Modern/Ancients/Lunar Magicks

I think that jagex should implement a new staff in the game that allows you to change the types of spell books whenever u want, now i know what ur all thinking "that would make pking unstoppable! teleblock then switch to ancients and OWN!" well no, the staff would have a right click option like this...

Wield Magick Staff

Use Magick Staff

Switch Magick Staff

Drop Magick Staff

Examine Magick Staff

If you click "Switch Magick Staff" then a little window would pop up where your chat is and it would say...

Switch Modern

Switch Ancients

Switch Lunar

Except you wouldnt be able to use it in the wild, and i bet ur still thinking, "barrrage, step out of wild, switch to modern, zammy flame em" or something, but you wouldnt be able to use it 30 seconds after leaving the wild, and the animation would last 20 seconds... and by 50 seconds i think they guy u were attacking would have left :roll:

To obtain this staff you need to have completed Desert Treasure and Lunar Diplomacy and you have to have lvl 30+ attack and 65+ Magic. It would be tradeable and you get it from Mummy/Scarab drops (desert treasure pyramid) or from a Suqah drop (monster on lunar isle)

Note: if you havnt completed the quests listed then you cant wield it if u buy it, and cant get it from a drop

im not going to make a picture (It would STINK! lol) but it would have the ancient magick symbol at the top, with the little ear things on the top of the lunar staff coming out of the sides, and its stats would be the same as a battlestaff, you could also get it enchanted by Thormac into a Mystic Staff for a 50k fee if you've done the Scorpian Catcher quest..

edit: right now i would love it cause i have wolves for slayer and im on ancients :-# walking from burthrope ftl

It would be useful for training and such, but there are always way you could still switch between them. For ex, tb, tangle, and rune away. Wait a while, and switch to ancients. If the delay was longer, it would be just annoying to wait a min or more for it to switch. <.<

bad suggestion... just tele with cammulet and walk... just use your lyre and walk... its not that hard... just dont change every hour...

or for a fee... like changing chaos gauthless for cooking gauthless... but thewn normal for ancient mage out side 1 of the temples...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

bad suggestion... just tele with cammulet and walk... just use your lyre and walk... its not that hard... just dont change every hour...

or for a fee... like changing chaos gauthless for cooking gauthless... but thewn normal for ancient mage out side 1 of the temples...

so.... many... elipses...

Good idea I like it, although I have never actually had any spells other than modern, so I'm not sure how useful it would be. :?

xseismicx5dw8.png

they... always... say... that... but its my way of fast typing...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Yeh I was thinking we need some kind of way to switch easier, I just can't be bothered walking all hte way to somewhere :\

I support your idea.

I have no intentions of using it for pking methods and think the antipking method u thought of is good (I don't mind waiting 22 secs)

you're f2p right? then you wouldn't know how annoying it is, even if you only switch it once a week, to walk all the way to the pyramid and switch magic. generally you switch for a bit of fun, to go pking or whatever for an hour or so then when you log off then back on and try to cammy you think...crap...and have to walk all the way there it's very very annoying

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

bumpify! i didnt think many ppl would like this!

p.s. if anyone could post this on the official forums and give me the quickfind code to put on the top of the thread then i would love that (im banned for some unknown reason, apparently jagex doesnt even know #-o ) (and ofcourse give me credit on the official forums thread :-w :XD: )

i had a similar idea, but make it a book that can be weilded in the sheild spot and to discourage pking, make it like the d chain of mage, at around 15m a pop. also, it should only allow you to use two spellbooks you "charge" it at the charge spots of ur choice

How about it can't be used in wild at all? That's a better idea :) And for Lunar Magics I belive you need 60 Magic 8-)

*cough* 65 *cough*

This would be confusing. 'Magic Staff' is a common name for a few staves. The staff shope in Varrock sells 'Magic Staves.' You can obtain a 'White Magic Staff' from the White Knights.

Also, if Jagex did use this, some people would take advantage of it in the Wilderness. I mean, they could TB (lasts 5 minutes), then they could run off, wait a while, let it let them switch to ancients, then Ice Barrage the person to death.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

you're f2p right? then you wouldn't know how annoying it is, even if you only switch it once a week, to walk all the way to the pyramid and switch magic. generally you switch for a bit of fun, to go pking or whatever for an hour or so then when you log off then back on and try to cammy you think...crap...and have to walk all the way there it's very very annoying

lol So true. I wasn't thinking and brought my Pharoah's Sceptre with me when I went to switch and brought Camelot tele runes. I was like "Oh crap, I have to run to Nardah to get the proper runes for ancient teleports." I teled to the pyramid with the sceptre, that's why I had it with me, so I didn't bring waterskins. So, when I was running, I had to drop the runes I had with me because they keep over the sceptre. Luckily, I made it to Nardah without taking too much damage from heat. But, it was enough for a scare.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.