Need help with getting my account back.

he_is_an_avalanche

No, I'm not asking for info because it was banned. It's that I have FORGOTTEN the password and haven't used it in over a year. Today I remebered he had a nice chunk of change on him, and decided to see excactly what it was. Low and behold, the password was wrong.

So I got my binder with my old info for the account(some over 5 years ago) and went to the runescape page to put it in. Wait..what is this? Every time I go to the page after I put in my reason and username the part of the page where I'd put all of the info turns into a red x. I tried re-loading the page, and nothing. I tried restarting the computer, same thing.

I can still play runescape just fine, so I'm not sure if it's my java or not. So what could be the cause of this?

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

I think you have to have JavaScript enabled in your browser. If it isn't that, then the password is wrong. Try logging in on another computer to see if its one of those problems.

Foooman.png

Fooo, it's not Javascript. It's Java that he has disabled or not installed. Go to the Sun Java Site and download it from there. It may require a restart once you've installed it.

Oh.. and wrong forum. This'd be better suited for the Tech & Computers forum. I'm sure a mod will whisk this away in no time.

*EDIT* Oh.. hm.. I missed the part where the poster said the game works just fine. Isn't there an option there that says "Just see a large gray box? Click here." Or something to that extent? Click that if it is.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Fooo, it's not Javascript. It's Java that he has disabled or not installed. Go to the Sun Java Site and download it from there. It may require a restart once you've installed it.

Oh.. and wrong forum. This'd be better suited for the Tech & Computers forum. I'm sure a mod will whisk this away in no time.

*EDIT* Oh.. hm.. I missed the part where the poster said the game works just fine. Isn't there an option there that says "Just see a large gray box? Click here." Or something to that extent? Click that if it is.

I clicked that, and it still re-freshes it with the red x.

And it can't be a wrong password, as you don't put in a password when you're sending in info to GET your password :lol:

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

Since it looks like this is more of a technical problem, I've moved it to Tech and Computers :) Hopefully one of our excellent techies can help you out :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

A red X usually means It failed to load not that there is a problem with Java as then it should be a gray screen. Try checking to see what errors have been thrown. [control pannel > Java (with XP) > advanced > java console > show] [or right click icon in system tray and open console] Post them and someone should be able to help you.

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_02

Using JRE version 1.5.0_02 Java HotSpot Client VM

User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Owner

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

p: reload proxy configuration

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to

----------------------------------------------------

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

actually, a better place would be java.sun.com, the official site is always best!

If you'd bother loading it and looking at it, it also owned and run by Sun MicroSystems, who also happen to own and run http://java.sun.com. Java.com is no different. It's the exact same company (Sun), it hosts the exact same installers and more than likely runs out of the same set of racks as the http://java.sun.com website.

Nitpicking the url to the exact same set of installers is a waste of time...