27 September 2006, Skill Tutors

Dalcyte

this new bank in Lumbridge makes the RFD bank POINTLESS. Jagex needs a new development team.

It's not really pointless. It's still a good place to cook, because you can buy essential ingredients there and bank them immediately, preparing food while you wait for the shop to respawn. It's also closer to a range and a water source than the upstairs bank and can be used as a bank for Lumbridge Swamp slayer tasks if you did the Lost Tribe Quest.

Ok, I'll list all tutors nobody's found yet that are from F2P skills:

Woodcutting

RuneCrafting

FireMaking

That's strange why was I finished so quickly?

There's an "article" about it in the KB. Mikasi is a runecrafting tutor. Sedridor can also be counted as a runecrating tutor, I guess. Nemarti is also a fletching tutor, so that's good for new members. There's a woodcutting tutor south of Lumby furnace. There's a bank tutor in Lumby castle. I don't know what there's to teach about banking, but apparently, there's enough to make a tutor for it.

Good point maybe I should re-read it. The newcommer map doesn't seem specific enough.

Swamp shortcut removed???

Insanity! How're gonna get our slayer tasks, those without lunar!

Sorry, I should have been clearer the railing panel has been completely removed, so that anyone can get through.

That has got to be a bug! Leaving it open makes the swamps much too easy to get into.

I don't like that they removed the shortcut completly and opened the spot up. People train agility for a reason, now they're making things peope usually have to work for, free, for the new players? Helping is fine, but that's simply overkill.

I don't mind helping a newbie once and a while, but Jagex, I feel this was complete overkill.... If all their first NPCs give out free stuff, what do you think they'll assume of players? Sure, not all of them will beg, but certainly it must increase the odds of spawning a dreaded begger.

The Lumbridge bank also angers me. I worked hard to do Recipe for Disaster, and I get undermined by Jagex, who is helping new players stay in Lumbridge and never get out and explore RS, in my opinion.

And the new interface... Well.... I think it looks like something for young schoolchildren, maybe 1st or 2nd grade. It looks cartoony, and I can't ever click the Run button for the life of me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

mellee.jpg

Don't those sword and shield look exactly the same as the silver & blue armor as a reward from castle wars?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.