Getting rid of some macro'ers

byron_Thor

Ok firstly people will think oh no a noob only 1 post, but ive browsed forums for runescape for about 6 months, (mainly on the runescape homepage), but have never thought of a good idea.

Everyone has seen at least 20 auto'ers macro'ers whatever you want to call them. You know that they either fish mine or cut then bank. Ok we have randoms for when they are doing there task. But how about putting a question for when u go to deposit items into your bank. but it would need to be an easy question, like what coulor is this [], or whats this shape O then it would be a multipile choice answer

i have thought about this idea for a while but i was thinking people would complain and go owww it just gets in the way, but Jagex should only make it for F2P players seeing as auto'ers are mainly in F2P worlds.

But this also effects me in real life, i just signed up for netbank (internet banking) and like very 3rd time i log in it asked me one of my questions.

so just post if you like my idea or think it stinks.

Im hoping that a member might like to post this on the runescape Suggestions forums i would highly like that.

Thanks for reading

Intresting. Could work. If macroers can complete random events successfully, though, i think they would be able to do that too. :anxious:

sorasig3sj9.jpg

---

Do not ask God for an easy life. Ask him for the strength to endure a difficult one.

Pansy: a weak, effeminate, and often cowardly man. (Oxford English Dictionary)

zezimatalkingzp0.png

One of the options you said was "What colour is this". Macroers would be able to do that

sorasig3sj9.jpg

---

Do not ask God for an easy life. Ask him for the strength to endure a difficult one.

Pansy: a weak, effeminate, and often cowardly man. (Oxford English Dictionary)

zezimatalkingzp0.png

i could work to a degree, make it so the first time u use ur bank when u log in a message comes up sayin "click these colours" then has a choice of 9 colours which move around after each click, like a bank pin (if you have a bank pin the pin overrides this new test)

Proud Member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

MonsterSig1.jpg

how about a question like which of these is a word...

1.kfghiothj

2.fvgjdfnghtju

3.word

how would they recognize that? could work that way

Macroers don't "read" what is written there. They automatically (sp?) know what's there because they know RS Code (Runescript).

No! You'll die if you try to kill that farmer!
nah whips should be as left as is. besides theyre the intestine of an abbysal demon (i think) have fun crafting that.

Victor, are you like trained in programming or something?

I know the basics...

EDIT: why are you asking?

nah whips should be as left as is. besides theyre the intestine of an abbysal demon (i think) have fun crafting that.

I have researched a lot of macro programs and analysed some of the various coding used, most if not all bots are already flawed in many areas caused by variations in random events, automatic screen adjustment, and of cause the all important Pmods, but I can tell you all right now that this suggestion would stop any bots needing to bankin f2p.

HOWEVER the all time highest use of a bot that banks goes to... Yes that's right Fletchers! Which means it wouldn't affect them. A lot of f2p mining, smithing, fishing, woodcutting bots are purely used for power leveling which means no banking ever. So although this may stop a few macros for a while it wont take long to crack it. So this suggestion is altogether not worth the time and effort.

THERE IS NO VIABLE WAY TO PREVENT MACROS.

I hope this has given some insight into macros

P.S.

NO bots CANNOT read the runescript, only Jagex has access to it.

YES some bots have colour recognition but alternating questions would make it difficult

inferno_char.png

P.S.

YES some bots have colour recognition but alternating questions would make it difficult

Sorry (no offence), but are you telling us that bots are "robots" behind a computer, that moves your mouse, have colour and pictures recognition?

P.S.

Sorry (no offence), but are you telling us that bots are "robots" behind a computer, that moves your mouse, have colour and pictures recognition?

no, but bots can read colors and pictures...it's not hard. Why do you think the mysterious box random has no effect?

I think victor read something somewhere and misunderstood it.

What he is talking about, is that some (being all the level 3 autoers using a chinese macro) macros, work by sending and recieving packets to and from the server.

Normally when you click a rock, something along the lines of this happens.

You click the rock, your click sends a message to the client "I want to mine this rock." The client your playing on then forwards the packet to the server, along with other information. The client checks that there is an ore at that location of that type, and that its not mined, and then checks if you have a pick and mining level to mine it. If everything is all in order, (The server checking this is the reason stat editors, cheats etc are impossible) Then the server changes the rock to 'being mined', sends a packet to the client telling it your mining it and your client changes your character to 'mining position' Etc etc. As you can see, the game works by sending and recieving packets between the client and the server.

A client edited macro, reads a script so it knows what packets to send, and sends them without the player having to click the rock. So it forces the client to send the "I want to mine this rock" packet, the rest goes on from there.

When a random occurs, the hacked client recieves a packet telling it that its getting a random and what type. So it can get past it flawlessly.

The server has to send this packet, because if it didn't then you wouldn't be able to recieve the random.

This is where traps come in, (Offtopic, but it has got something to do with my post) including useless stuff added in the client to trip up macros such as items called '9mm revolver' and 'double helix.'

This was in the client about 80 updates ago:

public static String aStringArray809[] = {

"attack", "defence", "strength", "hitpoints", "ranged", "prayer", "magic", "cooking", "woodcutting", "fletching", 

"fishing", "firemaking", "crafting", "smithing", "mining", "herblore", "agility", "thieving", "slayer", "farming", 

"runecraft", "yodelling", "hexediting", "-unused-", "-unused-"

};

Although I think it was more of a joke with cheaters than a trap designed to mess up macroers.

Tomdavies, even for colour clickers, an OCR would easily bypass your idea. Just make an OCR read a, b and c, and click the one which is found in a dictionary. (The same could be done with anything writtin in syntax)

byron_Thor your idea wouldn't work either, as ive explained above, and colour clickers could do it, if not by colour, than bitmaps.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.