png

their is no way u can tell what that says,

the last letter or whatever just looks like a line.. and not a y..

lol looks like msnod/

or mindy i guess

well whatever, not like thiers much here to impress.. wouldnt care if he copied a pic or 2 and edited it a bit

wow...that is amazing. I think that the waves are a bit unrealistic though. The ones that fade into the sky are too big...they should be miles away from the viewer and thus very small.

The ship is like a real thing, but the sort of flatness of the waves throws me off abit. (the waves are still far, FAR beyond anything I could do).

very pretty.

i disagree the angle looks fine.

nice work by the way, fooking awesome digi painting :) great work on the water aswell.

M.Sheedy? Thats FF's name.. or something. Anyways I recognise the Sheedy atleast. Speculators can bite myass.. nice and hard too.

Nice to see you on here (it's crate..not sure if we talked much).