>> Construction << Taking it to the Next Level

smrf3131

ok i have this idea for construction, so im just gunna say the basic idea of it and if people like it ill gladley expand it, so unlike my other topic i wont expand it if you guys dont like it.

Idea-

For construction each player will be aloud to build stuff outside fo their houses.

U will be able to build stuff like shelters, chairs to sit in and regain health/run, tables to talk at(maybe play a game at??).

Chairs- the chairs can be made from planks, and u can sit in them to regain health, or regain run, or maybe just to sit in them. If you are attacked while in them u will get up and attack the thing attacking you. Random events cannot happen when your in the chairs. You will be able to build better chairs if oyu have higher con lvls and this will allow your run and health to go up higher.

Shelters- Shelters are thing that range from one square wide to 4 squares wide, (changes with con lvls) they are like barricades surrounding you, a person/NPC must fight through a wall of the shelter to get to you. You are not aloud to attack from the shelter. Some shelters may also have tops that protect from mage/range attacks. The shelters will range form clay-wood-brick-marble-to stronger wood.

Also, their are different types of shelters, shelters that fly flags, shelters that regain your prayer while in them, shelters that can only be attacked by range/mage for a while, shelters that can only be attacked by melee. To avoid lag players sheleter must be atleast 4 squares away from eachother and any other object. However, people can add on to your shelter and make a giant.....Fortress if you will. This is stopped with a 10 person minimum.

Tables- Tables are made basically for games, games will be able to be bought at the burthropes games room from winning a certain amount of tickets, and yes these games can be played ne where, as long as you make 2 chairs and a table.

What do you think, shoudl i expand, DEATIL???PICS???RULES???

I think the idea is still a little rough and not very detailed in how to reach your plan. Furthermore you want to expand on a very new skill.

However i like the idea (although I am f2p and will thus not benefit from it...but I don't really care and I think you p2p should even have more possibilities). Maybe you can up with details on how much wood is needed, lvl of construction needed etc. I don't really see the purpose of the shelter, so maybe you could give more details on that.

Something you might want to add:

Create your own fish-pond...to catch your lobs at home. Of course you start with shrimp and slowly go up....although shark in your back yard might be a little over the top. You could either buy young fish in the new (to be created) pet-store or maybe fish and put them in the pond and let them grow there.

In the pet store you could also buy chickens and have them in a containment in your back yard...nice for your personal supply of feathers.

(I might start a new topic on the pet shop)

Good luck with your idea....I think if you work on it people might get interested.

logohekatetip.jpg

This idea could turn into something good

I like the idea that you can casually meet up with friends and have him/her build a shelter to "Chill Out".

Maybe a player can build a flatpack shelter and there would be a dozen "shelter hotspots" around the world where a player can set up their shelter from the flatpack. If a owner wanted a friend to come in, the owner would have to be in the shelter and the friend would use a sort of miniature potral near the hotspot, and you would enter in your friends name and travel to his shelter.

A sort of a miniature house if you will

I'll be watching this idea with very eagar eyes.

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

Hi looking forward to more details on you construction idea!!!!

i submitted the animal care taking skill as suggestion, also started small but now it is much more detailed.

animal care taking skill

I added a link to your thread....so try to work on it because I think you might get even better ideas when you really start thinking about it.

logohekatetip.jpg

I can see people getting really pissed of when someone builds a 4 square shelter at the fire giants.

I can see people getting pissed off if you build a shelter pretty much anywhere. Think about 4 people getting together and build a 8x8 fortress in the middle of varry west bank World 1. :XD:

Cowmasta13.png

I guess he needs to pay a little attention to the details.

The shelter idea could be applied in a team-based minigame. Where both teams can built a fortress in a certain amount of time that need to be captured by the other team.

After that the teams agree on a item they play for. This means that every team need a number of that item equal to the number of players in the team. For instance a 4 on 4 battle with dragon b axe at stake means that every team has to place 4 dragon b axes in the shelter. This way every player in the winning team will get the reward.

Maybe this is a way to avoid "in-world" mayhem.

logohekatetip.jpg