Fletching guide - up to 85!

ewan

Welcome to my guide, in this guide I will tell you the best way of getting up to 85 fletching using logs , if you look up my account and see that I don't have 85 fletching but wonder how I know , it is because I have had an other account with 85!

I have missed out maples as some of you may have noticed as I am writing the fastest cost efficent way to making magic long bows.

Section 1. The tools needed

section 2. Fletching up to oak

section 3. Fletching up to willow

section 4. Fletching up to yew

section 5. Fletching up to magics

section 6. Making cash after 85 fletching

The tools needed

Quite simple really , the tools you are going to need is a woodcutting axe and a knife!

Fletching up to oak

So you've just started fletching and want to work from regular logs up to oak!

For this part I recomend you you bring an axe as regular logs are not easily buyable.

Head north of catherby and find the evergreens for the fastest xp.

To start of cut yourself a load of regular logs and make arrow shafts , at level 5 you will recieve the temptation of short bows but DON'T , they offer the same xp as arrow shafts but with the fact you have to bank.

Continue doing arrow shafts up to level 10, once you get this far you've unlocked the ability to make regular long bows , these offer double the xp from arrow shafts and it is best that you make them up until level 20.

Congratulations you can now fletch oak short bows!

Fletching up to willows

Now you are wanting to work up to willows , this will take a while to get up to , but again I recomend you cut your own logs.

The two best placesare behind the lumbridge general store and infront of seers bank.

Simply work on cutting these and fletching them , bank or sell them and repeat, it may take quite a while to get up to 25.

Once you get to 25 start cutting the oak long bows until level 35.

Once this is done congratulations! You're starting to increase your fletching and have taken the time to reach this level , I congratulate you!

Fletching up to yew

Now it's time to put away your axe and go to F2P worlds , buy enough logs firstly to get up to 40 fletching. To work this out use the tip.it calculator.

Once you've got enough for 40 fletching head to castle wars or the chest under lumbridge , these are bestas you simply click on it to access your bank.

After you've got 40 either drop or sell the willow short bows (u) , this is your choice.

Then again use the tip.it calculator to work out how many more logs you will need and again go and buy them from the F2P shops!

This part will be tedious but you'll need to fletch about 18k willow long bow (u)! If you have it in you to do this I very much congratulate you!

I recomend that however you buy enough for 70 fletching as making yew short bows will lose you alot of your earning and cash.

Sell these logs to the general store as you will receive over 200k back.

Fletching up to magics

Hopefully by now you will have skipper making yew short bows and bestraight onto Yew longs.

I recomend here that you buy yew logs and bowstrings, fletch them string them and sell them on. This part will be your biggest obstacle but will be well worth it.

After you've made your yew long bows sell them for a whopping 550 each making a grand profit, considering that 1k bowstrings is around 150k-180k and 1k yew logs are 200k-230k

Congratulations! You have reached 85 fletching! You can now make magic long bows!

Making cash after 85 fletching

85 fletching can be used for making magic long bows, but this is only good if you have the ability to cut them , make bowstrings and high alch them , which can take time.

So if you are wanting to keep making cash I recomend that you continue making yew longs up until the truely mighty 99 fletching.

If you get good at fletching you can make 1k bows in an hour! Making about 150k-200k per hour.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope it helps.

Feedback on my guide appreciated!

I AM SURELY GOING TO WIN THE AWARD OF THE MOST LOVED TIP.IT'ER EVER, SURELY?

im level 92 fletch atm, i wuld suggest sticking with yew longs at 85 still, because yew logs are easier to buy in large amounts.

im bored of fletching now. its getting harder to buy strings now, since everyone has found better ways for cash.

anyway, good guide.

barness.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i have read this guide a few months ago and started it and got to 63 fletching very quickly! I took a few months off rs and now im back, i have gotten to 66 in a matter of only 2 hours tonight. very nice guide!

Rs Name- 0 oo 00 o 0

I'm going to cut and paste what i posted on another fletch guide, saves time + effort.

There is absolutely no market for longs (u) of any kind, and they will never shift, so always complete your bows. I suggest you work in 5k increments, because bigger than this you get bored very quickly, and the investments you make will be large (the market can turn on a drop of a hat, and you can loose money through a dip in the market). Always keep a decent video on in another window while flecthing (legal of course, what do you take me for, a criminal? *cough cough*), and resise the screen. I find that this is essential to ensure you don't just give up, because no matter how strong willed you think you are, if you sit in silence for hours at a time you WILL consider giving up on the final stretch (90-99).

While stringing, work in pairs of 13, not 14, leave the last bow and string next to each other at the bottom of your inventory so they will not move , and click between the two. Other than the first click on the bow, always DOUBLE click (one to use the other item with it, and one to select it), as this easily doubles your output. When stringing, turn the sound OFF. I know this sounds strange, but you will find yourself subconciously slowing to the rythm of the stringing sounds, but these only sound every second or so, and you can go a LOT faster than that.

99 Fletch, look me up, my main is Analysethis, Tip it username was taken

My RSN is Analysethis, a 'wonderful person' registered it on tip it!

analysethis.png

analysethis.png

analysethis.png

~ Gay and proud, in protest of rule 1.8 ~

What was the point of making this? it's like 10x less than one that is already in this forum. It has no new information, I think it's pretty pointless.

The one I'm talking about is found at "Guide to Everything Fletching". Until there is at least one scrap of information found in this guide that is not on that guide, I think that there is no reason for this guide.

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

• 1 month later...

i completely disagree with analyse... there is a market for (u) willows... im only 61 fletching, but ive been making willow longs(U) since i was able to because they are the fastest exp and you can make money off of them. People in seers bank buy willow longs(u) for 40gp(+/- depending on amount) and willow logs sell in f2p for 25gp each in bulk. i make 15gp off each bow i make where stringing them i would lose 150gp per bow, there is no market for strung willows... the bs cost more than the bow will sell for.

1000 willow logs= 25,000

1000 willow longs(u) sell 40,000

i make in 5k sets, so i make 75,000 per 5k willow(u) i make...

just my opinion, analysethis is 99 fletch and im only 61, but i find i make money off of the willow longs(u) where he says there is no market...

thx,

dwarve

i completely disagree with...

...i make in 5k sets, so i make 75,000 per 5k willow(u) i make...

just my opinion, analysethis is 99 fletch and im only 61, but i find i make money off of the willow longs(u) where he says there is no market...

thx,

dwarve

^^Agreed, I had someone trading me willow longs for the willow long (u)s that I fletched so basically I could go on and on without losing ANY money! ::'

As for the guide- it is well explained and clearly put together. The information is pretty much all correct.

Good job! :thumbsup:

im only 72 fletching but listen to him and skip yew shorts

one time i high alched em strung and made 480k...1k yew longs (s) alched is 768k so do that or sell em or ignore my post completely :-#

good guide :thumbsup: , need pics :wall:

edit: if ur low on cash, do wut i do and buy flax and spin

tifsbti6oi.gif