Pixel Tutorial {FOR ALL TO USE}+Shading +Text added!

Quer_Skulll

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quer_Skulll i was wondering, see i have a graphics site called GFX industries and i'm always looking for tutorials to add to my tutorial section, i was wondering if i could take your tutorial and make a page for it and make it a tutorial at my site. Of cource i would say it was made by you, and maybe if you want have you e-mail or something, but if you are to do this then pm if you are not then thats ok.

Heres the site if ya wanna have a look.

http://www.Gfx-Industries[LikelyScam]

sure , do add my nickname and E-Mail adress tho (its in my profile)

thanks for all the positive comments :D ill add some more stuff on it soon like how to color it and text as TeeJay suggested

EDIT : shading tutorial added

hey i was wondering do you want me to add your tip.it forum name or your real name ??

oh hey i know this topic..

to sinister, Just Quer Skull, and put my front name {Aaron} there somewhere

to wilgo i like certain points of it cant really describe what but you got the human shape right but you did made some mistakes at some points

heres my tips shade it next time and save it as png (Jpg gives it a big file size and make it look ugly in paint and color the feet and put them in the right direction

o and dont use my character style next time .. >.< (i mean at the ellbows and the wrists and the dragon legs style..) dont really mind if its practice but still

Drawing pixel humans.. my weak point.. and yte the moste important thing at pixeling.. i think? well atleast at tip.it

shading.. uhh whats wrong with it?cant really see whats wrong with it everything (except the drop shadows) is pointed towards my light source

signature_1.gif

Its probably just a picture of kurt with a filter on top of it..

Nirvana rocks :P

Back to the topic..

Well, the shading, as you said, it is directed to the lightsource, true..

But..(theres always a but ;) ) The shading isnt used properly.. Look at the chest of the guy in dragon.. Does his chest have any form? apparently(sp?) not.. You need to use a higher contrast bewteen the darkest and lightest shade..

Nothing of the armour has a real form, theyre all just flat pieces of stuff, placed on top of his body..

Thats whats wrong with the shading ;)

tipitsigte0.png

Its probably just a picture of kurt with a filter on top of it..

Nirvana rocks :P

Back to the topic..

Well, the shading, as you said, it is directed to the lightsource, true..

But..(theres always a but ;) ) The shading isnt used properly.. Look at the chest of the guy in dragon.. Does his chest have any form? apparently(sp?) not.. You need to use a higher contrast bewteen the darkest and lightest shade..

Nothing of the armour has a real form, theyre all just flat pieces of stuff, placed on top of his body..

Thats whats wrong with the shading ;)

well my current sig is a image with a filter and some amateuristic brushing of mine (you can see it a bit)

ooh i think i get what you mean, i have attempted that some times actually, but came out awkward.. you can see it on the sig i once .. uhm weeks ago gave to Axeraider.. so you cant really see it.. unless you type the guy Somno in search since he orderd and never posted again, ill try again sometime but not in my next two sigs.. (they dont got armor piecese :P)

LN?what did you say then im curious

signature_1.gif

What alot of pixelers do, especially for animations, is draw the sprites, and then scan them in. Alot of the more successful sprite pixelers that you see will do this. It helps alot, because most people can't draw on the computer.

how to do the lazy shading? in paint

select a primary color, and then a shade color (adjust colors, 2 or 1 tone higher) and then add it just like in your current sig (btw forgot to add, lazy shading works good with robes but you have to place the colors well in the leg space for example)

signature_1.gif

Guest cheesus

Here's my picture, just lovely, i "pixel"ed it. :lol:

asdf.JPG

I started with background and worked my way foward, and used small-zoomed in then sketched and skewed to proportion.

lmao it's my first, please don't flame

P.S. And yes, I know his sword and hand is out of proportion and there's a line in his pl8, and his head is round!!!

P.P.S. And his legs are too short and the feet are cut off and i didn't add a border!!!

Guest cheesus

Here's my picture, just lovely, i "pixel"ed it. :lol:

asdf.JPG

I started with background and worked my way foward, and used small-zoomed in then sketched and skewed to proportion.

lmao it's my first, please don't flame

P.S. And yes, I know his sword and hand is out of proportion and there's a line in his pl8, and his head is round!!!

P.P.S. And his legs are too short and the feet are cut off and i didn't add a border!!!

AHAHAAAAAHHHH i just wondering how do u make ur sky and ground have such a nice scratchy effect? like the ground lines are inconsitent like in real. How u just take a colour and know where to sratch it up. Or is it just random.

what i mean is inbetween tones in the sky and ground, the edges of the colours are like ripped torn scracthced jagged what ever u like to call it. Is it random or wha? :?:

AHAHAAAAAHHHH i just wondering how do u make ur sky and ground have such a nice scratchy effect? like the ground lines are inconsitent like in real. How u just take a colour and know where to sratch it up. Or is it just random.

what i mean is inbetween tones in the sky and ground, the edges of the colours are like ripped torn scracthced jagged what ever u like to call it. Is it random or wha? :?: