Old and New Emotes -- Simple Solution.

darthkj

If you're like me and have been playing for some years, you'll remember the "old" emotes before they updated them in 2008.

I've heard many people ask for them back, some asking for two icons of one emote (One for the New version, one for the Old version)

Some emotes were perfect in my opinion(like Dance \' ).

Jagex should enable Players to be able to the old Emotes by Right-clicking on the emotes (Such as Dance, Zombie Walk, Angry, Cheer, Goblin Salute etc)

and select "Dance (Old)" or something like that (Obviously instead of "Dance" it will replaced by the emote name :thumbsup: ).

Like so:

dance_old1113379718.png

Of course, this wouldn't happen for the Holiday Emotes as they haven't been updated ;)

This shouldn't be so hard, I'm pretty sure they would've kept the old emotes somewhere in their files ::'

~Or~

Or as a friend of mine (EJ) said, we could have it in a similar fashion to the Lunar, Magical or Normal Spellbooks;

You talk to someone (Party Pete most likely) to swap them around.

When you get tired of the current emotes, go talk to Party Pete to swap them around!

Thanks EJ for the idea! =D>

As so with the chatbox: (Yes I know its not the best fake but yea :-# , Please don't rate the fake ;) )

partypete_emote1339064983.png

~Darth

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But only if you've been around enough to know the difference.

I think Party Pete still does the old dance, along with all the knights.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Sounds like an awesome idea, i'd love to see the old dance and laugh once again. :thumbup:

Thanks Daxter ::'

Good idea, I support it :thumbup:

Than Ddraiggoch :)

I agree and support.

Just 1 thing- What about the 'jig' emote? If I'm not wrong it had been updated 3 times so far...

As far I as I can remember Jig just used to be one when your character jumped out and down, then it changed to the Irish Jig we have now... (Even RS Wiki says that)

But if it has been updated 3 times, I'll let Jagex decide ;)

A friend of mine had an idea:

Or as a friend of mine (EJ) said,

we could have it in a similar fashion to the Lunar, Magical or Normal Spellbooks;

You talk to someone (Party Pete most likely) to swap them around.

When you get tired of the current emotes, go talk to Party Pete to swap them around!

Thanks EJ for the idea! =D>

~Darth

Why do so many people care so much about these stupid emotes? Since my first account in late 2004 the ammount of times they have been redone is ridiculous. Give skillcape's operate the emote, make quest emotes used through talking to npcs, and turn that icon space into something useful please.

quit

Why do so many people care so much about these stupid emotes? Since my first account in late 2004 the ammount of times they have been redone is ridiculous. Give skillcape's operate the emote, make quest emotes used through talking to npcs, and turn that icon space into something useful please.

Most Players love emotes, It allows us to express ourselves more that just doing things similar to ":]" or the like.

For example, at parties, Most people do emotes because they're having a fun time.

If we had to do Quest emotes via talking to NPCs, it would get rather annoying.

Secondly, What do you propose for that space?

If Jagex need to save space, They'll probably re-introduce the old "Player interface" where Run, Emotes etc are in one tab (as you probably know ::' )

~Darth

i agree, the old dance emote was perfect, my suggestion is that jagex puts more "emote enchancing" clothing into the game, but instead of "enhancing" the emote, your character will perform the old version of any emote.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]