Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Millard

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its done nothing to differentiate itself from any other MMO apart from the promises.

Its gonna make warhammer fans go crazy, but im not one and im not interested in it.

Promises? Most of the content that they said will be in the game when they first announced it will be in it apart from the 4 classes and 4 cities which imo is no loss, especially in the early stages of the game.

Also i think it has got a pretty unique PVP system, all of the PVP will be world unlike WoW where nearly all PVP action is confined to Battlegrounds apart from the ocasional skirmish and a meeting stone which only last a couple of minutes.

keen.png

I agree with Krisc, it's the same situation pre-AoC, same questions, doubts, and concerns. No use discussing anything more than what we're shown, as anything else is just wasting time. I mean it's fun, but from past experiences I've lost the point in discussing it.

Its done nothing to differentiate itself from any other MMO apart from the promises.

Its gonna make warhammer fans go crazy, but im not one and im not interested in it.

Promises? Most of the content that they said will be in the game when they first announced it will be in it apart from the 4 classes and 4 cities which imo is no loss, especially in the early stages of the game.

Also i think it has got a pretty unique PVP system, all of the PVP will be world unlike WoW where nearly all PVP action is confined to Battlegrounds apart from the ocasional skirmish and a meeting stone which only last a couple of minutes.

the RvR pvp hasnt been fully shown and when they have shown it, it was completely broke at the time.Now there have bee reports they have cracked it and it does work but until i see someone other than a mythic employee playing the RvR pvp and the feature set that they want to establish is done, im not interested.

This stems from tabula rasa which i honestly thought would change everything in MMO's but it failed to meet the promises.And theyve set the precident for taking out content to finish the game .Im not saying it isnt going to be a good game, i just have doubt's, reservations and im not really interested in it at this point.

tifsdac6mc.gif

5zJdEeIrUv8

Combat System explanation.

- Three main parts of combat, Actions, Tactics and Morale

Actions are the basic skills a player gets as they level, class skills and all that.

Tactics you get as you level up, and you can choose from a pool of tactics depending on your race/class/archetype. These can be loaded up at any time (7 total, 4 "everything" 2 "PvP" and 1 "PvE") and will give you unique buffs. These can be changed anytime when you are not in combat so planning ahead will be necessary.

Morale you also get as leveling up, choosing from a pool of abilities. When in combat you will slowly build morale while you fight. There are 4 "stages" of it, each which you can have a morale ability placed on. Whenever you hit a stage, for example hit stage "2" of the bar you can choose to use that ability.

Players will NEVER be able to get all of the Tactics and Morale abilities, giving a sense of uniqueness (no word if they can be respeced).

There will also Talents such as in WoW and AoC.

adzIAvw5lU0

RvR podcast

- Content split into 4 tiers of PvP for each 10 levels.

- Lower tier PvP will help the warfront on the next highest tier (if you capture a T1 RvR spot it will help push the front forward a bit in the T2 content).

- Zones will have RvR and PvE content in them (not sure on PvP servers but IIRC they will be PvP everywhere and just RvR in certain spots) and as you progress through tiers more RvR content will show up and less PvE content will show up.

- T1 through T3 content will be a fight between two main zones (such as Orc vs Dwarves, Light elves vs Dark elves). You can actually capture the enemies zone (not sure on bonuses).

- T4 content is larger. Each side has two T4 zones, and then in the middle there is a neutral T4 zone. You must capture the neutral first, and then the enemies 1st T4 zone and then you can sack their capital.

- After a while (after a castle has been sacked) they will reset the T4 PvP back to the middle zone being neutral. Think of it almost as finishing a 'season' of football.

- Players will be able to PvE their way to 1-40 or can purely RvR their way 1-40. Of course the optimal way will be a mixture of both.

41RC8YV7Jnw

Comic Con 08 Interview with Ten Ton Hammer

tV8fOuUimLs

Preview of Chaos city

UI:

comic-con-war-ui-mod-425.jpg

"And though the UI layout felt similar to WoW, every frame on the screen is completely customizable in-game by dragging-and-dropping and resizing without the crutch of an outside mod or the knowledge of programming languages."

Tome of Knowledge:

comic-con-war-tok-quest-reward-425.jpg

Shows all sorts of quest info, lore info, ect.

Careers by Archetype

Armies | Tank |Melee Damage | Ranged Damage |Support

Dwarfs

Ironbreaker |Hammerer (Removed) |Engineer | Runepriest

The Empire

Knight of the Blazing Sun (Removed) | Witch Hunter | Bright Wizard | Warrior Priest

High Elves

Swordmaster | White Lion | Shadow Warrior | Archmage

Greenskins

Black Orc | Orc Choppa (Removed) | Goblin Squig Herder | Goblin Shaman

Chaos

Chosen (Male Only) | Marauder (Male Only)| Magus | Zealot

Dark Elves

Black Guard (Removed) | Witch Elf (Female Only) | Sorceress/Sorcerer | Disciple of Khaine

Comic CON 08 Talks about recent cuts [Cities and classes].

Figured I'd make up for the lack of an OP really explaining more about it. I'm also still holding my reservations about it but I'm still excited now that I've read up on it.

One thing though is continuing to retake capital cities over and over again. No matter what they put in to make it different, capturing the cities will get boring. Your home base city or capital city or whatever will as they said have tons of events in it, but having to defend it every few hours instead of enjoying the possible events may also be a conflict.

I just wonder how that will pan out.

One thing though is continuing to retake capital cities over and over again. No matter what they put in to make it different, capturing the cities will get boring. Your home base city or capital city or whatever will as they said have tons of events in it, but having to defend it every few hours instead of enjoying the possible events may also be a conflict.

I just wonder how that will pan out.

It'll take months to capture a home city. Once you get to their last zone in T4 content there will be 3 keeps you'll have to overtake as well.

Essentially the fight will take a while.

Also RvR just won't be on the chaos vs order front, it's on all the others as well just that the main city won't be there. There will still be the keeps you'll have to take and [cabbage].

And of course there are scenarios as well (RvR battlegrounds) that you can take place in if you want as well.

It'll take months to capture a home city. Once you get to their last zone in T4 content there will be 3 keeps you'll have to overtake as well.

Essentially the fight will take a while.

Thats why in some way im quite glad that they removed 4 cities from the original release as it would probaly take a hell of a lot longer to capture just one city if different guilds etc were working towards capturing different cities, especially since the amount for people playing the game will probaly be quite low in the first cuple of months with the release of WOTLK.

Also the maps/territory line stuff looks epic, imo thats the definition of world pvp.

keen.png

Months? Perhaps at first, but as with any game there's going to be game play strategies which make overtaking a city very easy. Not to mention the scenario where it's 500 Vs 100, even with those passives. Unless they are taking 5 people each...it'll be a massacre.

True, it probably will be quite awhile until proper fights are taking place at T3, and even longer for T4, I'd say 2-4 months of really playing (then again if it takes under a two months for 40 it will definitely be repetitive) will get you at T3-T4. I'm only guessing and contradicting myself to a post above, but I can see in 6 months when the game is broken down by players, not developers, how easily the players will find ways to overtake cities. I don't think it'll be a month by month thing to overtake cities, as said by whatever the guy's name at comic con, that they want people with families to enjoy it. Thus I'm thinking two weeks to a month to overtake a city.

What he said at comic con was just that he wants guys to not have to grind for ages to just get to the "fun" stuff.

You have to keep in mind that this is a push. Sure players will probably find out optimal strategies but remember that the OTHER side will have as well. You can't just run up and sack a city, you have to make it through two zones (a neutral and their own) and then have to get their 3 keeps or w/e down. And the enemy can very well push you back as well.

They talk about population differences as well in the comic con interview. Of course I think 500v100 is an obvious exaggeration.

Sorry for the whole White Knighting thing going on, but I can believe that it'll take a bit before a city is sacked. Especially watch the RvR podcast, it explains it well.

Thats why in some way im quite glad that they removed 4 cities from the original release as it would probaly take a hell of a lot longer to capture just one city if different guilds etc were working towards capturing different cities, especially since the amount for people playing the game will probaly be quite low in the first cuple of months with the release of WOTLK.

Also the maps/territory line stuff looks epic, imo thats the definition of world pvp.

There still will probably be a lot of PvP going on elsewhere as well, just you can't take the actual city yet.

As far as World PvP goes, I must say I was skeptic. To me the game sounded like it was based off of nothing but scenarios and such which, quite honestly, sounded boring. I'm a person who enjoys open world PvP more then anything else so I'm so excited to hear that the majority of RvR will be "world" RvR.

Sorry for the whole White Knighting thing going on, but I can believe that it'll take a bit before a city is sacked. Especially watch the RvR podcast, it explains it well. .

Don't worry, most of us lived through it for AoC, I'm sure we'll get by with it for WAR. :D

You can't just run up and sack a city, you have to make it through two zones (a neutral and their own) and then have to get their 3 keeps or w/e down. And the enemy can very well push you back as well.

True, yet do you expect that to take a week, or more? You log off, and it isn't paused for you, it keeps going. Basically at peak times one side can definitely out-number the other side, and like the guy said it's not limited to a 1k cap. I'd expect less than 4 fours to kill off one of the sub-cities, or obtain one. Another four hours, and I'll say 10 hours to completely obtain the capital. 18 hours, and you go through almost a complete day. With time zones things could get murky as well. And if there's a consistent percent of players online through-out the hours, I can imagine it'll be one-sided for the majority, perhaps even until inside the capital.

Or there could be more player skill involved, but that just opens the door to Yomi layers, and a dulled down game of Starcraft...Honestly I can so see it being counters to counters, builds to builds which land the outcome of the fights, usually happens with auto-attacking...

Good that it's below $40, and the monthly fee is cheap too. =)

I [bleep]ing hate EA, making us pay double for an MMO from the outset and no doubt that the monthly fee will also be more expensive for us.If you cant support the european region more by trying to make the price point more reasonable than costing double the price , then theres no reason i need to support your products EA.Oh and yeah [bleep] you again EA for making rockband cost double in the UK and limiting the distribution to only 360 for a while.

Evil Avatar needs to sort out there distribution system beause shafting europeans with delayed release dates and higher prices may work for consoles but it does not work in MMO's, especially when your working on a subscription model, if it was micro transactions then there would be no need to complain but i [bleep]ing hate what EA do.Oh and activision can go [bleep] themselves for destroying the guitar hero brand...

tifsdac6mc.gif

I don't think EU customers have to pay twice as much. I don't know where Skate got under $40 from as the article is in Pound Sterling.

And meh EU customers always have to pay a bit more for the monthly subscription, probably for the cost of having different servers in different places.

Anyways already found the game for £29.

keen.png

Idk, Warhammer hasn't really stood out and made me want it yet. Maybe i'm just getting tired of switching MMO's because they end up sucking. Being made by EA this is not giving me high hopes. I truly dislike EA, i think they make horrible games now and havn't actively played an EA game since 2002 with Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

This game looks VERY much like WoW to me. Maybe a few cherries in the basket to make it stand out more, but to me its WoW 2.0. Whoopie. If anything i'd play it because it has a lower monthy fee then every other game out there.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Idk, Warhammer hasn't really stood out and made me want it yet. Maybe i'm just getting tired of switching MMO's because they end up sucking. Being made by EA this is not giving me high hopes. I truly dislike EA, i think they make horrible games now and havn't actively played an EA game since 2002 with Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

It's being made by Mythic, not EA. Mythic is as much of a part as EA as Valve is a part of EA.

This game looks VERY much like WoW to me. Maybe a few cherries in the basket to make it stand out more, but to me its WoW 2.0. Whoopie. If anything i'd play it because it has a lower monthy fee then every other game out there.

20060410.jpg

The game is not like WoW. It visually is like WoW just because Blizzard copied the warhammer franchise for warcraft. The content and game is actually quite different from WoW (aside from them both being MMORPGS).

[hide=]

It's being made by Mythic, not EA. Mythic is as much of a part as EA as Valve is a part of EA.

20060410.jpg

The game is not like WoW. It visually is like WoW just because Blizzard copied the warhammer franchise for warcraft. The content and game is actually quite different from WoW (aside from them both being MMORPGS).

[/hide]

you're my hero.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.