New Farmer :P

sliferking1

ok im thinking about trying my hand at farming for a little while. Seeing as i am lvl 1 i will need some help on what i need to do so i can start out right. so im asking you guys if you have what it takes to help me out lol.

ps. i saw someone say that you can make 1M/hr with snapedragons. is this true?

slifer_king1.png

Visit all patches and put pineapples in the compost bin. Wait till you get super compost. Rake the allotment patches clean, treat with super compost and plant potatoes. Hit all 4 patches, do something else for a couple of minutes, I don't know how long potatoes take to grow. When they are done, harvest, rinse, repeat. Make sure you make/collect super compost every time you visit the patch, stock up on it as it is very usefull.

Once you can plant higher level seeds, do them, until you can farm herbs as well, include them in your farming run. When you can farm trees, xp can come at a fast, yet expensive pace.

I don't know wehter you can make that kind of money farming snapdragon, but you'll have some time figuring it out because it will take you some time to get that high. Earlier on, ranarr and toadflax give profit when farmed in most cases.

Pickpocketing master farmers in the time you wait for your crops to grow can be a great alternative to buying seeds you like. Stock up as much as possible!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

ok im thinking about trying my hand at farming for a little while. Seeing as i am lvl 1 i will need some help on what i need to do so i can start out right. so im asking you guys if you have what it takes to help me out lol.

ps. i saw someone say that you can make 1M/hr with snapedragons. is this true?

At current prices, you make about 92k/run (around 80k if you don't farm cactus spines and marigolds), and one herb run takes about 6 minutes. So, for every hour spent farming snaps, you'll make 920k. You can make around the same with ranarr or toadflax.

2dvjurb.png

but from lvl 1 farming how to i get to such a high lvl. in other words how would i start out period

Basically, you plant the best thing you can in all of your herb patches, allotment patches and tree/fruit tree patches. You'll need some farming equipment, which can be bought at a farming shop. For herbs and trees, always use supercompost on the patch before planting.

Use teleports and stuff to get to the patches, and read the tip.it farming guide.

2dvjurb.png

From level 1.

Go to catherby and buy all the pineapples you can. Go the the GE and buy some more until you have 60.

Use 15 of them on each compost bin. Then plant potatoes (buy the seed from the GE), buying the compost from one of the farm shops.

Play a minigame or do something for 40 minutes.

Now harvest and check the compost bins (the exp from bucketing and using the compost should get you to level 3 or 4 on its own).

At level 2 plant marigolds (stick with them all the way to 99 for the money).

As you level just keep planting the best you can.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

ok you guys need to be more specific. ur just saying plant this and this and this. ok thats good. but what about the patches? do i just find randome ones or what. i mean what are the locations i need to be farming at?

slifer_king1.png

ok you guys need to be more specific. ur just saying plant this and this and this. ok thats good. but what about the patches? do i just find randome ones or what. i mean what are the locations i need to be farming at?

You should read the tip.it guide.

2dvjurb.png

Look at Tip.it's farming guide.

Quick reference.

Falador patch, use cabbage teleport to get there then walk/run north.

Catherby patch, use camelot teleport then walk/run east.

Mort myre patch, ectophail (sp?) then walk/run west.

the other one (can't think of who to spell the name) fishing guild then walk south east.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Also, there are a bunch of quests that require a certain farming level, but also give farming xp. Two especially usefull quests are Fairy tale pt1 (magic secateurs increase crop yield) as it unlocks fairy tale pt2 which itself gives access to fairy rings (transport system). The other one is the Jade vine quest (don't know wether it is the corect name). Completing it unlocks the jade vine mini game. You earn farming and slayer exp every alternating day, at no cost!

Also, my Arms quest unlocks an extra herb patch which cannot get diseased, further increasing your profits from herb farming.

READ THE GUIDE! It is actually worth it.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Be wary of the profit people say you make as it gets confusing with farming.

You make about 1M per hour yes, but that hour is made up of 6 mins here and there. In real time it is a lot longer.

In reality it is roughly 90-100k per run, which is every 1hr and 15 mins. A nice supplement to doing things like fletching or cooking.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!