rat catcher - stuck in mansion part

wolfsilent

i tried when this first came out - for hours - to get any rats at all in the mansion - managed to get one (that i lost )

months and months later i tried again - for hours again - never could even get past the guards into the rooms.

the guide says "easy" - i dont think so - i only have two quests left to do and i am stuck

help me please

first off: It doesn't matter that you lost the rat!

In the mansion: I assume you made it up to the trellis? That means you are inside. If not: wait till the guard is out of sight, run to the trellis. The rat in the north west corner should not be a problem, you can sneak past the guard quite easily. (only 1 guard) The other rat (south-east) is more of a problem, since you have to make sure BOTH guards don't see you. Be patient, discover the pattern, and once you see it, run for it!

This is a bit luck related, I'm afraid. If you get caught, the pattern changes slightly, but there IS a pattern!

Good luck, this quest is a major pain where the sun doesn't shine. I finished it with only devious minds to finish as last... That means something, because I LOVE quests!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

yes i can get up the trellis

but there is no rat in the northwest cornerr - just in the south west and south east

and i detect no pattern at all.....

how have people actually done this - or is it a deep dark secret that most people have NOT done it -

i wonder how many of us have this as one of the last two or three quests to get the cape....

• 4 months later...

I'm also at that exact spot too.....

ratcatcherud4.th.png

The green dot is the rat I have caught and I'm the white dot with a red ring around it, the yellow dots are the guards inside the mansion.

So can anyone show in a picture where the guards have to be when I make a run for it to the red dot, and where I have to stand when to make the run?

That would be very helpful as I'm really annoyed with this now as I've spent several hours at just this particular spot.

So please, use my image, or any other to show where I should stand and where the guards should be when I make a run for it.

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

Wait until both guards are outside. (the place where you come up fro the trellis). It'll take a while. I think i waited like and hour and a half :evil:

Luckily this is the hardest part of the quest. It's all downhill from there \'

Thanks for the tips everybody!

I've done a more detailed and informative pic of how I tried to move to get to the red dot;

ratcatchermy2ndhideoutpdf7.th.png

When the guard to the left walks southwards around the stairs (shown with a black line in pic) and guard to the right still is by the stairs I do the move to the wall in the first inner room (movement shown by the red line and the 2nd hideout-spot is the white dot at the end of the red line by the wall). This goes well until I have to make a run for the red dot (the mouse is in there). Then the leftside guard sees me when I make a run for the red dot coming into the room with the stairs (even if he's turned his eyes in the other direction, weird I know) or the rightside guard have moved into the first room again and spots me hiding by the wall. So that way doesn't work either way.

So I have to first run and hide in one of the bedrooms (preferably the one to the left in the pic) and then wait until BOTH guards are out on the balcony (or what u call it, the area outside with a table and some chairs) ?

I tried different alternatives from the movement described above for like 2 hours or so but I never saw BOTH guards outside on the balcony, so is that what you ppl say I have to wait for to happen?

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

I managed to get through now after just 5 min of trying and caught the rest of the rats.

So thanks, really, MANY thanks!

So to all others out there that get stuck on this part of the quest and don't know what to do and decides to look at forums for the answers and searches and then finds this thread -

1. Make your way to the bedroom without a rat in it.

2. Wait in that bedroom until BOTH guards are out on the "balcony" at the same time (may take "a while") before you make your run for the none-bedroom room with rats (the room with a stair down, not the room in the middle with 2 big stairs down).

Sir_Nitram99.png

here is what i did. with a lil help from a new friend.

I made it to the trelis. Then once both guards were in the northern middle section I ran into the bedroom on the left side. U have to patiently wait there until both guards are on the patio then run to the room to the north (next to stairs). You will kill the rat(s) there and then go down the ladder to kill the remaining ones on that side of the mansion (two rooms). Once u completely kill the rats on both levels u will have to run to the opposite bedroom without getting caught. You run behind the middle dividing wall and try to get to bedroom without gettin getting detected. Once u get there u just kill the last rat(s) and tele out. That is by far the worst part of the quest (other than tryin to kill 8 rats with a kitten lol). Carry your cat before u run so it wont get stuck behind a wall while following u.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

Try making your move when both guards are on the south side of the stairs. I hated this quest. It's right up there with Sheap Herder in terms of its frustration level. :evil:

Those quests are pure evil.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Those quests are pure evil.

Agree.

I have done this quest, and your not alone it it taking an extremely long time to do. :|

I guess your best bet is luck & patience!

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."