[VIDEO] Verbal step-by-step instruction video: Puzzles

Sunli

I wanted to make an instruction video for some friends that are having problems solving the treasure trail puzzles. They are really very easy to solve, but trying to explaine how to go by it, is not so easy in written.

Please dont mind my accent (im more used to type in english then to speak it outloud), or the low sound-quality - its my first attempt in making such a video and im not quite familiar how to use Camtasia just yet.

Please watch the video and let me know if you found it helpfull!

http://www.screencast.com/t/WlkaqZG9ZM0 <---- In English

<--- På norsk (In norwegian)
  • Like 1

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Yes gal! Thank you I've always had trouble with puzzles and that made them look easy :D

• Like 1

bramady2xg.jpg

Ha! RS name is Bramady. Yell gidday if you see her as she's probably just risen from the dead or heading off to die. Blimmin cat should stay home....out of trouble. And that nice Mr Pup found her again. Ain't he choice!

wow Sunli I like the way you explain the tile "sequencing", getting them in the right order before you put them into place. I also like the "climb into place" phrase - it is a very good description!

I have been following the top 3 rows, lower left six and lower right four method for four years, but I am going to try your way of doing the lower left six one vertical pair at a time and see if that works better. I'll try to report back.

Video was great! (Except of course for using another fansite's puzzle lol :-# :-w)

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Video was great! (Except of course for using another fansite's puzzle lol :-# :-w)

Thanks guys! I was hoping my video would be helpfull!

Oh and dont worry about using another fansites puzzles lol; I just loved the fact that they have puzzles you can practise on! Thank you draynor.net :thumbsup:

rejna.png

-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

First i have to admit, thats exactly the same puzzle-solving method i use so there was nothing new to me in this video.

But still its nice of you to provide a verbal explanantion for those who are too lazy to read/understand the several guides out there.

O and btw, its ok, my accent is worse ;)

First i have to admit, thats exactly the same puzzle-solving method i use so there was nothing new to me in this video.

But still its nice of you to provide a verbal explanantion for those who are too lazy to read/understand the several guides out there.

O and btw, its ok, my accent is worse ;)

I dont think its so much lazyness but perhaps more language-barrier and reading skills. Some of my youngest friends in runescape are between 8 and 11, some norwegian some danish and some swedish.

I was also planning on making same video in norwegian for those kids =)

rejna.png

• 2 weeks later...
Video will be very helpful to our users after consideration by the PMG mods this deserves to be sticky! :thumbup:

Vey nice! I have made an norwegian version as well, and edited that in my first post. Thanks Val :)

rejna.png

Those puzzles are easy as hell, they only take 5 mins. I don't see the need for this, though I appreciate the effort and must say "nice guide" - what I found on Zybez was a few lines that really are the key: do the top row, then the second, then the third, then the bottom left 2x2, then the rest.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Nice goude, i knew it all ready but still i constantly get private messages from friends who need help with them.

oh and btw, Danmark > Norge :twss:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Nice goude, i knew it all ready but still i constantly get private messages from friends who need help with them.

oh and btw, Danmark > Norge :twss:

Det Bittelille landet Danmark større enn Norge! Heck no! :shame: Norge > Danmark :D

[Translated]

rejna.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice guide you've made, suited me perfectly that you made a norwegian one :thumbsup:

Kjempe guide med andre ord :D

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Nice guide you've made, suited me perfectly that you made a norwegian one :thumbsup:

Kjempe guide med andre ord :D

Glad den var til hjelp :D

(Happy it was usefull!)

rejna.png

• 6 months later...

You totally rock! I couldn't do these puzzles until I watched your video explanation. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup: =D> =D> =D> :thumbsup:

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Take care where you cross over. ~ S. Brewer