Is this against the rules of rs?

sprocketme2

So basically you run the client from a different webpage? I do think they object to that very much. The only places the client can be accessed are the official website and Miniclip. I think that the ability to host the client is something of a right that JaGEx sells (I believe Miniclip Pays Jagex for the client, but I'm not positive), and in essence you might be stealing that right. Truth be told, just doing that is kinda pointless...just switch between windows if you must be on a website and the game at the same time.
I think it's the other way round. Runescape amke millions extra because of miniclip, it makes more sense for them to pay miniclip to host it.

Actually it doesn't, Miniclip make tonnes from advertising and that advertising is seen mainly by RS players accesing RS through Miniclip. Plus Jagex's money comes mainly through members and advertising on the RS site, not Miniclip. :boohoo:

sodbbannercn2.png

onlyrs4vj8.gif

Pwned.

Exactly. If the site itself tells you to only enter your password on rs, then it IS illegal to host the game on another server.

Did it say anything about creating a server? No.

Exactly! As far as I can see, what he is doing perfectly legal:

1) no one else uses the site

2) it's not a personal server

3) there is no 3rd party client

4) as it is an iframe, it is still the runescape website and is therefore OK to use your username and password

5) many people use iframes, just with nothing around them, there's no difference in the way the game works..LEGAL

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

I am a webmaster and have me own runescape fan site. I have the ability to play runescape on a page on my site, but is that allowed by jagex? The only reson for doing this is for easy access to world 60 and so i can have links and pics right there as i play.

Oh and this does not change the game itself at all. Just the area around the playing area.

I Think its perfectly legal because ive seen others with this sort of thing but i just want to make sure.

As long as it's just for personal use, the only things Jagex would possibly object to would be removal of adverts while playing F2P. Other than that I'd say it's fine.

Its totally illegal, any way u can think to play runescape whithout using the official site/client = ILLEGAL :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Miniclip?

I don't know, I wouldn't worry too much about it, but i'd send a query to Jagex just to make sure.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

onlyrs4vj8.gif

Pwned.

but an iframe html coding could actually be the runescape website, kind of like watching your neighbors TV in their living room with binoculars.

Its totally illegal, any way u can think to play runescape whithout using the official site/client = ILLEGAL :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

do you guys not understand that it is the official website? i will try to explain it in a simple manor

i take a carbboard box cut a whole in it, put my tv inside the whole, well now it looks like theirs more then what their is, and on the sides of the cardboard box i could have calculator glued to it, it doesnt mean that it is illegal to the tv company...

onlyrs4vj8.gif

Pwned.

I have the rs client downloaded to my comp so i just simply click the rs icon on the desktop and play i don't use IE firefox aol or anything like that to play rs

that is an internet explorer client...press CTRL N and it will open internet explor OR your default web browser.

i could actually write a program in visual basic to open up the runescape website and play the game legal thru this program i (keyword here) *COULD* make the thing is, i actually could and would use the URL of Runescape.com to use it their for it still is the website.

heres the thing, jagex may consider it as against the rules, but since you use it your self and only you use it and you should have kept it a seceret, how would they ever prove you use it? exactly, they cant. especially if its an iframe.

its illegal, cuz you dont have runescape adds... and that does jagex cost 1cent / add...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

*third party client that starts with a S* doenst block adverts. it is legal.

but linking to rs from your site.. i dont think it is legal, nor safe.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think it is just fine.

That what other websites doing:

mofunzone.com:

http://gamefilez.mofunzone.com/gamefile ... cape.shtml

miniclip.com:

http://www.miniclip.com/games/runescape/en/

It is just a page with iframe that load the page from runescape.com

they don't host the game just link to it.

I don't see the problem as long you just put pure link to runescape.com and don't change the html from it (like remove ads from f2p).

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.