Playing Guitar For The Ladies

Guest XplsvBam

Guest XplsvBam

What is a good song to get a girl all (*awwww* :3>) like?

I've been practicing brown eyed girl but the only *awww* moment is when the g major switches to e minor. I'll still practice and play it for my girl but I was wondering if there is anything 'better'.

Daughters by John Mayer. Easy and it works.
aight thanks alot. is it true "your body is a wonderland" was written about a guy?

God I hope not, I've listened too that song on the C.D. countless times...

To think I was hearing about someone writing about a guy... Just... Uhhhhh :oops:

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

Depending on how old you are; high school girls (juniors and below) might appreciate Dashboard's acoustic stuff. If you're in your senior year or above, I'd stay away from it though.

City and Colour is good too. A tad more advanced, so if you're super new at guitar I wouldn't suggest trying it just yet.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Chicks dig Eruption \'

Nah seriously, try some James Blunt stuff, You're Beautiful is easy, or Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley put several of my friends-who-are-girls in tears but it might just have been my singing. :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Chicks dig Eruption \'

Nah seriously, try some James Blunt stuff, You're Beautiful is easy, or Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley put several of my friends-who-are-girls in tears but it might just have been my singing. :P

...except that James Blunt writes the most annoying songs ever.

:P

summerpngwy6.jpg

What is a good song to get a girl all (*awwww* :3>) like?

I've been practicing brown eyed girl but the only *awww* moment is when the g major switches to e minor. I'll still practice and play it for my girl but I was wondering if there is anything 'better'.

Yeees, I know that song, I should play that again after a long time.

Good luck with it :wink: I think your girl will easily be impressed by what you play, just because you play it for her.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Chicks dig Eruption \'

True, but the chords are nice, and if sung with sincerity i'm sure the girls will forget who originally sang it. Just make sure you don't sing falcetto :P

Greenday - Time of your life. I think it has another name though. Chicks will love you for it if you can sing it aswell. =D>

Good Riddance

and i must also say that its better to just play with emotion..not with words :P

moose67.png

Chicks dig Eruption \'

True, but the chords are nice, and if sung with sincerity i'm sure the girls will forget who originally sang it. Just make sure you don't sing falcetto :P

Most guys won't be able to reach those notes without falsetto, Blunt included, which is why I don't like that song.

summerpngwy6.jpg

To impress a girl I would personally play Yngwie Malmsteem,but thats pretty hard.Erm, try love stuff, try playing some Incubus, its easy stuff.Personally I never play guitar to impress girls, talking about RUneScape in front of them might blow your chances though.

dragonmvoidk,gordo%20da%20sly.gif

I know exactly what you mean, its just ruining the whole game for everybody, this is the worst update since noobs.

LOL talking about rs....i suggest wake me up when september ends, kinda despressing but awsome too.

I would sooner shoot myself in the head than play any American Idiot. Up to and including Dookie, perhaps. But most definently not American Idiot.

On topic, I would play something like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers'

"Freefalling," unless of course your girl is not crazy about Elvis, Jesus-worshipping and American loving. Ah, screw that. She'd be like "Who the hell are you talking about?"

Or, better yet, any number of compromising power ballads, like Def Leppard's "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad." Tab is here. I can play the intro, but I suck bad at doing chords since I don't actually play guitar. It's not excessively difficult though.

If you absolutely had to choose an incredible and impressively-difficult song, then I'd choose a Boston song, like "A Man I'll Never Be." Judging by the solos it's pretty hard, but I haven't tried it, and the piano intro would be a point of concern, but you could probably come up with something to replace it. In fact, looking at the tab, playing it would be quite a feat.

If I was you I would play whatever you think is romantic and nice sounding.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Wait, I'm assuming you meant acoustic guitar right? Because a bunch of the last songs mentioned are definitely not acoustic.

BTTF - a man I'll never be is a sweet sweet song. Boston's incredible.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Wait, I'm assuming you meant acoustic guitar right? Because a bunch of the last songs mentioned are definitely not acoustic.

You can still play nice distorted guitar songs.

That aside, acoustic songs sound pretty pretentious and contrived-artsy sometimes, as though the artist is trying to make a point. Don't get me wrong - there are loads and loads of songs I have that effectively utilize an acoustic, but sometimes it seems that guitarists are like "Unplugged Acoustic! +10 Indie Awesome!"

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Yeah I agree, Boston have written some very tender power ballads, another one is Cantcha Say (You Believe In Me) [still In love]