Transfering Office Word

Kinslayer777

Hi. I use open office, and love it. It's a free alternative to word (alot with the whole suite)

The thing is that I've been getting complaints that it doesn't have a good dictionary (and because i can't spell well..).

I've legitimate Microsoft Word Office on another computer, and before i consider, ahem, I'd like to know if i can somehow transfer it and/or use the old license key?

I would not know much about open office but if you install it I assume all you need is a key (if you do need a key with open office) however some applications require you to register it or it will only let you use it for a certain number of days until you get it registersd.

Provided you uninstall it off the old PC you can just use the old key.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 2 weeks later...

1) OpenOffice doesn't need you to input a serial number, ever, because its an open source progam.

2) The only way to "get away" with using the same serial number on 2 computers it their hardware is the same (This only applies for the pigs of programs that microsoft make).

3) You cannot unregister a product, companies (especially Microsoft) want you to buy their products again.

2) The only way to "get away" with using the same serial number on 2 computers it their hardware is the same (This only applies for the pigs of programs that microsoft make).

Simply untrue. I've used the same key on multiple hardware sets several times and never had issues. That includes their OSes and Office. I have yet to even have to call it in to reactivate any of them. My office 2003 key has been used upwards of atleast 9 times now between all the machines in the house.

And before anyone asks, yes they were all legally acquired keys.

alright, I'm a little confused there.

1) Yes...I know :), sorry for making little sense

2) Hmm...So...Err, I'd just install and it'd work if the hardware is the same? Isn't that a ridiculous flaw for massive orders (Like schools buying hundreds of bulk same-spec computers)

(3) I can understand, but are you sure? For one, I know you can unregister windows OS and reinstall it on a new computer. This is most frequently used when changing motherboards Windows get's angry. So...Is that different for Office suites?

In anycase, I'm set till march, their trial is lovely.

its illigal to use the same key fow multi[pul machines but no1 gives a toss

No, it's not.

13. SOFTWARE TRANSFER. Internal. You may move the Software to a different Workstation Computer. After the transfer, you must completely remove the Software from the former Workstation Computer. Transfer to Third Party. The initial user of the Software may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and Software to another end user, provided the initial user retains no copies of the Software. This transfer must include all of the Software (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the Software must agree to all the EULA terms.

It says nothing about only installing it once. You may transfer it as many times as you like, as long as you only have one installed copy at a time. It says nothing about the user being limited to only one unique install per key. After multiple moves, you may have to call the key in to Microsoft's support line, but even that is as simple as telling the tech why you were reinstalling and they give you an activation code. No fuss.

If they truly cared, your key would be blacklisted from a second install the second it was first activated.