The next new skill. Science? Look here!

Arch_Tyrant

Science!

Ever wondered how to repair barrows armor cheaper?

Ever wondered how to make your weapons stronger? More powerful? Even Deadlier?

With Science all these answers will be revealed.

Hello. My name is Arch Tyrant and i have an idea for the next possible new skill. What is it? Well Science of course!

Science is a very important skill to have becuase it makes our lifes much easier. What can science do for us? Well it can enhance our pre existing skills by giving us more knowledge about it to make more use of them.

Just for some examples...

1. Discover how to yield more herbs from your seeds.

2. Discover how to yield more money from high alchemy.

3. Discover how to prevent Runecrafting pouches from decaying

4. Discover how to burn less fish at lower levels.

5. Discover how to sharpen your Woodchopping axe to make them cut faster.

6. Discover how to make potions which raise your stats slightly higher

7. Breed herbs to make new species.

8. Build a larger lobster pot or baited lobster pot to allow for faster lobby catching.

9. Disover how to prevent Barrows armor from decaying as quickly.

Sound cool?

It should, science will be a very profitable and VERY usefull skill.

But with such a useful and proifitable skill...It should be very difficult to train.

So heres some ideas on how we could gain exp for Science...

1. The "examine" option could be updated to allow an in-depth examination to be made. Examining herbs, trees, insects, birds, etc. could increase your knowledge (experience). This process should be longer and more involved than it is now.

2. Furthermore, you could visit the Varrock Library which could be updated to contain scientific books. These books could be read to gain experience.

3. In order to develop your knowledge of alchemy, you could make certain potions which you use on gold bars, necklaces, rings, etc. The potion would react with the metal producing an effect, and increasing your knowledge about the material.

4. Gather supplies for Runescape scholars such as the Wise old man himself so they can do expiriments and share their results with you.

Now i know this sounds very easy to train. :-k

Because...well...IT IS! #-o

I will need some help finding ways to train science that are more...difficult so any help would be appreciated there. :D

Well that was a mouthful...

Well tell me what you guys think and give me some suggestions to further improve my idea. If someone could also make me some pictures that would be great to.

Ok well post away! 8-)

Peace out,

Arch Tyrant

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The only reason i posted this idea before i posted it on runescapes forums is becuase this idea is NOT complete...I posted it here 1st to gather some ideas so let me know all you got!

EDIT: I changed the skill name to science for various reasons...Same skill idea though.

Gaining experience in existing skills basically means your character is gaining knowledge in those skills. They could just include those things in the skills we already have...

Ok then if what your saying is right...think of it this way...

Congratualtions! You are now 80 Attack!

Members barrows weapons now degrade much slower!

(Make much sence?)

Congratulations! You are now 90 Strength!

Members can now sharpen their weapons to make them stronger!

(Not much different)

It's not like im saying...

Congratulations! You are now 70 Mining!

You know mine 3 times faster!

(That makes no sence...you progresivly mine faster with each level)

Now if i was suggesting something like that you would be totaly correct...But im not so you have no reason to argue that.)

2czeqeh.jpg

EH? :-s

Gaining experience in existing skills basically means your character is gaining knowledge in those skills. They could just include those things in the skills we already have...

What you are suggesting is about as useful as a hamster taking laxatives.

inferno_char.png

So heres some ideas on how we could gain exp for Knowledge...

1. The "examine" option could be updated to allow an in-depth examination to be made. Examining herbs, trees, insects, birds, etc. could increase your knowledge (experience). This process should be longer and more involved than it is now.

2. Furthermore, you could visit the Varrock Library which could be updated to contain scientific books. These books could be read to gain experience.

3. In order to develop your knowledge of alchemy, you could make certain potions which you use on gold bars, necklaces, rings, etc. The potion would react with the metal producing an effect, and increasing your knowledge about the material.

4. Gather supplies for Runescape scholars such as the Wise old man himself so they can do expiriments and share their results with you.

Maybe kinda like agility and slayer training, you get tasks. The Wise Old Man sends you to find out say, what you get if you examine, say..... limprut roots.

Another idea is to train newcomers how to use the game. I remember my friend not knowing how to trade. So an idea would be ( a lvl 1 task ) to trade someone that is on both of your friend lists ( so people wouldnt bomb players with trade options. Or while this task is in place all of your trade requests are not seen by the guy.

So for the one above to teach newer players about dying it would be the "Wise King" or someone would teleport you to a distecint area. Then he would take all of your items and give you 5 items. Then a lvl (infitity sign here ) would attack and 1 hit KO you. Youd reappear in Lumnridge and stay for a little time. Then you get teleported back to the area. Then you return skulled to teach what happens when you get skull'd.

The tasks can also include reviewing the tutoral island stuff, how to report players, NOT to beg, HOW TO CRAFT! ( no crafting insturctor on island ) and other things newplayers need to know and would cut the amount of beggers etc. I can see how this can be used as an advantage. And of course older players ( account age not real life age ) would have tasks such as not insulting people, how to make more money ( new players might use this too ), and review.

VERY interesting idea.

EH? :-s

What you are suggesting is about as useful as a hamster taking laxatives.

which actually has more uses than u think :-s

anyway, na..most of these can just be add ons to the existing skill quite easily, breeding new herbs=..well farming, and they won't make alching value higher, u can trust that...look at con!

Ya see but the problem is when you gain expirience in skills you basicaly gain knowledge in them right?

So if i name this skill knowledge it would make no sence gaining knowledge in...well in knowledge so i think science is a more appropiate name.

2czeqeh.jpg