mage question plz read

RSBDavid

what spell are u going to use?

hmm i wonder :-k with 100k minds and an air staff uh air stike!!

Jees.. From Level 1 Magic to 70 on Air Strike?! You must be mad, take a look at the tip.it calculator.. http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=magic_calc.htm

...And you'll see that to get to Level 70 you'd need to do 98k Air Strikes all hitting the maximum, while if you used Fire Strike from Level 13 it'd take only about 13k Fire Strikes..

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

As having just gotten 80 mage (and feeling rather special about it rofl), heres my advice:

Mind runes are great, until about 40-60 mage. Usually about 50 mage, but somtimes sooner if you have the money or want to do something faster

After that i'd recommend choas runes, if possible with choas gauntlet, and high alchemy. Choas runes again blue dragons is what i did until about 60-65 as the drops offset the price. High alchemy is good if you fletch them, or make nats to offset cost.

Its best usually to set goals in steps. 40, 50, 60, 70, not all at once. you might get discouraged that way. The best way to level mage, and possibily most fun, is making your own runes. That way its affordable to use death, blood, and fun things. And alchemy too.

Ohh...And if you make your own runes mage training areana is great too.

what spell are u going to use?

hmm i wonder :-k with 100k minds and an air staff uh air stike!!

Jees.. From Level 1 Magic to 70 on Air Strike?! You must be mad, take a look at the tip.it calculator.. http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=magic_calc.htm

...And you'll see that to get to Level 70 you'd need to do 98k Air Strikes all hitting the maximum, while if you used Fire Strike from Level 13 it'd take only about 13k Fire Strikes..

He's probablly going the cheapest route, and buying 13k fire runes would only cost him more money.

His mage lvl is 60

That's his main account, he's talking about a new pker with 1 magic. Read the posts above you for once...

icecube7.jpeg

The base XP and hit xp of air strike are miserable - so I thought. but:

Air = 5.5, max hit 2 (1 mind + air staff)

Earth = 9.5, max hit 6 (1 mind, 1 air + earth staff)

Actually not a lot in it for rune usage, though if you make your own, the shorter route to air means earth strike wins hands down.

The xp rate over time, would tend to be better for a better spell, of the lower spells, I'm an exclusive fire strike user, even though it needs 2 airs.