A master plan for smithing...

meol

Well, you viewed the topic, could you please take the time to read and post?

In order to get 60 smithing for Devious minds I'll need to smith a lot, and I have got this plan and I wanted to see if it would work.

I'll need to smelt and smith 1800 steel plates, which would mean 9k iron ores and 18k coal ores.

If I buy the iron for 100gp ea, and get coal from the Kingdom at arund 95gp ea, craft my own nats for alching, having bought the ess for 90gp ea, and get flax with the other 5 workers, will I get a profit?

This are my maths:

9k iron => 900k

18k coal => 1710k

1800 ess => 162k

That means expenses of about 2772k. If I go daily to increase my approval rating to 100%, and the workers take 50k each day, I'll have to wait 33 days. The workers on flax will have spent 25k each day, for a total of 825k (and got 20k flax), so we can add that to the expenses (that's 3597k now!).

Now, after I've alched my plates I'll get 2160k, and I could sell the flax for 2200k (110 ea).

That would mean I'd have a profit of (only) 763k, but I'll get 5 smithing, 2 magic and 1 runecrafting level.

Will this all work?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

if your going to save money, thats the best way

if you just want the level just buy ruby rings at lost city, make ring of forgeins and buy alot of iron, can pretty easily smelt around 10k+ iorn in a day, iron knives good to smelt, but like i said if you just want the level, make iron plates

legends2.jpg

if your going to save money, thats the best way

if you just want the level just buy ruby rings at lost city, make ring of forgeins and buy alot of iron, can pretty easily smelt around 10k+ iorn in a day, iron knives good to smelt, but like i said if you just want the level, make iron plates

This is what I did, and what I'm doing now, this is what I reccomend.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

i guess it'd work, but cannonballs wouldn't take a month to get that level.

Buy 1K Steel Bars for 550-600 gp each. Smelt into cannonballs. Sell for 180 each. Repeat.

After 4 loops through the process, taking 8 hours, you'll have your 60 smithing. And about 700-800k profit as well.

Devious minds is 65 smithing, not 60...

But as for my suggestion, I'd say buy iron ore and rings of forging and smelt iron, then make iron knives, then sell those. You actually make quite a profit if you can find a good buyer.

I've been debating the iron knives vs cannon balls, are cannonballs really good sellers?

curmudgeony.png

But as for my suggestion, I'd say buy iron ore and rings of forging and smelt iron, then make iron knives, then sell those. You actually make quite a profit if you can find a good buyer.

Yes, I know that, but I could use an stew from level 59, or use the Blast Furnance above level 60.

Thanks to everyone that has posted! :thumbsup: I'll see if getting rings of forging is a good idea. I really want to save money but I think cballs are too slow (the month I'd have to wait for my plan is only about 2 minutes a day).

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Yes, I know that, but I could use an stew from level 59, or use the Blast Furnance above level 60.

Thanks to everyone that has posted! :thumbsup: I'll see if getting rings of forging is a good idea. I really want to save money but I think cballs are too slow (the month I'd have to wait for my plan is only about 2 minutes a day).

lost city where you get the d long and dd's there is a store stocked with ruby rings for 1k each, cost 1 dimond to enter, and the stock is 5

legends2.jpg

lost city where you get the d long and dd's there is a store stocked with ruby rings for 1k each, cost 1 dimond to enter, and the stock is 5

Two better options are shilo village gem rocks, though you do have to mine a bit to get rubies. Alternatively, if you have 50+ thieving, the safes in rogue's den (food is a good idea, but it is close to a bank).

You might also want to think about the goldsmithing gloves from family crest and the Kelgrim gold mine. With the gloves and an unlocked ring of charos, it is quite the source for exp.

curmudgeony.png