A simple guide to profitable melee training.

123Yourgone

Simple guide to making money with melee skills

Step one:

Create a new character (I reccomend this look personally portraitfk4.png \' )

After you have finished tuetorial as soon as you reach lumbridge start killing normal men, fight till you die, respawn and fight some more untill you reach lvl 10, its best to stay pure at this stage so get about 5 attack and put the rest in strength.

After you reach combat lvl 10, walk to the monastery near edgeville, it can be found easily on the runescape map.

Here you will be fighting monks, Train strength and attack to 40 here, any time your low on hp talk to the monk, you will get this menu come up:

monkskh4.png

Select can you please heal me im injured, might take a few times to heal full, then you can kill the monk that healed you.

After you reach 40 attack 40 strength 1 defence here its time to get members and head to thugs.

Thugs are situated in edgeville dungeon, walk south to the ruins below edgeville behind the coffin there is a trap door, walk straight ahead untill you you reach a gate then go though it, walk straight ahead again untill you reach a second gate with wilderness signs, your now at the thugs.

You will most likely still be using a mith scimmy at this point but thats fine.

thugsun0.png

All you have to do is stand here and kill thugs, use cabbage if you have no other food, every time a nature rune drops pick it up, every time you eat pick up an unidentified herb.

This method will gain you a large ammount of gold in a short time, trade your nats in for lobs with any players in edge bank and you will be able to train cost free.

Red spiders:

redsbt8.jpg

Once you have at least 40 defence you can now move on to deadly red spiders, these guys are situated directly above thugs and pack a punch but they are good xp, after your food gets a little low, head back to thugs and fill up on herbs and nats, try to get at least 20 nats per trip.

Continue training on deadly reds and thugs untill you have the stats for the lost city quest then go and do it :)

Skeletons:

skelsxc5.jpg

Sell your unid herbs to buy all equipment needed, once you have full rune a dragon dagger and a dragon long, you can start training on the skeletons above the deadly red spiders, again the same applies when you are low on food fill up on herbs, never bank without a full invent of herbs.

Pkers:

You will get the occasional pker but most of them cant pk very well and you can just run through enemies and escape, ive died once in my time training in edge and thats becouse i stayed arround to make a point :-w

Extra notes:

Try not to sell herbs in ammounts less then 100 at a time unless its urgent, its much easier to sell them in larger ammounts.

Trading nats for lobs try to get a few extra lobs i generally trade 100 nats for 120 lobs.

Using my guide you can train fast and efficiently and make a lot of gold without training any non combat stats, i hope this guide helps at least one person. :oops:

And i wish you all the best of luck in the future.

~Runit3

how about a guide that can be read easily? space it out, format it like the "guide to writing a guide" suggests. right now its hard to discern what is where, and the information is pretty vague. like i said before, very little information has been put into it. a bit more detail? some spelling? pictures?

Stallion4589.png

Sorry, but I can hardly consider this as a guide. There are alot more here and which give more examples and which are neatly presented out instead put into one paragraph. Add the following:

More ways to train combat

Not Just Melee. There are Mages and Rangers too you know.

Give more detail descriptions on where to train.

Add pictures incase people get confused.

More than one Paragrpagh. Most guides are the size of a peice of A4 paper. Look at other guides to see how they present it out but DON'T Copy it!

Phaper_Plane.png

Sorry, but I can hardly consider this as a guide. There are alot more here and which give more examples and which are neatly presented out instead put into one paragraph. Add the following:

More ways to train combat

Not Just Melee. There are Mages and Rangers too you know.

Give more detail descriptions on where to train.

Add pictures incase people get confused.

More than one Paragrpagh. Most guides are the size of a peice of A4 paper. Look at other guides to see how they present it out but DON'T Copy it!

#1 The point of this guide is to be simple.

#2 The point of this guide is to show the cheapest way to train melee and make money while doing so.

Keeping those two points in mind, this guide does everything it is ment to do without being 500 words long.

This topic is being cleaned. The rules of this forum state

Acceptable replies will consist of compliments, corrections, and suggestions to the guide information only.

It is not necessary to rate the guide or insult the author. If you don't like the guide, make suggestions as to what might improve it.

If someone wants to make a short guide, let them. Suggestions for improving content, format and so on can be helpful.

Please be kind to others and behave yourselves. Rule-breaking posts will be referred to the moderator team for disciplinary action. Thanks.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 1 month later...

A really good way to get 20 attack on a beggining character is to get level 13 magic. Then, once you've done that do the Vampire Slayer slayer quest. When it comes to fighting the vampire cast fire strike repetivley, eating when needed, and when you're done with the quest you will get X amount of experience making you go from 1 to 20 attack. I think it's a good idea! :mrgreen:

wildsig3.gif

Ha! I laugh at you! You mention that killing thugs actually gets you great money? If you consider 10k per hour great money :lol: . And hate to break it to you buddy, but the people in edgeville buy nats by the thousands, they won't buy your measly amount of nats you get from thugs.

Have you even heard of the word 'organisation'? That's what your guide needs, everything is bunched up together and hard to read.

Also, one guide has proved that moss giants are the best way to train combat in f2p, yet you don't mention them at all?

How about pest control? You didn't mention that at all. :notalk:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Ha! I laugh at you! You mention that killing thugs actually gets you great money? If you consider 10k per hour great money :lol: . And hate to break it to you buddy, but the people in edgeville buy nats by the thousands, they won't buy your measly amount of nats you get from thugs.

Have you even heard of the word 'organisation'? That's what your guide needs, everything is bunched up together and hard to read.

Also, one guide has proved that moss giants are the best way to train combat in f2p, yet you don't mention them at all?

I have a 112, 94, 91 and my 76 pure mage you have what?.

I can make 300k an hour at thugs, if your a newb why post your oppinion, you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

Moss giants are lousy xp, i trained my 91 from 44-88 there and it sucked.

If you bothered to read my guide you change to p2p at 40 40 1 melee stats, this isnt a f2p guide.

Next time you want to make ignorant newb comments go make an account at rune village.

Edit: Just looked you up, my main has TWICE your total xp, my rune pure has the same ammount, my other 2 accounts have a little less, ALL of my 3 melee accounts are higher combat then yours, but i guess you know more about training then me einstien.

I have a 112, 94, 91 and my 76 pure mage you have what?.

I can make 300k an hour at thugs, if your a newb why post your oppinion, you clearly have no idea what your talking about.

Moss giants are lousy xp, i trained my 91 from 44-88 there and it sucked.

If you bothered to read my guide you change to p2p at 40 40 1 melee stats, this isnt a f2p guide.

Next time you want to make ignorant newb comments go make an account at rune village.

Edit: Just looked you up, my main has TWICE your total xp, my rune pure has the same ammount, my other 2 accounts have a little less, ALL of my 3 melee accounts are higher combat then yours, but i guess you know more about training then me einstien.

That's a burn on so many levels...and thanks for the input back on the training time.

Don't forget to mention deaths and chaos you get from the thugs :D,even though they are in small amounts.Useful for mage none the less :D

also for f2p players like myself a good place to train is up by the entrance to the fally mine

the lvl 25 black guards give sme good exp throught the mid levels and the dwarves that are around the place drop some nats and coal and iron ore.

great guide =D>

tifsdac6mc.gif

also for f2p players like myself a good place to train is up by the entrance to the fally mine

the lvl 25 black guards give sme good exp throught the mid levels and the dwarves that are around the place drop some nats and coal and iron ore.

great guide =D>

They didnt exist when i wrote my guide, thanks for that. ::'

and you trained a acc like that? just cuz the dude in the pic has full rune...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined