Magic Dart

nightshade53

I checked the Magic Guide, it says 30 experience per cast.

Ya, I saw that too. but it says different in the magic calc.

Due to the fact that the Slayer Dart spell's maximum damage depends on the caster's magic level (and therefore also the experience gained), we've decided not to include it.

I see the reason for your confusion. Let's explain, shall we?

See, you get experience for each point of damage you do with a spell, not per cast. So, for example.. One cast you do 20 damage, and we'll say that spell's experience per cast is 3. 20 * 3 = 60 experience.

Well, next hit let's say you do 10 damage. 10 * 3 = 30 experience. See what I mean? You get experience per point of damage, not per cast.

And when you see how much experience you'll get from a certain attack spell, that's only if you it's max (In parenthesis next to the name). Each normal spell has a max hit, and the magic calculator bases experience off of that max hit.

Buut, Slayer Dart has no max hit. It's all dependent on your magic level. So, at 50 magic, the max may be 15. But at 99 Magic, the max may be 30+. And since you're getting experience per damage, and the calculator bases off of max hit, you can't really include that.

Get what I'm saying? Sorry if that was just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. If you don't get it, I'll explain it in another way.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

See, you get experience for each point of damage you do with a spell, not per cast. So, for example.. One cast you do 20 damage, and we'll say that spell's experience per cast is 3. 20 * 3 = 60 experience.

Well, next hit let's say you do 10 damage. 10 * 3 = 30 experience. See what I mean? You get experience per point of damage, not per cast.

And when you see how much experience you'll get from a certain attack spell, that's only if you it's max (In parenthesis next to the name). Each normal spell has a max hit, and the magic calculator bases experience off of that max hit.

Buut, Slayer Dart has no max hit. It's all dependent on your magic level. So, at 50 magic, the max may be 15. But at 99 Magic, the max may be 30+. And since you're getting experience per damage, and the calculator bases off of max hit, you can't really include that.

I'm not quite sure if you are saying it correctly. As far as I know, there is a base experience that you get per cast, no matter if you slapsh or what you hit. Moreover, you get additional exp (2 expp per point of damage) if you hit. Because the max hit of the Magic Dart varies from 1 to 19*, so does the max exp. It can range from 30 to 68 .

*According to Runescape's Knowledge Base.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I'm not quite sure if you are saying it correctly. As far as I know, there is a base experience that you get per cast, no matter if you slapsh or what you hit. Moreover, you get additional exp (2 expp per point of damage) if you hit. Because the max hit of the Magic Dart varies from 1 to 19*, so does the max exp. It can range from 30 to 68 .

*According to Runescape's Knowledge Base.

Thanks to all who posted. I'm a ranger, not a mage :)