Guide to Getting Your First Skull Sceptre

BigMouthHero

Ello fellow posters of the Tip.It forums, I will be explainning the way to getting your first sceptre.

NOTE: The topic is Guide to Getting Your First Skull Sceptre. Therefore, I did not add anything about the Security Stronghold in general because it's too broad of a topic, and Tip.It already has a guide of the stronghold under the link "general guides". After you click on Security Stronghold there would be a link to the map, where you can analyze it in greater detail.

To start getting your sceptre you first fight the Minotaur, if you want easiest to hardest...

Requirments for Minotaur:

20 strength

10 attack

5 defense

9 magic (if you're a mage)

15 range (if you're a ranger. Note: one Minotaur area has a fence, and Minotaur also drop iron arrows)

enough hp to withstand the Minotaur (20 health is plenty)

I personally didn't need food for the Minotaurs', but if you are a lower level, use shrimps.

Go down the tunnel located in barbarian village (for more information on that, go to the Tip.It guide on the Security Stronghold located under General Guides), and then cross the barriers (from starting point: south 2 gates, east 2 gates) until you meet the Minotaur. These level 12 Minotaur* (check bestiary for more information) only have 10 health and are easy to kill. Minotaur drop the left right side of the sceptre.

*there are also level 24 Minotaurs if you like more of a challenge

Requirements for Flesh Crawlers:

25 strength

10 attack

10 defense (varies depending if you hit high)

9 magic (if you have high defense)

15 range (if you have food with you, with good arrows and good armor and equiment)

health: enough to withstand the flesh crawlers (these hit pretty high if you have low defense)

food: lower levels should definitely bring food (trout and salmon are sufficent enough)

Once you are in the level two area, go south two gates and you'll see two flesh crawlers level 28*. These flesh crawlers have 25 hp (check the bestiary for more information). Flesh crawlers drop the bottom of the sceptre.

*There are also level 48 flesh crawlers

Requirements for Catablepon:

50 strength

30 attack (but I suggest getting 40 attack)

20 defense ( but I suggest getting 30 defense)

17 magic** (but getting it all the way to where you can hit max with fire bolt is highly suggested, but without it, it can still be completed)

30-40 range**

health: enough to withstand the Catablepons (these hit really high for low levels, be prepared)

food: tuna, swordfish, or lobster! Be prepared! (you may want to have a bulk amount of food because Catablepon take a long time to drop the bottom)

When you are on the level 3 course, go north two gates, then east two gates and you'll find level 49 Catablepon*. These Catablepon are very agressive, and can use weaken (lower your strength level). Catablepon have 40 health (check the bestiary for more information). They drop the bottom of the sceptre.

*There are also level 64 and level 68 Catablepon if you want more of a challenge

**By having a high range and/or magic level and using it, the weaken spell from the Catablepon's weaken spell has no effect on you

Requirments for Ankou:

60 strength

55 attack

40 defense

health: high enough to withstand the Ankou (the higher the defense, the less you have to worry because Ankou are very strong)

food: swordfish, swordfish, swordfish! (you low levels... and get many of them, Ankous' take a while before dropping the left)

Once you are on the 4th level of the Stronghold, go North 4 gates. The you'll spy many level 75 Ankou*. These Ankou have 60 hp, and are really strong. Be prepared for this challenge. Ankou drop the left side of the sceptre.

*There are also level 82 and level 86 Ankou for more of a challenge

After you recieve all 4 parts, attach the bottom with the top part, then the left side with the right side. Then attach those two pieces together.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

After creating your sceptre, you can teleport to Barbarian Village for 5 times. After you use it for five times, it disinigrates, and you lose it. Use it wisely!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Bonuses: Attack

Stab: 0

Slash: -1

Crush: +7

Magic: +4

Range: 0

Bonuses: Defense

Stab: +2

Slash: +3

Crush: +1

Magic: +4

Range: 0

Other Bonuses

Strength: +3

Prayer: 0

Best of luck,

~Bigmouthhero

PNEUMONULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS

is the longest word that is not a chemical compound.

iconatorf3f513411add153ln9.gif

Looks pretty good but one thing is make sure you say Skull Sceptre in the title, or other people might think Pharaoh Sceptre.

With a quill or reading spectacles, visit the Varrok Library today.

Become one of the first members of the Order of Honor!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=572462

http://s8.invisionfree.com/The_Order_of_Honor/

untitled6kv7.gif

Remove the Anchovy.

These only heal !1!.

For lower levels, this will mean: DEATH...

For those Catablepon: 40 Attack and 50 Strength! Since they lower Strength and have pretty high defense.

For the Ankous: 55 Strength is ok, 50 will de aswell.

But 60 Attack is suggested aswell as 50 Defense!

They hit high and often! And have pretty great defense, high attack and defense are certainly needed! Unless you are willing to run to the bank every 3-4 Ankous...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Hey cool. I got the left side of the skull from those Ankou dudes on a slayer task. Now I know how to get the rest of them. Thanks for doing this. :)

If you expanded this to cover the entire Stronghold, it would qualify for the Archive of Wisdom. It would need locations of the emotes, maps of the floors (indicating where each monster is, which one drops the sceptre pieces, where the ladders and portals are, and where the emote rewards are)

Hope you do it, the Archive needs a guide on the Security Stronghold.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

The topic is Guide to Getting Your First Skull Sceptre. Therefore, I did not add anything about the Security Stronghold in general because it's too broad of a topic, and Tip.It already has a guide of the stronghold under the link "general guides". After you click on Security Stronghold there would be a link to the map, where you can analyze it in greater detail. I will add this as a note in my guide.

PNEUMONULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS

is the longest word that is not a chemical compound.

iconatorf3f513411add153ln9.gif

Hi i think you should improve this guide slightley with safe spots. because i found a few while getting me scepter. also i think you should put in pictures. some of the safe spots are behind corpses for the anokous (i cant spell :P) or behind a kind of wall for minotours some sort of crater for the level 2 ones (i dont remember to good) and im yet to find one for the level 3 flesh crawlers. like i said include pictures or maps for where to go for the safe spots. here is a picture of me putting it together if you do chose to use it just say thanks luker2d2 for this picture. (people call me luker to much)

Deathscepter.jpg

[img=http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/luker2d2/Deathscepter.jpg]

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

A good guide but i reckon it needs safe spots for those ranger mager types.

for example theres a safe spot for the catablepon (sp?) in the last room with monsters on level three (obviously lol) (second last room before the emote room) where u can safe spot em with range or mage. ill post up a pic for yah if you want.

When i got my sceptre i found safe spots for the last two levels coz they hit too hard (ive forgotten the ankou one tho :wall: #-o )

jogus99.png