ice troll slaying for shields and money

Rudyaard

The best safe spot for ranging (for me) was the spot indicated in yellow -- range them over the river as well and you'll never run out of trolls.

What to bring additions...

20 law runes and 200 airs and 200 fires

-- to stay behind the rocks and grab the good drops

-- to alch lesser items like addy helms

-- grab all laws and nats

Enchanted Lyre

-- most players do not know you can make many enchanted lyres, I have 30 :lol:

-- recharge your lyre with bass and your ring of charos

-- use your lyre to tele back to the gate of Rellekka run north and then take ferry to the Nietisnot. Easy 1 click escape tele as well in case of emergency.

Don't forget that these trolls count for troll slayer assignments. Also it should be noted this is a -very- cost effective crystal bow training location. :thumbsup:

svenne.png

#14340th to 99 magic!! w000t

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only place they dont give exp is in the cave where you fight and kill 10 trolls with the help of the honor guard during the quest. All the others do give exp. Actually I understand the quest trolls dont give drops either.

All the drops for the trolls are still the same. In one slayer assignment for trolls I collected around 20 addy full helms, 4 mithril warhammers 7 addy wc axes, 4 rune warhammers 2 rune kites, 50 raw sharks 338 balls of wool, 120 seaweed, and a granite shield. Again thats in about 150 trolls - amazing really.

svenne.png

#14340th to 99 magic!! w000t

The only place they dont give exp is in the cave where you fight and kill 10 trolls with the help of the honor guard during the quest. All the others do give exp. Actually I understand the quest trolls dont give drops either.

All the drops for the trolls are still the same. In one slayer assignment for trolls I collected around 20 addy full helms, 4 mithril warhammers 7 addy wc axes, 4 rune warhammers 2 rune kites, 50 raw sharks 338 balls of wool, 120 seaweed, and a granite shield. Again thats in about 150 trolls - amazing really.

well the first day when i did the quest i got a back to back rune kite drop and my friend got a g shield drop in the cave so the must have changed it..

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

:shock: they drop that many rune kites? (hmmm... looks like im in need of one)

while i was doing the quest i got a rune warhammer from one of the ice trolls, i think it was female. also if you could post some more pics of inventories after you came back so all of us readers could see the avarage load that would be great.

one last question: at the start of your guide how did u tab in your table of contents??

newsignature1fs8.png

I'm ranging them myself. (Slayer FTW!). Got a rune kite and warhammer so far :D . And a 2nd warmhammer while i'm writing this :lol: . I think theese rule for slayer :thumbsup:

Nice guide, i got a neat safespot in the northwest... :XD:

Runescape membership: 5 Euro/month. Double RS joy: Priceless

transparencyby2.png

My drawings (like my sig)

Say something nice to the person above you

I was also disapointed with the no exp thingy, but:

The ice trolls outside the caves give experience.

Question - do they have the same great drops?

Someone found a safe way to slay them (outside the caves)?

Yes, they do give as good of drops. (I was going to bed, killing like 15, and got 2 Granite shields and 2 ranarr seeds... before that I got 1 rune kite and 1 rune warhammer).

As for safe place to kill them, I found a decent place... let me post it, gimmie a second.

Alright, got it. Here you go, freshly made :D.

FremmyIsles-1.png

i believe that on the spot circled you can range safely from the bridge havnt tried it out yet, but it probly will work.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Very good guide,i showed this to my mate,he got g shield on third kill. I killed a male for fun when i was doing a quest and i got a rune kite. I was like wtf,the good droppers drop this extremely rare. Lots of junk for alching,a life's supply of wool.

Also consider crystal bow for these outside of caverns(the yellow spot)

The long range really helps.

10/10 imo.

one and a half slayer assignment and i got:

7 rune kites

2 granite shields

500 balls of whool

100 raw sharks.

I think i found my new favourite assignment, now to sell those kites :ohnoes:

Runescape membership: 5 Euro/month. Double RS joy: Priceless

transparencyby2.png

My drawings (like my sig)

Say something nice to the person above you

nice drops sword!

anyway, great guide \' I think I will go there soon. But I did hear that they changed the drop rate..

DO you think mage would be good against them (overall, not the fact that I woudl spend more then I make)

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

• 3 weeks later...
DO you think mage would be good against them (overall, not the fact that I woudl spend more then I make)

I don't think maging them would be really effective, since they're trolls. and trolls have pretty high mage def

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

• 2 weeks later...

amazing guide, im there right now :mrgreen:

but you may want to include that they do not give xp in slayer if you have a troll assinment

edit: this is so weird, I killed like 20 males so far, all I got was big bones...

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

hey, I went to the mining caves and have just confirmed that you can get rune kites from females!

63herb3-1.jpg

good guide except sum english would be nice

i hate reading st00f liek r00n :wall:

its april fools joke

t-he = the

run-e = rune

hun-ter = hunter

63herb3-1.jpg

yeah the rune, hunter, the,like and stuff are anoying

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come