DDR or Stepmania, anyone?

Lunar_Drifter

Hey, if anyone wants to play Stepmania later today [saturday], me and DDRMaster are planning on being online tonight. The room will most likely be in Novice and named Tip.It or something along those lines.

Times pl0x?

1260955552084-1.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my Recall (if anyone knows what a Recall is). My scores are a little outdated since I haven't been able to get to the mall in forever. Here are few scores to give you an idea of how good of a player I am.

xenonqw2.jpg

truelovelovepp8.jpg

screen00194pr5.jpg

I play SM when I'm in school and I'm free and there are people to impress. 8-)

And I though I was good...when I last played, just AA'ing everything was pretty tough...grats on all the AAA'S =D> =D>

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Here's my Recall (if anyone knows what a Recall is). My scores are a little outdated since I haven't been able to get to the mall in forever. Here are few scores to give you an idea of how good of a player I am.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9578/xenonqw2.jpg

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/8475 ... ovepp8.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8131 ... 194pr5.jpg

I play SM when I'm in school and I'm free and there are people to impress. 8-)

And I though I was good...when I last played, just AA'ing everything was pretty tough...grats on all the AAA'S =D> =D>

Thanks. :D Years of practice. I've been playing DDR almost twice as long as Runescape.

Phew back from a weekend out of state. I'm surprised to see so many people actually like these games! Woot for dancing!

I'd say I'm fairly decent on Stepmania, and at least get an A on any heavy song on the console. I've got an X-Box with Ultramix 1, 2, and 3.. Ultramix 2 and 3 really dissapointed me; they seemed like they were intended for a younger, less experienced audience. But I do love Bag on heavy! That song rocks...

Oh and.. Stepmania.. online? HOW?! I think I'm missing out on something..

Oh yea. I get most of my songs from FFR, and some easier ones from Stepmania. Have fun!

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Stepmania Online is a program where you can join rooms and play songs with other SM'ers. You're extremely limited as far as themes and customization goes. A HUGE drawback is that both players need to have the exact same song with the exact same steps to play it; otherwise, SMO would become a P2P program, which is very very bad, children.

EDIT: P2P does not mean "pay to play".

Phew back from a weekend out of state. I'm surprised to see so many people actually like these games! Woot for dancing!

I'd say I'm fairly decent on Stepmania, and at least get an A on any heavy song on the console. I've got an X-Box with Ultramix 1, 2, and 3.. Ultramix 2 and 3 really dissapointed me; they seemed like they were intended for a younger, less experienced audience. But I do love Bag on heavy! That song rocks...

Oh and.. Stepmania.. online? HOW?! I think I'm missing out on something..

Oh yea. I get most of my songs from FFR, and some easier ones from Stepmania. Have fun!

I can't wait for ddr ultramix 4. (well it's already out) I don't have it yet, we're waiting for Konami to send us a copy of it. Also what kind of pads do u use for the xbox? We use the padded ones, with the little puzzle thing inside, I can't remember the name, but they're good. I can't do bag on heavy yet . . . its dong hard, i do like the very first one . . uh, the alphebet rap one. man i am braindead today! I cant remember the names of anything. Well I'm hopin ddr 4 will have some harder ones!

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7033/1stml0.gif

Thanks to 4be2jue for the awesome sig^^

http://z8.invisionfree.com/bon35

must be lvl 40 or less to join!

Ok ok.. so after much finding-outery, I've gotten a working version of SM 4... Now, I need some help finding people to play with!

I log into "smonline.us:24842", and there's only 2 people there, but noone will talk to me. Anyone wanna get on and try to help me out there? And we'd need some compatible songs, as well.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Woo, I finally passed Max 300 at the arcade, C'd with 295 perfects.

Kaw, witnessed and experienced.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AshKaYu

Sorry for reviving a week-old topic, but I was wondering if other people got it for Christmas? I managed to get DDR: SuperNova. I like it, it has some nice music (LETS DANCE). I'm pretty bad at it though >_>. I get a B on Basic.

Sorry for reviving a week-old topic, but I was wondering if other people got it for Christmas? I managed to get DDR: SuperNova. I like it, it has some nice music (LETS DANCE). I'm pretty bad at it though >_>. I get a B on Basic.

That song is terrible, musically and step wise [for heavy and all.]

And supernova is actually pretty good for an American DDR game.. just gotta unlock everything. The original list is failure.

I almost passed Max 300 SuperMaxMe mix at the arcade today O_O

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

I got SuperNova a couple of weeks ago, played it once, and haven't played it since. It was crappy in my opinion, didn't have very good songs, wern't too many, and the whole set up was awkwierd.

SuperNOVA is one of the best American console games, by far. It's my current favorite. The reason you don't like the songlist is because you get, what, 20 songs to start out with? They're mostly licesenses; you've got some nice ones like Dance, Dance, Heaven in a Place on Earth, Video Killed the Radio Star, Xepher, and some others, but other than that it's pretty bad. But wait! Stellar Master Mode is your key to unlocking the good songs. Travel through the Stellar Joints and complete the missions there, then you get songs and courses available at the shop. In total, you've got 74 songs (79 if you count the online-exclusive songs). And most of them kick [wagon]. You've also got one of the hardest DDR's yet; it's got 11 10-footer charts, I believe. It took me about 2-3 days of hardcore DDR'ing to unlock everything, but it's well worth it.

I got SuperNova a couple of weeks ago, played it once, and haven't played it since. It was crappy in my opinion, didn't have very good songs, wern't too many, and the whole set up was awkwierd.

SuperNOVA is one of the best American console games, by far. It's my current favorite. The reason you don't like the songlist is because you get, what, 20 songs to start out with? They're mostly licesenses; you've got some nice ones like Dance, Dance, Heaven in a Place on Earth, Video Killed the Radio Star, Xepher, and some others, but other than that it's pretty bad. But wait! Stellar Master Mode is your key to unlocking the good songs. Travel through the Stellar Joints and complete the missions there, then you get songs and courses available at the shop. In total, you've got 74 songs (79 if you count the online-exclusive songs). And most of them kick [wagon]. You've also got one of the hardest DDR's yet; it's got 11 10-footer charts, I believe. It took me about 2-3 days of hardcore DDR'ing to unlock everything, but it's well worth it.

I'll have to look into that.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

Guest AshKaYu

I like SuperNova. But one thing I dislike is how annoying it is trying to get a certain song with a roulette or dance with two female characters in a row. There's alot of asian songs on the Uekiki(sp?) stellar joint, incase anyone here likes them.

And Sp4de, that's a matter of opinion. I like that song. What makes you dislike it?

I like SuperNova. But one thing I dislike is how annoying it is trying to get a certain song with a roulette or dance with two female characters in a row. There's alot of asian songs on the Uekiki(sp?) stellar joint, incase anyone here likes them.

Some missions, yes, will make you want to cut off your legs so you cannot complete them. The roulette ones, the dancing character ones, and the damned stealth ones. :wall:

You really should. SN is a great game. If you don't have the patience to unlock everything, either steal a friend's memory card or go here. If you have 1337 |-|4X012 5|

EDIT: Totally forgot I just posted before this. Double posts with different info ftw?

Here be text by Panda

Here be texts.

You really should. SN is a great game. If you don't have the patience to unlock everything, either steal a friend's memory card or go here. If you have 1337 |-|4X012 5|

EDIT: Totally forgot I just posted before this. Double posts with different info ftw?

That looks really confusing to be honest. I clicked on the link but I didn't understand it. :P And most of my friends hate DDR. Repent! Repent the devils! hehe

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]