Tokyo Game Show 2008

ReapMe

October 9-12

Plenty of sites are covering this so it's not hard to get info, you should check out some of the trailers and gameplay at gametrailers

Microsoft's Keynote/Announcements

1. Tekken 6 Announced as coming to Xbox 360.

* A previous Playstation 3 exclusive, Microsoft has confirmed that the game is indeed coming to the Xbox 360. It should be noted that it will release day and date with the Playstation 3 version. For those counting, Tekken has never come to the Xbox platform.

2. Ninety Nine Nights II announced, developed by Feel Plus

* An interesting choice of a new announcement is sure to gain hype in the future. Ninety Nine Nights was one of the best selling Xbox 360 games in 2006, and was responsible for a strong increase in hardware sales. Even more notable than that (the title was mediocre in quality), is the fact that Phantagram is not helping develop the title. Feel Plus is quoted as being the developer - The same Microsoft supergroup that helped bring Mistwalker's Lost Odyssey to the market. So this is very good news for action RPG fans.

3. Last Remnant Debuting November 20th in Japan. Exclusively on Xbox 360 on date

* Please don't confuse this with an "Only on Xbox 360" announcement - As far as the info we have received goes, it only suggests that The Last Remnant is indeed not coming to the Playstation 3 this year, or at the time the X360 version is.

4. Star Ocean 4 Dated in Japan (Feb 19th) and North America (Mar 2nd)

* For those interested, will be happy to know that Star Ocean has a confirmed date for both markets. This is great considering that Star Ocean 3 took an extreme 1 year and 6 months to come to the USA.

5. 5 new XBLA games announced

* DS/PSP title Space Invaders Extreme was announced for XBLA. It's already out for both the PSP and DS.

* Araknoid Live is also coming to XBLA, and features 120 stages, co-op game play and classic graphics (MM9 ring a bell).

* SNK Playmore announced Metal Slug 7 , a DS title, is coming to XBLA as well as King of Fighters '98. Fans of KoF are excited, I am sure.

* R-Type Dimensions is coming to XBLA as well. Looks to be a port.

6. NXE (Next Xbox Experience) Slated for release on November 19th.

* Interestingly enough, Kotaku claims that the press/viewers of the conference were rather impressed with the NXE showing. Is it mere coincedence that it's launching a day before The Last Remnant?

7. Halo Wars slated for 'early 2009' release.

* No other "real" details for Halo Wars other than an '09 release date. Seems there was a good video for it.

8. Halo 3 Recon Announced for Fall 2009.

* It's the Halo 3 prequel, folks. If your a Halo 3 fan, this is major news. Unfortunately, since this is a Tokyo based show, I am only worried about J-Centric news :-P

Microsoft's Lineup

[hide=]

- FIFA 09

- Mirror's Edge

- Bionic Commando

- Street Fighter IV

- Resident Evil 5

- Otomedius G

- Silent Hill : Homecoming

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

- Star Ocean : The Last Hope

- The Last Remnant

- Bayonetta

- Sonic Unleashed

- Dynasty Warriors : Gun dam 2

- Ninja Blade

- Fallout 3

- Race Driver Grid

- Fable 2

- Banjo Kazooie : Nuts & Bolts

- Far Cry 2

- Tom Clancy's HAWX

- Tom Clancy's EndWar

- Prince of Persia

- Saints Row 2

[/hide]

Sony News

1. Star Ocean 4 making it's way to ps3

2: PSP Plus = dual shock to the psp :lol:

Sony's lineup

[hide=]

ps3 games

- FIFA 09

- Street Fighter IV

- Resident Evil 5

- Lumines Super Nova

- Metal Gear Solid Online

- Way of the Samurai 3

- Sonic Unleashed

- Socom : Confrontation

- PlayStation Home

- Dokodemo Issho

- MotorStorm Pacific Rift

- LittleBigPlanet

- Resistance 2

- WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009

- Dynasty Warriors : Gun dam 2

- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm

psp games

- Devil Kings : Battle Heroes

- Dynasty Warriors Multi Raid

- Warriors Orochi 2

- Kingdom Hearts : Birth by Sleep

- Dissidia : Final Fantasy

- Secret Agent Clank

- Ape Quest

- Patapon 2

- Bleach : Soul Carnival

- Dokodemo Issho

- Yusha no Kuse ni Namaikida 2

- LocoRoco 2

- The Idolmaster SP

- Mobile Suit Gun dam : Gun dam Vs. Gun dam

- Tales of the World : Radiant Mythology 2

- 1 unannounced PS3 game from IREM

- 1 unannounced PS3 game from Konami

- 9 unannounced PS3 games + 3 unannounced PSP games from Sony Computer Entertainment

[/hide]

News from Nintendo

No More Heros 2 Debut

Monster Hunter 3

Dead Rising Sonic Unleashed

Little King's Story

Muramasa: Demon Blade

Tales of Symphonia

Sonic and the Black Knight

Tenchu 4

i'll get them as they show up

More to come, this is an ongoing event. Personally i'm interested if team ico is going to debut their game.

What?

m_theory11.png

* It's the Halo 3 prequel, folks. If your a Halo 3 fan, this is major news. Unfortunately, since this is a Tokyo based show, I am only worried about J-Centric news :-P

God, Bungie better have the best game comeing out then. I even have to choose between Halo Wars or Halo 3: Recon. Maybe I have to save my money closer to that day.

Monster Hunter 3

OMG!!

I loved the first one! I am praying this ends up on PS3...

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

God, Bungie better have the best game comeing out then. I even have to choose between Halo Wars or Halo 3: Recon. Maybe I have to save my money closer to that day.

Halo 3 will be dead longggggggg before then.

Nothing would have come close to the new Team ico gameIF SONY HAD [bleep]ING ANNOUNCED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: Holy crap i want that game so bad and i havent even seen it, ico and shadow of the collosus are in my top few games and weve heard from people who have seen it running and have played it...looks like ill have to wait longer -.- Rumours have it ,its called "The Queen" since they leaked some artwork from a japanese design competition based on team ico's new game and it had an image of some crashing waves and a cliff face in like cool blue tones

tifsdac6mc.gif

Wow, they're not done with halo yet? A prequel and an alternat story line game...

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course they'd go on with Halo. There's no way Microsoft is just gonna drop a huge profit series like Halo. I wouldn't be surprised if it became like Zelda with more prequels, sequels, middle stories, alternate story lines, and prequels to the alternate story lines, and sequels to all them...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

psp games

- Devil Kings : Battle Heroes

- Dynasty Warriors Multi Raid

- Warriors Orochi 2

- Kingdom Hearts : Birth by Sleep

- Dissidia : Final Fantasy

- Secret Agent Clank

- Ape Quest

- Patapon 2

- Bleach : Soul Carnival

- Dokodemo Issho

- Yusha no Kuse ni Namaikida 2

- LocoRoco 2

- The Idolmaster SP

- Mobile Suit Gun dam : Gun dam Vs. Gun dam

- Tales of the World : Radiant Mythology 2

GAH! i am so angry right now

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Wow, they're not done with halo yet? A prequel and an alternat story line game...

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course they'd go on with Halo. There's no way Microsoft is just gonna drop a huge profit series like Halo. I wouldn't be surprised if it became like Zelda with more prequels, sequels, middle stories, alternate story lines, and prequels to the alternate story lines, and sequels to all them...

only two games have an actual sequel with the same settings... Oot and MM, WW and PH.

Why do you keep praying/preaching the demise of Halo? I mean, I know you don't like the game, but just leave it be, you act as if every game that is released on the 360 will be better.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Why do you keep praying/preaching the demise of Halo? I mean, I know you don't like the game, but just leave it be, you act as if every game that is released on the 360 will be better.

*sighs*

It WILL be dead long before then. Most people that play it now are just going for achievements .. Point is its not going to last much longer before its dead. ALOT better games coming out this year as it is .. With much better map makers.

Oh and an $60 expansion pack when the makers don't even know the difference between wow and warcraft 3.

*sighs*

It WILL be dead long before then. Most people that play it now are just going for achievements .. Point is its not going to last much longer before its dead. ALOT better games coming out this year as it is .. With much better map makers.

Oh and an $60 expansion pack when the makers don't even know the difference between wow and warcraft 3.

Just because you repeat something over and over again, doesn't make it true. Not even if you yell it really loud IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS and put your fingers in your ears. Trust me. "Most people that play it now are just going for achievements" - Sorry, that claim is just laughable.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

*sighs*

Just because you repeat something over and over again, doesn't make it true. Not even if you yell it really loud IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS and put your fingers in your ears. Trust me. "Most people that play it now are just going for achievements" - Sorry, that claim is just laughable.

Sorry .. But its not .. Being a member of multiple achievement communities.

[hide=]

*sighs*

Sorry .. But its not .. Being a member of multiple achievement communities.

[/hide]

Oh yes, because you're a part of groups of people who play to get achievements automatically means absolutely noone plays for fun anymore? Jesus Christ man, think before you post. People will still be playing the game when Recon comes out, and no matter how many time you pull the "False-Nostradamus-Doomsayer" card, it's gonna stay that way.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Oh yes, because you're a part of groups of people who play to get achievements automatically means absolutely noone plays for fun anymore? Jesus Christ man, think before you post. People will still be playing the game when Recon comes out, and no matter how many time you pull the "False-Nostradamus-Doomsayer" card, it's gonna stay that way.

Use a little brain power .. And think .. Its from MY experiences .. And getting called a [bleep] and all sorts of [cabbage] down the mic every time I play I don't really class as fun either.

Use a little brain power .. And think .. Its from MY experiences .. And getting called a [bleep] and all sorts of [cabbage] down the mic every time I play I don't really class as fun either.

Well then, stop taking personal experiences and trying to pass them off as fact. Just because you won't be playing it by the time Recon comes out, doesn't mean everyone else will stop.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men