27 September 2006, Skill Tutors

Dalcyte

This week the Duke of Lumbridge has recruited a number of tutors to help our new players, both F2P and members. Adventurers fresh from Tutorial Island can often find themselves a bit lost in Lumbridge, so he decided to offer a bit of a helping hand.

The tutors (marked with a "?" icon on your minimap) are mostly based in Lumbridge, with just one residing in Varrock. As well as offering free advice on skills at any level, they also give you basic equipment should you lose it and even some training weapons and basic supplies.

Other additions include:

A Lumbridge bank, found at the top of Lumbridge Castle.

A revamp of the way signposts work.

A glassblower on Entrana.

An improved Newcomer map - to offer more information on where you are in the world.

Available from certain General Stores.

Useful reminders on what to do if you should happen to die while young.

A free teleport to help the lost adventurer who has no clue where they are.

Please note ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ this teleport cannot be used to evade combat.

Along with the new guides you'll find the swamps south of Lumbridge have received a bit of landscaping with more rocks being exposed for mining, new fishing spots in the river and Father Uhrney moving his hut even further away from the hustle and bustle of city life. With all this recent tectonic movement going on, a small island has appeared in the middle of the River Lum enabling those crossbow-equipped adventurers to cross to Al Kharid and back.

more information can be found on a knowladge base article. Discuss what u think of this. THis will surely stop some begging and such in lumby and "TAKE ME TO BANK" because of the bank on top. Wc axes look better now also and there's a tutor for every skill, some will give you "PHR33 ST00F PL0X"

nice updates and nice pics. Dont like the new bank in lumby though for 2 reasons;

1)New players no longer have to visit varrock to bank (they now only get to see varrock if they want to not because its got a bank)

2)Now free to play have a bank in lumby, it makes the one in the basement unneeded and it now feels lonely.

All the rest of the updates look ok, but I'll find out when i get playing tonite.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Swamp shortcut removed???

Insanity! How're gonna get our slayer tasks, those without lunar!

Sorry, I should have been clearer the railing panel has been completely removed, so that anyone can get through.

Ajc100.png

nice updates and nice pics. Dont like the new bank in lumby though for 2 reasons;

1)New players no longer have to visit varrock to bank (they now only get to see varrock if they want to not because its got a bank)

2)Now free to play have a bank in lumby, it makes the one in the basement unneeded and it now feels lonely.

All the rest of the updates look ok, but I'll find out when i get playing tonite.

Bank in cellar is easier to get too.

Sorry, I should have been clearer the railing panel has been completely removed, so that anyone can get through.

oh, thats a relief ;)

Combined with bank in Lumbridge... byebye relatively quiet mining spot :(

oh, thats a relief ;)

Combined with bank in Lumbridge... byebye relatively quiet mining spot :(

I also thougth that first, but check the map, the whole spot has moved to the far SW of the swamp. So banking in lumbridge is still useless, as Draynor is closer. And a little bit closer then before the update.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

What on the blazes is going on about Varrock Bank? Some people in Lumbridge perfer Draynor for the other bank.

The tutours are nice though, and the good thing is they are a lot better than the Lumbridge Guide, because they explain to experienced players as well. I remember the one on the prayer altar explaining about the place where you get 4x prayer bonus. 8-)

... Wow, this is ust great. [/sarcasm]

First, the low levels complain about not being able to participate in updates, now the high levels are complaining. Low levels just need to work for things. Jagex is starting to pamper them, this new bank in Lumbridge makes the RFD bank POINTLESS. Jagex needs a new development team.

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

Buy yourself a newcomers map! :P (not kidding you)

I want to ask you a question.

Why would combat 100+ adventurers like me do with newcomer maps?

It has the locations of tutors... basically all are located in Lumbridge anyways. The master smither is in Varrock I believe.

I bought one.. you got too much pride to buy one? :XD:

icecube7.jpeg

Where in Zamorak's name is the thieving tutor?

I'll make a list since nobody else will

Crafting - Lumbridge

Combat - Lumbridge

Smithing - Varrock

Prayer - Lumbridge

Mining - Lumbridge Swamp

Fishing - Lumbridge Swamp

Cooking - Lumbridge

'fake' Smithing - Lumbridge

Security (AKA Lumbridge Guide) - Lumbridge

Now what else could you guys find? And where the hell is the thieving tutor

Ok, I'll list all tutors nobody's found yet that are from F2P skills:

Woodcutting

RuneCrafting

FireMaking

That's strange why was I finished so quickly?

There's an "article" about it in the KB. Mikasi is a runecrafting tutor. Sedridor can also be counted as a runecrating tutor, I guess. Nemarti is also a fletching tutor, so that's good for new members. There's a woodcutting tutor south of Lumby furnace. There's a bank tutor in Lumby castle. I don't know what there's to teach about banking, but apparently, there's enough to make a tutor for it.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.