A question about obtaining Cosmic, Law & Nature runes (f2p)

Eatmyshort0

Hi all,

I have a question about obtaining the following runes: Law runes, Cosmic runes, and Nature runes.

I am a f2p player, and i would like to know the best way to obtain these runes, without buying them. I know Cosmic runes and Nature runes spawn deep in the Wilderness, but I am only a level 36, and I find going in that deep too risky.

So, could any of you give me some advice on how to obtain these runes without having to buy them from members? Do you know any monsters that frequently drop these runes? Or can you tell me a safe place where they spawn?

Thanks in advance.

I find that hill giants in Varrock dungeon drop these fairly often. Also if you are needing big amounts I am sure there are a few members that are willing to sell you them at cost price. :P

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll await a few more suggestions.

I also would like to note that I am not going after thousands of these.... maybe 50 runes for both Cosmic, Law, and Nature, to give me a little stash.

Edit: Right after going to Lvl 47 wilderness I found getting the spawning Cosmics very easy, I got 30 of them before my food supply ran out, and an emerald from the Mysterious old man! :D . I guess my problem now only applies for Laws & Natures.

Eatmyshort0

Ankous (in the Stronghold of Security) drop law runes frequently, and there is a decent safe spot for range/mage:

sosss5nl.png

Not sure if your range or mage level is high enough to damage them much though.

OoC Overseer

137jq9.gif Eet mor kabbig! 137jq9.gif

... I guess my problem now only applies for Laws & Natures.

Have you tried tele-grabbing the Nature rune spawns?

IIRC, there are 2 piles of them on the little island, with 3 in 1 pile and 4 in another.

So it would cost you 2 law runes to get 7 Natures runes.

The danger is that multi-combat PKers could be nearby and the island is

guarded by Lesser demons so you would have to time your teles very carefully.

The "higher" level runes tend to drop from "higher" level F2P monsters.

So try Ice giants, Ice warriors, Moss giants, and Ankou for them.

Hope this helps

The wizards at the varrock circle drop runes fairly often: I don't know exactly how many of those kind you will get though. Besides that, deep wildy is the best way :shock:

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

Back in f2p I found that the blue wizards in the tower dropped more runes that the black ones in the circle, so you could try that too.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Thanks for the advice people, however I am not really looking to kill monsters for them as I am not planning to increase my combat level too soon... I am 36 combat with 40 mage, 25 defence, 28 Hp, and 27 prayer. I am mostly looking for ways to obtain nature runes so I can use them for both bind and stuff, and of course law runes for teleports but also telekenetic grab.

I think I'll try getting some chaos runes first in the wilderness, and then I'll see if telegrabbing the nature runes is worth it.

Again, thanks for your replies.

I think I'll try getting some chaos runes first in the wilderness...

IIRC, Chaos runes spawn in the Dark Warrior fortress (level 16 or so in wildy)

and in the central wildy (level 40 or so) guarded by Moss giants.

Hope this helps

Yeah, I tried the dark warrior castle before, but there are too many players so I have to teleport really really fast, not giving me a chance to get much runes.

I tried the Moss giants chaos spawn and it's great! There's almost nobody there, and if I see someone, I just log out and join a different world. Also, getting the sapphire from the spawn there is defanitely worth it, as well as the cosmic runes to the west.

I made one trip this afternoon, and in about 30 minutes, I gathered 66 chaos runes, 3 cosmic runes, and a sapphire, which, for me, as a casual f2p-er, is a huge amount! :D

Eatmyshort0

I highly recommend Hill Giants. They drop all three that you need. Though you probably could wait until you can kill the giant in a few easy hits.

B bones sell for great so you could just BUY nats, cosmic, and if your lucky laws (350ea in large amounts).

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide