~~~~Wakka Blog~~98/99 Woodcutting~~MY RETURN AGAIN~~~~~

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but it's time to throw in the towel.

I've talked it over with my mom and I've finally come to a realization of how addicting this game really is. People in my neighborhood have labeled me as being completely antisocial, I don't know how to communicate with people well, and the amount of time I spend playing takes up too much of my life. This game is a drug, and just like any other drug it causes problems to those around you. I've also begun to see this gaming habit in my brother. He plays Warcraft 3 online and he is only 8 years old, however he often neglects to go to places that would seem lots of fun to any 8 year old. Examples being the movies, or white water, or six flags. I don't want this fate for me or my brother so I've decided to kick the habit completely.

I only have this problem with online games so I will still use my xbox 360 when I get some free time, my username is "wakka102" on there. I will still get on tif to post sometimes and stay in touch with friends. I will be keeping everything I have in my bank as well as selling the remainder of the nature runes I've made bringing me to about 40-45m which I'll place into rares.

I may return someday when I can better cope with the amount of time spent playing, but there is a history of addicts in my family to various things and I unfortunately have picked up the gene. I love all my friends here and hope that you're lives are all wonderful and fulfilling.

Happy Scaping,

Wakka102

Wow amazing, I Just quit not too long ago, I also realized how anti-social i am, Plus i find Parties and such not as fun as everyone else. Good luck in life Wakka

Well Wakka, All I can say is I wish you the best with all you do. I have always enjoyed reading your blog (almost daily I check it) and it always gave me respect to you in how well you stick to a goal. I believe that since you could succeed so many times in game with your goals, that you will be able to with this one you just made. Like I said, I respected you while you were playing, even though I never really met you, and I respect you for the decision you have made to move on.

Good Luck with all you do,

Adam

Good choice man. Ever sense I quit my life has been amazing, this has been the best summer of my life. Last summer I played RS pretty much all day every day. This summer, I can drive, I work 3 days a week, and I do something with friends or family just about every day.

Best choice I ever made, hopefully you will agree with me in time.

hey guys! Just thought I'd drop in to say hello and what better of a place to do it than my blog?

I think quitting this game was one of hte best moves I've ever done. I was able to work a 6 hour shift today so I made some great money at work. I'm talking to a girl right now that is interested in me and theres like 2 others that I know of that are interested in me too lol, I've never had that once in my life. I'm totally loving life right now and everything is great. Haven't forgotten about my buddies here on RS and tif though so I'll still be posting alot :) .

\' \' \'

O and six flags trip with some friends friday :D

good job breaking the addiction wakka. i havent been playing much at all either because of my serious addiction to it and i have to say it really is the worst with MMORPGs because even if your playing a shooter game your progress isnt as important as an MMO i mean i can spend play a couple games of halo and be sastisfyed but with runescape it was never enough so i am very happy for you for getting out while you still good =D>

hey guys! Just thought I'd drop in to say hello and what better of a place to do it than my blog?

I think quitting this game was one of hte best moves I've ever done. I was able to work a 6 hour shift today so I made some great money at work. I'm talking to a girl right now that is interested in me and theres like 2 others that I know of that are interested in me too lol, I've never had that once in my life. I'm totally loving life right now and everything is great. Haven't forgotten about my buddies here on RS and tif though so I'll still be posting alot :) .

\' \' \'

I had no idea such a dramatic turnaround was possible that quickly. If it was this easy to quit runescape, theres no way you could have been an addict :uhh: .

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

\' \' \'

I had no idea such a dramatic turnaround was possible that quickly. If it was this easy to quit runescape, theres no way you could have been an addict :uhh: .

It wasn't easy, it just took a third party to show me what I was doing (my brother) and I reolized how I was spending all my time with this game. I'm totally enjoying life now, making plenty of money in my free time at work, and spending 2 hours in the gym everyday! I never could have done this sort of schedule playing Runescape.

\' \' \'

It feels good when you know someone is interested in you, right? O:)

Good to hear everything goes cool now just keep it going same and you'll be really happy ::'

I idolize you now more than ever, as i have just quit

I thought long and hard, I wouldn't let anybody force their opinions on me, and i did it. This game isn't worth it. Its not worth the time, effort, and wasted friendships. I never got "addicted", but i got frustrated.ALl these goals I set....For what? Some stupid cape?Recognition from people I don't know?I could be going out, spending time with my loved ones, not playing a game.....a false reality...

Im going to tell jagex to take away my player mod status..as i will no longer need it

Thank you wakka

I idolize you now more than ever, as i have just quit

I thought long and hard, I wouldn't let anybody force their opinions on me, and i did it. This game isn't worth it. Its not worth the time, effort, and wasted friendships. I never got "addicted", but i got frustrated.ALl these goals I set....For what? Some stupid cape?Recognition from people I don't know?I could be going out, spending time with my loved ones, not playing a game.....a false reality...

Im going to tell jagex to take away my player mod status..as i will no longer need it

Thank you wakka

I agree with you on all points accept for statements about people you don't know. Online friends can be just as awesome as real life friends, thats one of the few great aspects of online games.

Wakka, even though I've never really known you all that often, I think you have made the right decision. I was thinking of doing the same things because I had over a 3 month break from rs because I was spending too much time on this game. I think you've taught all of us what a game really does though. Good luck in real life goals, I know that you will reach far and achieve your goals. Until next time..

~Demon

\' \' \'

It's honestly not as hard as you think.

People can become addicted to anything and any addiction is hard to overcome. But when you overcome those addictions, the reward is priceless.

I now have more self-love and self-respect than ever before. I used to not love and respect myself. But now I realize I am special and that I should love myself.

I think quitting this game was one of hte best moves I've ever done. I was able to work a 6 hour shift today so I made some great money at work. I'm talking to a girl right now that is interested in me and theres like 2 others that I know of that are interested in me too lol, I've never had that once in my life. I'm totally loving life right now and everything is great. Haven't forgotten about my buddies here on RS and tif though so I'll still be posting alot .

O and six flags trip with some friends friday

Good, good. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying life.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

\' \' \'

Ladies man, eh? :wink:

BTW, change your location. :P Pretty sure you're not in W99 :-w

Amazing Avatar by Lit0ua <3:

I'm in w99 in spirit :)

Going to the movies with a girl tomorrow, wish me luck :D

Good luck lol ")

258uo8n.jpg

what ever you do, dont tell them there coat is ugly lol.Or just watch the movie and pay no attension to her, inless the movies good :D

Haha Wakka I was wondering why I didn't see those stats rising in your sig for a while now. I found of some guy that you had quit as I don't go to these rs boards anymore, since I quit a fair while back.

Well all I can say is you've clearly made the right choice. The Game is an addiction and its not good for your social life if you get hooked thats for sure. Enjoy rl and mayebe I'll see you around posting on OT a bit more eh.'

BTW are you still on DGI forums, or did you stop going there? And are you still pumping those weights? I remember a while back you had a thread on that. :lol: :wink: