Insted of MySQL...

Earpy

I know it's possible, but I can't find any tutorials on it at all! I want to create a membership system (with login) using a Microsoft Access database insted of a MySQL. Can somebody point me in the direction on a tutorial on this?

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps!

Edit: I am programming in PHP

MS Access is poor for providing logins for a website. Not only is it really sluggish but its incredibly insecure. Is there any reason why you cannot use MySQL? There are a few places that allow remote sql databases for limited personal use if you search google.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I just don't feel comfortable with MySQL. I have tried to learn how to use it, to no avail. I find it hard to learn:( It's weired, I found PHP fairly easy to learn and I had no problem remebering it :)

PostgreSQL

Can you explain what is meant by "PostgreSQL"?

PostegreSQL is another database system, much like MySQL. They aren't the same system, but can be used to accomplish the same ends.

Like Merc said, using Access for a website system is a pretty bad idea. You'd also be much more flexible in the future if you know how to use MySQL or another more widely used DB system. The MySQL website has tons of information on it if you're every looking for something also. PHPmyadmin and the MySQL administer/query browser are very useful tools.

Thank you all for your replies. I have installed MySQL on my computer and am attempting to use the Query browser with it, however when I open it, I am asked to enter the Server host. It is on my computer. I enter Localhost, with my username and password, and it says:

Error connecting to Earpy@localhost (Using password:yes)

Any ideas?