where will the map end?

Retefael

excellent post, daviduhlich (about new runescape areas)

but, where/when will the runescape map end? if ever? well...personally, i don't think jagex will ever end it. there's always new stuff to add.

but this brings up my second point: how much is too much? will the world of runescape get so big that navigating it will be long and tedious?

thoughts, my fellow runescapers. :-k

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

I think there should be a limit, but for now, none is in sight. In WoW, as my friend has told me, without teles, it could take hours to get from one side of the map to the other. I do hope the map doesn't get quite this big, but I do want some more areas for the time being.

The geography can of course be expanded more or less indefinitely. Just add on a new continent or two. Bring on a moonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ Add another dimension along the lines of the Abyss. No problem: you want it, you add it. Real estate is not an issue.

That's a quote from a few weeks ago in the tip.it times, and i believe it 100%. And I say, as long as you can get wherever you need to go through some kind of teleport or whatever and you dont have to spend too much time getting there, map size is not a real issue.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

i think rs is a globe, and somewhere, it'll connect somewhere

and some of the lands might be portals to different worlds, aka zanirs

Fire cape - 10th attempt - 28/10/06

94 Magic Achieved December 26th 2006|99 Magic Achieved January 20th 2007

illidan+98.png

Jack and Jill went up the hill

Runscape is not round. It is flat. My best friend sailed off the edge and i never saw him again. The world will never end though. Jagax best money maker is members staying for new updates.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

Runscape is not round. It is flat. My best friend sailed off the edge and i never saw him again. The world will never end though. Jagax best money maker is members staying for new updates.

There used to be a nice picture of the planet of runescape on the parent guide on runescape.com, im sure its still there.

It shows whithout any doubt that runescape is round. And that weve seen about the half of it.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Hmm, if the world is flat then you wouldn't be able to do clue scrolls since you need a round world for the sextant to work. LOL

TNGjammin.gif

Hes got ya there.

Dragon_Scyth.png

"Boredom got me playing, Boredom stops me from playing. It's a vicious cycle."

i think in total the land area we have seen is less then the size of my home state Tennessee..

why do i say that? because the relative size to the character to the ground would make the world smaller then our moon...

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

well.... i think jagex may have scaled down the world a teeny bit to make traveling without teleports more practical (i think one could imagine the world being in real-size maybe a big smaller than the european mainland)