range help plz!!!! simple quick questions

THEDEEPPKER

Depends on how much you want to spend. I recommend using steel as though they are more expensive to make, they do make a difference if you're training on blue dragons or something like that. If you are looking to power train then you might want to consider iron knives.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Well, you could always try the tip.it ranged guide.

If you are hitting less with bronze than with steel, then you mustn't have been training long enough with either of them, as steel will hit more than bronze. It's just probably bad luck.

In terms of advice (and assuming you are f2p), to obtain the quickest xp you must not pick up your arrows, making sure that you are constantly firing arrows. A good place to do this is on the north side of the Ice mountain (near to where the Oracle is for Dragon slayer). Range the Fortress Guards there.

I would use bronze arrows to train with that method, because they are much cheaper.

GL :)

The big difference with the arrows is - to make up a word - recoverability. The better the arrow, the more you will get back if you take the time to pick them up. I have just gone from 68 to 70 ranged using steel arrows at the Lathas Ogre training site. I was gettting up to 75% of my arrows back. Starting with 4k arrows, if you pick up every one ( I picked up after every 4 ogres so as not to lose any) I got about 11k shots from my 4k arrows. Getting on average 4hp damage from each hit with full red, archer helm, snakeskin boots and glory ammy, thats 44xp per arrow!

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

The big difference with the arrows is - to make up a word - recoverability.

So use mith arrows at fire giants when you get to lvl 60 :)

Too busy, too many wild dogs, too much time to make the arrows.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

I like iron arrows, they're not too expensive and they hit better than bronze.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I always use bronze arrows for my ranged and earn 2-3x more money than how much i spent on all my bronze. Like for example i bought 3k arrows with 18k, and afterwards i got like 50k-90k depnding on whether i range lessers or ice giants

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.