"Jesus Camp"

Vashinred

Jesus camp is a documenarty which explores a frighting concept, Christ USA. From the previews I can tell large amounts of Brainwahsing, Bush Worshiping, and the Minister wanting poeple to get as extreame in worshiping the "lord" as terrorists.

Another really messed up thing is a 9 (or at least younger then 12) year old girl saying she would like to buy a Nail parlor and work there and convert poeple to god as she did there nails while listining to Christen rock. Just no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Camp

And the Trailer; Here

Jesus Camp looks Crazy good.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that on the news. Very sad.

I heard "If Harry potter was alive a few hundred years ago, he would be burnt for witchcraft", that made me chuckle. The rest is sad, teaching kids to die for their religion is not right.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Another really messed up thing is a 9 (or at least younger then 12) year old girl saying she would like to buy a Nail parlor and work there and convert poeple to god as she did there nails while listining to Christen rock. Just no.

Did you ever want to be an astronaut when you were 9? It's exactly the same thing.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

That's as sad as my school having a 'Jesus Club', and we're not even a religious school.

I plan to go to the club, wearing my 'Evolution' shirt. To top it off, I'm going to printout and highlight where it says 'Freedom of Speach and Religion' in the Constitution. So they have no right to yell at me, considering it is not a private event.

I respect people's beliefs, but at a public school, this is too much.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Guest GhostRanger
Takingthe bible to heart turns poeple into exreamists. its just crazy how they dont realize that they are kinda turning into terrorists.

Taking videos like that to be a summation of the general Christian population turns you into an extremist.

That's as sad as my school having a 'Jesus Club', and we're not even a religious school.

I plan to go to the club, wearing my 'Evolution' shirt. To top it off, I'm going to printout and highlight where it says 'Freedom of Speach and Religion' in the Constitution. So they have no right to yell at me, considering it is not a private event.

Why? Are they going out of their way to make your life miserable?

smithie3.jpg

No, but they are advertising it in a public school. Last time I checked, that was a violation of Freedom of Religion. Or, at least I hope. :?

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

No, but they are advertising it in a public school. Last time I checked, that was a violation of Freedom of Religion. Or, at least I hope. :?

Advertising = freedom of speech? Im lost as to how you see what theyre doing as wrong, just because you may not agree with it?

Guest GhostRanger

Have you read the Constitution because it doesn't say 'Freedom of Speech and Religion' so you might have a hard time finding that. After you finish reading the Constitution, I recommend you read the Supreme Court's ruling on the case Good News Club v. Milford Central School. You'd be surprised to know how little you actually know about our country and our rights.

It's probably in the same vein of

"Regarding the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment, the courts have consistently ruled that students' expressions of religious views through prayer or otherwise cannot be abridged unless they can be shown to cause substantial disruption in the school."

smithie3.jpg

Takingthe bible to heart turns poeple into exreamists. its just crazy how they dont realize that they are kinda turning into terrorists.

Taking videos like that to be a summation of the general Christian population turns you into an extremist.

Oh yes, since Generalizing the Entire Christian Population is just so Extreame these days. It may not Represent all Christians but I will go with a rising Chunk of them that do Act like the kids in the Movie.

One word...

Bull...

--teaching children to die for anything is downright ludacris.

next thing you know there will be home-bred american terrorists with bombs strapped to their chest running into non-christain churches..

I might watch this just to scare myself, more than any horror movie could.

I think ppl who believe in things which are told in bible and goes to church just feels bad about things they do so they polish up theyre public image...Anwayz...You dont need bible or church or God...U need someone to believe in...If there were no higher power...ppl wants to believe that there is someone ...But if i got to say anything about things written in this post all i can say is that Christians again and again have gone way to far...History shows very well that ppl can do anything hiding behind god..So this is peace of cake that they make this stupid camps and stuff...I think christians are bothering ppl to much by wanting them to believe in this ******

Guest GhostRanger

Oh yes, since Generalizing the Entire Christian Population is just so Extreame these days. It may not Represent all Christians but I will go with a rising Chunk of them that do Act like the kids in the Movie.

You're wrong. Sorry. Not only have I never lived outside of the Bible Belt before, but I also attend one of the largest churches in America, and I grew up as a minister's son. Needless to say, I've been around church people and Christians my whole life and I've lived in the most densley Christian areas you can live in. I've see the most liberal of churches and I live down the street from one of those crazy churches like we're talking about here and I can tell you that the majority of Christians are not psycho-extremists, just like I would posit that the majority of Mulsims aren't hijacking planes and flying them into buildings. The reason it's called "extremism' is because most people aren't doing it. It's extreme. It's more extreme than the norm.

You know very little to talk with such high confidence.

Ghost it just seems that someone of your intelligence would be against Christians, rather than being one. I, for one, don't believe in it because of alot of reasons, one of them being that I really don't believe in any religion. I guess I believe that there is a higher power, but not one that anyone knows anything about. Christianity teaches good morals, I have to give it that. I don't know how to say much more without beginning to bash Christians..

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

Guest GhostRanger

:P Hehe, sounds like me. Well, sometimes I do know what Im talking about...sometimes. 8-)

Not when you talk about highlighting non-existent parts of the Constitution though...

Ghost it just seems that someone of your intelligence would be against Christians, rather than being one. I, for one, don't believe in it because of alot of reasons, one of them being that I really don't believe in any religion. I guess I believe that there is a higher power, but not one that anyone knows anything about. Christianity teaches good morals, I have to give it that. I don't know how to say much more without beginning to bash Christians..

So you are saying that Christians are too dumb to carry an an intelligent discussion?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

You're wrong. Sorry. Not only have I never lived outside of the Bible Belt before, but I also attend one of the largest churches in America, and I grew up as a minister's son. Needless to say, I've been around church people and Christians my whole life and I've lived in the most densley Christian areas you can live in. I've see the most liberal of churches and I live down the street from one of those crazy churches like we're talking about here and I can tell you that the majority of Christians are not psycho-extremists, just like I would posit that the majority of Mulsims aren't hijacking planes and flying them into buildings. The reason it's called "extremism' is because most people aren't doing it. It's extreme. It's more extreme than the norm.

being it my opinuin I should hope I Have High confidence. And a good "Chuck" could be my point right there. since there is such a Churh Just down the Street is there one right down my street? And what "Extreame" Is what the kids go through to Please some Random persen named god for nothing.

So you are saying that Christians are too dumb to carry an an intelligent discussion?

I would go with that, anyone who Puts Religen into what they do or think during a day should just keep to himself or shut his mouth.