Moshing: is it stupid?

Futurama

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to more or less like it at local parties, with people you all know and where it's more of a friendly little thing. But at a festival? Naah, festivals are for chilling out and having fun with your friends along with tens of thousends of people you don't know. And if that involveskicking and hitting people, I'd rather stay away. Besides, all the pits on Werchter (biggest festival in Belgium with around 75,000 ppl every day) consisted of pathetic 14 year old children. The average visitor was 20-25 and they were all very much irritated by those kids. I constantly got bumped by them so after half an hour a few of the surrounding elders, including me, tossed them back to the middle of the pit. That stopped them. It's damn annoying when a relatively calm band like Placebo is doing their gig and kids are bumping you all the time.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I was speaking from experience...

Then you got lucky. :lol:

Are you trying to sound clever or something? Not a single person was hospitalised during the gig i saw them...

Well, I have something from "experience" also.

One of my friends went to a Korn concert, and he accidently fell into a mosh pit. He nearly broke his arm, and his older brother had to leave due to a severe injuries.

My uncle is in a band. He knows what kind of things are at concerts. I'm speaking from knowledge: If you escaped a Slayer concert with neck pain, you are quite lucky. Do you know what kind of things people do at Slayer concerts? :shock:

I don't see a part of your post being: I was in mosh pits several times and I once broke my arm because of --- and that's why you are wrong.

You obviously don't have experience in pits. Most older people there immediately help people who have fallen down. It's only the young brats that think it's all about themselves.

My uncle is in a band.

Uh, yeah, so am I. And millions of others. And so far, the only bad things I've seen and heard of are caused by ego-tripping adolescents, hooligans or idiots that are tripping on whatever drug they take.

Do you know what kind of things people do at Slayer concerts? :shock:

You obviously don't. And I am certain Merc does.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

^^ Above post FTW :D

Even in the Slayer pit people were helping others up. Grow up and stop trying to act big and clever, we can see right though it.

Oy is right about is being the younger kids that are the most reckless in pits. While i was watching the Used a few years back someone punched me right in the back of the head so they could get past me and I wasnt even in a pit! I had to step outside for a few minutes because I felt so dizzy.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

wheeyyy! skanking :) it's a full body workout

That's skanking?! The only purpose I can see that serving is to make people look ridiculous...

And technically, moshing could also count as a full body work out :D

Even in the Slayer pit people were helping others up

Generally happens in every pit really..

I don't see a part of your post being: I was in mosh pits several times and I once broke my arm because of --- and that's why you are wrong.

You obviously don't have experience in pits. Most older people there immediately help people who have fallen down. It's only the young brats that think it's all about themselves.

My uncle is in a band.

Uh, yeah, so am I. And millions of others. And so far, the only bad things I've seen and heard of are caused by ego-tripping adolescents, hooligans or idiots that are tripping on whatever drug they take.

Do you know what kind of things people do at Slayer concerts? :shock:

You obviously don't. And I am certain Merc does.

Whatever...I'm just saying there's some bad stuff at Slayer concerts.

So walking absurdly on the spot is skanking? You learn something new every day! Mind you who am I to criticise, dancehall being my favourite genre of music, all you get is silly dance moves lol. Whoever invented dutty wine must have taken crack.

Don't you hurt yourself moshing and stuff? I remember working behind the bar at an alternative music night, so many bloody noses and black eyes. Well hey, I guess if your enjoying yourself in the process, go for it?

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

So walking absurdly on the spot is skanking? You learn something new every day! Mind you who am I to criticise, dancehall being my favourite genre of music, all you get is silly dance moves lol. Whoever invented dutty wine must have taken crack.

Don't you hurt yourself moshing and stuff? I remember working behind the bar at an alternative music night, so many bloody noses and black eyes. Well hey, I guess if your enjoying yourself in the process, go for it?

Yeah, you can hurt yourself sometimes, and sometimes pretty bad. Can't speak for others, but I just love the adrenaline rush :D

Moshing is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen...

Hey! Let's pay 50 dollars to get the **** beat out of us by random people, then another 1,000 dollars for hospital bills, all for an adrenaline rush!

Sounds fun, but whatever you idiots want...

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

then another 1,000 dollars for hospital bills

Yeah, if you suck that much.

So it takes some kind of talent to randomly swing your arms around and hurt people?

Moshing is great. Emo moshing is stupid. I hate hardcore dancers. :x

Don't tell me your gonna start catergorizing moshes, too?

"Didn't you forget classic post-hardcore metal moshing?"

Hardcore dancers piss everyone off...there amazing tactic of making space for them to "dance" in (ie, spread arms and push backwards) caused two people to get trampled pretty badly at last gig. Which was basically all the excuse we needed to show them how pits should be done...(with them still stuck in the middle :twisted: )

I hate hardcore dancers as well, but that is not emo moshing... I have video footage of one of those.

To the guy that is going to the Parkway Drive show: I'm jelous. That should be amazing.

Moshing is great fun. Why go to a show to just sit there and listen to the music? I can do that same thing sitting right where I am now.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Moshing is great fun. Why go to a show to just sit there and listen to the music? I can do that same thing sitting right where I am now.

And I can look at pictures and videos of the Grand Canyon from my computer. I wonder why everyone keeps going!

It's different. My comparison was to sitting at home listening to the song to sitting at a concert listening to the song, but not doing anything. If yours was at all relevant to mine it would mean someone would go to the grand canyon, yet not look at it, and only a picture of it whilst they stand in front of the canyon.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

And I can look at pictures and videos of the Grand Canyon from my computer. I wonder why everyone keeps going!

It's different. My comparison was to sitting at home listening to the song to sitting at a concert listening to the song, but not doing anything. If yours was at all relevant to mine it would mean someone would go to the grand canyon, yet not look at it, and only a picture of it whilst they stand in front of the canyon.

You'll find that if you become old and less energetic, that live music can be more fun just to listen to with friends, sitting on a blanket on a festival. There's little as relaxing as sitting in the sunshine, listening to Mogwai with a beer, mini-snacks and your mates.

It's just a different experience from standing in the crowd and being very active.

heinzny2.jpg

When I saw Breed 77 there was some hardcore kid with a bring me the horizon hoody on and a bandana around his jaw. it's hard to look hardcore when his idea of moshing was running into the middle and actaully physically phag-slapping people.

& by Emo-Moshing knives669 means Hardcore Dancing. which yep, is insanely stupid imo, especially cause the majority of kids i've seen doing it would probably be dropped in a punch if someone hit them :P

the wall of death is fun. but only once every so often, hahah. the same old moshing crap is just boring and if you've paid ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã12 to watch a band i'd rather watch the band...

once, some girl was hardcore dancing infront of me and hit me in the balls. so i tripped that (female dog) over and kicked her in the head.

die emo die!

logo.jpg

once, some girl was hardcore dancing infront of me and hit me in the balls. so i tripped that (female dog) over and kicked her in the head.

die emo die!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gEso_NW2caQ ?

jfacsig01ti4.jpg