Problem...

No_OnE

I recently updated my virus protection to the 2007 Norton Internet Security. Anyway, I did a full computer scan and it found a bunch of things called backdoor.trojan but the thing that caught my attention was the Trojan Horse. Anyway, it said it removed it but then I noticed my computer becoming unbearably slow. I restarted it and opened up my task manager and checked the Performance. I noticed that the commit charge (k) was increasing very fast. Once it reached a certain point, I would be forced to restart my computer. I ran the virus scan again and it found some more Trojan Horses and said it removed them but the commit charge is still going up and my computer still becomes slow. Also, the physical memory available decreases at about the same speed that the commit charge increases. I'm okay when it comes to computers but not with this stuff. Is there anyway to fix it without taking it somewhere? Should I just keep rerunning the virus scan? If someone can help but needs more information or whatever, just ask. Thanks

Have you tried running the scans in safemode?

F8 while your computer is booting up then selecting safemode from the menu.

Then run the virus scan.

Reboot and post here to tell us how things went.

The scan turned up with nothing. I rebooted and, sure enough, after about 15 or 20 minutes the commit charge increased, the physical memory decreased, and my computer starts to slow down.

Does it give a more specific name for the virus? What is the name of the process using the memory in Task Manager?

Try to post a HiJackThis log, if you can.

The names viruses on the list after yesterday's scan were just a bunch of "backdoor.trojan"s and "Trojan Horse"s. I opened up the process list and the process taking up the most memory usage is called "ccSvcHst[Caution: ExecutableFile]" under the username "System". The CPU usage is 99 at the moment and the memory usage is going up and up. It's at 69,000 right now but I remember it somewhere in the hundred thousands yesterday. As for a HiJackThis log, I'm clueless.

Run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and CCleaner.

They will get rid of any ad/spyware and CCleaner will make sure the reg files are clean.

Also make sure your virus definitions are all up to date.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I've taken all the advice on this page but none worked so I decided to google ccSvcHst and I came up with this page: http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/sho ... p?t=137085

Some people on there are having the same problems as me. I figure I'll probably end up uninstalling Norton after trying one last thing to fix my problem. Thanks for all the help!

Ah lol, you got a big problem my friend.

This executable is the main archive of Norton and many other Anti virus, it occupies a lot of space in the memory because is "figting" with the virus..

The solution is to google search information about that archive and visit the Norton page and search about this archive, you iwll then download and follow some instruction about clean this virus.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

I have just a few more questions. My problem has proceeded even though I've tried various ways of getting rid of it. I figure I'm probably going to have to uninstall and ask for a refund. First of all, is uninstalling and getting a refund the best solution as of now or does someone know a way of fixing it or just some alternative solution? My second question is: If I do uninstall and get a refund, then what should I get instead of Norton?

Norton is know by many to be a resource hog and to cause problems (also claimed to run perfectly by others). My personal experience with it is as the first, a worthless resource hog on multiple machines.

If scanning has found no infections, trying to uninstall it and seeing what happens would be the best bet. If your usage problems stop as soon as it's uninstalled, you have your problem.

AVG, Avast, Panda, Kaspersky and Nod32 make up some of the alternative free (and payed) AV programs out there. All have their own following but any of them would be a good choice.

Or, u can go into registry and delete any registry keys relating to the trojans, just remember to back them up in case u made a mistake. I tried this numerous times and it helped me remove programs that normally couldn't have been deleted if u just go into C drive. I got W32.spybot.worm along with trojan.dropper at the same time but got rid of them all down to the last file in 3 hours. Also, check, using search option in Start for any files made during the time the trojans were installed in ur computer. Some are non-damaging files, while others are trojan-related files. Remember not to go on the internet while removing those as some might auto download to repair themselves (which can be a real pain). Safe boot is recommended.

Its not advisable to go into the registry and manually delete things unless you know what you are doing. you can permanently mess up your PC by doing things wrong.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Or, u can go into registry and delete any registry keys relating to the trojans, just remember to back them up in case u made a mistake. I tried this numerous times and it helped me remove programs that normally couldn't have been deleted if u just go into C drive. I got W32.spybot.worm along with trojan.dropper at the same time but got rid of them all down to the last file in 3 hours. Also, check, using search option in Start for any files made during the time the trojans were installed in ur computer. Some are non-damaging files, while others are trojan-related files. Remember not to go on the internet while removing those as some might auto download to repair themselves (which can be a real pain). Safe boot is recommended.

The Trojan isn't the problem anymore. As far as I know (from what others with the same problem have said) is that Norton AV 2007 successfully got rid of all of the viruses I had but a bug in the program itself is causing my computer to fail.