\../ Via Dolorosa \../ [78 con!] 2093/2277

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting closer, getting closer... Under 30% left and still kicking. Been working a bit on other skills, could get some easy levels in no time if I wanted to. Oh well, 3,820,532 farming xp to go. At average 7 herbs per seed that would mean approx 5950 kwuarm seeds, 2525 dwarf weed seeds, 4050 cadantine seeds or 9900 irit seeds. Think I buy some seeds when I can...

96 isn't too far away anymore, 470k xp to. Might sound a lot, but heck I've done over 9m xp so that's nothing. Free magic seeds anyone? Naw just kidding, I ain't taking donations.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Hey! I've read everything you wrote and find it quite interesting. Good luck on your amazing 99, i just wish i had some tree seeds lol. Anyways i think you should get 99 prayer and get the distraction out of the way then do 99 farm in one shot! Also when you DO get 99 u plan to climb the rank or let it go?

Also when you DO get 99 u plan to climb the rank or let it go?

Might keep doing herbs for cash and herblore xp. Ranks are a nice extra, but for top 21 you'll need over 20m xp when I hit 99...

signaturehoh.jpg

how much cash have u lost or will lose??

im planning on goin for 99 farm as efficent and fast and cheap as possible got any suggestions please?

good luck with 99 even thou i tihnk ive wrote it a few time son this thread... not far to go now ::'

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

im planning on goin for 99 farm as efficent and fast and cheap as possible got any suggestions please?

Fast and cheap in same sentence with farming is like low levels and Zezima: Just doesn't look right. Farming can be fast and dirty expensive or slow and profitable. Only tricks for saving money I can give are:

* Buy herb seeds in smaller amounts: merchants got many seeds but their prices are really high.

* Always use supercompost with trees (for oaks it's your own choice to use it or normal :P ), herbs and allontment. I personally like using watermelons for making super compost: they are good farming xp and cheap way to get super composts.

* From herbs, grow high lvl ones. Low lvl such as irit and avantoe are horrible xp and the profit isn't too great: no point to grow them. Ranarrs are profitable but slow xp, so it's up to you do you grow them or not.

* Never pay the farmer for looking after magic trees. It's cheaper to let one die every now and then than give 50k worth coconuts per seed.

signaturehoh.jpg

Fast and cheap in same sentence with farming is like low levels and Zezima: Just doesn't look right. Farming can be fast and dirty expensive or slow and profitable. Only tricks for saving money I can give are:

* Buy herb seeds in smaller amounts: merchants got many seeds but their prices are really high.

* Always use supercompost with trees (for oaks it's your own choice to use it or normal :P ), herbs and allontment. I personally like using watermelons for making super compost: they are good farming xp and cheap way to get super composts.

* From herbs, grow high lvl ones. Low lvl such as irit and avantoe are horrible xp and the profit isn't too great: no point to grow them. Ranarrs are profitable but slow xp, so it's up to you do you grow them or not.

* Never pay the farmer for looking after magic trees. It's cheaper to let one die every now and then than give 50k worth coconuts per seed.

thanks for the advice :) ill take it into account ... and gl again 8-)

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Finally 96. Only 3 levels to go. Not sure should I now start going for mad xp or still keep working on other skills too (got 80 con for example banked atm) and slowly bump farming up with herbs and some occasional fruit tree or tree seeds.

At this point I gotta thank those Seer bank dwellers who have sold me a lot of herb seeds. Even tho I've suffered from quite a lot of begging there, the seeds you've sold have helped me a lot. Thank you.

Also the post has grown quite big so I'll add some hide tags...

signaturehoh.jpg

Finally 96. Only 3 levels to go. Not sure should I now start going for mad xp or still keep working on other skills too (got 80 con for example banked atm) and slowly bump farming up with herbs and some occasional fruit tree or tree seeds.

At this point I gotta thank those Seer bank dwellers who have sold me a lot of herb seeds. Even tho I've suffered from quite a lot of begging there, the seeds you've sold have helped me a lot. Thank you.

Also the post has grown quite big so I'll add some hide tags...

Why don't you do a mixture of both? Buy snapdragon seeds, good exp (I think) and high profit if sold or made into pots, and with that money buy more supplies for magics/palms. Instead of letting one level take forever, make them all thake an avarage time and for the 98-99 throw the house out of the window :thumbsup:

sig4ej9.jpg

no tẻ̮̱̉o boca pa te xupar los cojones

Vold failed spanish class. I love Vold.

Why don't you do a mixture of both? Buy snapdragon seeds, good exp (I think) and high profit if sold or made into pots, and with that money buy more supplies for magics/palms. Instead of letting one level take forever, make them all thake an avarage time and for the 98-99 throw the house out of the window :thumbsup:

I got other skills to train too (for example got 98 prayer some weeks ago and burnt around 30m on that) and I grew magics and palms all the time, I'd lose a lot more than do from snapdragons. Also snapdragons are pain the backwindow to buy in big amounts for a price that lets you do reasonable profit.

Every now and then I'm spending some millions on tree/fruit tree seeds, for example just 10 mins ago burnt 3m on seeds. The point is that I can't afford power training yet: it would easily cost me 20-30 million to get 99 farming from this point if I wanted to.

signaturehoh.jpg

Very Nice! Your guide has made me start farming snaps. Pretty good money if you make nats while waiting.Thanks a ton for the guide and all your farming-related posts and good luck on those last three levels.

~Troy

john.jpg

^ Thanks Tiff <3:

wow another level,another awesomely vulger outfit :XD:

good luck hohto.if you have a party please let me come =P~ :pray:

The worse it looks the better it is. Dunno yet about a party, but getting 3 99 skills at once would be worth one, tho...

Very Nice! Your guide has made me start farming snaps. Pretty good money if you make nats while waiting.Thanks a ton for the guide and all your farming-related posts and good luck on those last three levels.

Good to see I didn't write it for nothing :P

So, finally broke the magical 10 million xp barrier. Only 3 levels and 3 million xp to go. Closer... closer...

signaturehoh.jpg

I must agree with you there, but how ever, taking in consideration that you get atleast 5 herbs per seed, and that at the most 10% of the herbs planted die, at 40k each you WILL make a profit, I've done this for a long time and my bank has not suffered at all, making me get easy herblore levels and the occassional farming one too.

Anyway, congratulations on the 10m farming exp, if exp was transferable I'd donate you my mere 700k exp.

Have fun leveling those 3 skills at the time, It'll sure be fun - I know from my range and prayer 99s which I got within 5 minutes from each other that it makes it a lot more special :D.

sig4ej9.jpg

I must agree with you there, but how ever, taking in consideration that you get atleast 5 herbs per seed, and that at the most 10% of the herbs planted die, at 40k each you WILL make a profit, I've done this for a long time and my bank has not suffered at all, making me get easy herblore levels and the occassional farming one too.

After some research (posted on these boards earlier) I ended up getting the average of 7 (rounded a bit up) herbs per seed. This test was done with over 1k seeds, so it's somewhat accurate :P Yea they would still be a bit profitable at even 50k per, but why to bother? I can get cheap kwuarms, cadantines, dwarf weeds and others too. I try to maximise the gp from snappies by growing them only at the my arm patch. The point is that I got other skills to train too so I can't spend every single gp on trees.

Also during the last months I've been looking closely at the tree seed prices to find the real time to buy them in mass amounts. There's just been one problem: the right time hasn't come. Good seeds are still so rare that their supply doesn't really meet the demand. If you wanna get magic for example for a reasonable price, you need luck. If you want to get them now and more than 1 or 2, you gotta pay big bucks to the merchants.

signaturehoh.jpg

But then again, money is there to be spent! And you certainly know that its not a skill that you can level fast and cost free.

Back to the snapdragons though, I find it easier to sell a ton of super restores than super sets, range pots, etc. You see people selling those all the time, at least I do. Where as super restore/prayer pots are ALWAYS high in demand, especially now that someone's going for 200m herby exp, I wouldn't suggest to anyone to try to get in the range pot buisness, this is only if you're planing to plant herbs, make pots out of them and sell for profit of course, if you would want just farming levels apart from anything else, dwarfweeds seem to be the number 1 choice now as many of them will be used up, plus they're 2nd best herb to plant exp wise. (check rs forums, herblore section if you're intrested about why dwarfweeds are going extint - lol).

Anyway whatever you do I wish you the best of luck, I already respect you so much for getting this far and to still be after the cape.

Good luck mate.

sig4ej9.jpg

ZASD

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

But then again, money is there to be spent! And you certainly know that its not a skill that you can level fast and cost free.

Amen, but like I said, I got other skills too :P You might see how my skill total is also going up during my quest on 99 farming, not just 1 or 2 skills. But yea, you're totally right, it can't be done cheaply and quickly. I've tried to find the middlepath with some random fruit tree/tree seeds while doing the herbs for cash.

signaturehoh.jpg

well done and good luck...how much are sprit seeds?

had afew but dropped em...:wall:

*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ~t a n k bser~

well done and good luck...how much are sprit seeds?

had afew but dropped em...:wall:

Untradeable, so they are worth just the xp they give.

signaturehoh.jpg

Getting closer to top 300. Currently ranked 308th and just around 1k xp away from the rank 307. Also lacking 81189xp from 300, but knowing the other training people, I'll probably need aroung 120k xp more. Also just a bit over 20% left, exactly 2,888,228xp. That looks pretty good :P

Next update will probably be when I join the top 300 farmer club or get the percentage to 80%, depending which one comes first. Shouldn't take too long tho.

signaturehoh.jpg

Finally over 80% done, feels good. :P For rank 300 there was a quite big fight, but eventually I got some more xp and can now say I won't be pushed back to 300s anytime soon. Also level is coming soon, only 263229 xp left. 97-98 Will be horrible: not maxed after it so it's mentally harder but the amount of xp is pretty sick. Oh well I've gotten to this point, I won't give up.

signaturehoh.jpg