tutorial for basic anatomy and shading

gorufriders

hello and welcoem to my tutorial im showing the basics of anatomy and shading

anatomy=A

shading=B

ANATOMY

for anatomy you will need a reffrence i suggest a body-builder and ur own common sence (hope all u got that)

1st. start buy drawning ur line work then take the darkest colour u want u use (unless your using black then take the next) and draw the darkest parts of the mucles liek that use ur reffrence to know where those are it should look somthing like this

untitled12mk.png

don't worry about the hand at this point i don't make the hand till later but thats a work habit u'll develop on ur own

ok once u have got that done you fill in all wight spots with ur next darkest colourit should look some what like this

untitled10ht.png

okay u start shading to learn how look at the shading section (below to do it right)okay take ur next darkest and u put it where the is ur 2nd darkest u most you most do it right or it won't like good it will like look ur every day cartoon shading and ruin it. it shoud look some what like this

untitled16lh.png

you might be thinking now it looks like crap but there is somthing u still got to do is take ur lightest and darkest colour light then ur lightest and a almost blacky colour -you don't need the blacky one depending on how dark ur making everything but u do need the lightestand. just dot it around in the colour its closest to it colour and then u got ur finished product and it should like close to this

untitled8ri.png

hint: u may seen on ur reffrence lots of colours just look at the dark spots and make them ur dark spots on urs because u don't need a million colours to make it beautifle

SHADING

you'll commen sence again and paint or wat ever u use

first you must see how it works

the light will fade threw out the sig if u only have the one light source if u have 2 it will still fade but not as much because there's more light and same thing works as if its full morning dusk or night the shading will get darker, if u aren't following me with the fading heres a pic to show u

untitled17jp.png

there farther the light source the more it fades if u still arn't following then go in to a large square room and take a candle light the candle in the middle and set it on the floor u will notice that the light waves slowing dim and some spots with not get light

now that u know lets get to it

u remember the dark lines i post in the anatomy well the lighter u light source the light those get so that means u colour code goes up and if ur really close then ur lightest colour might be white don't afraid to experiment with with and the level of the darkness with ur sig or pic

now that u got ur dark lines like above now u do the next darkest then the next and i said u kinda have to do it right unless it'll look like crap

well ill just show u

untitled18tk.png

see how some lines go off in like diffrent direction and like branch out thats wat i mean notice how on the finished product it like softens it if u did ur basic shading u learn in other tutorials for stuff like this the it kinda reacts it the shading is for more cartoonie and cloths

and feal free to experiment

hope u like the tutorial im not good at the long speachs (typing, i fell asleep last time i made one so tell me about any mistakes i made)

u can use the line work if u want just pm me and ill give it to you to experiment

sig and avy by born2die

ew harry arms!!!!!!lol i might add that
Are you a girl? Or prepubescant, the latter of which I am guessing. And besides it's not the hair that we're looking at it's his muscles. The bulged muscle in your forearm looks ridiculous (as there is very little muscle in the forearm, it's almost all tendons and ligaments), just thought you might like something for future reference.

Ahhhhrrrrrgggg my eyes!!!!

please pop it into spell check PLEASE!!

I don't claim to be the greatist speller ever or even close to that but you need to rework some of your steps... I could barely understand them :?

still the final peice of work was nice and i did like the step by step pics... just rework a little of the grammer

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

ew harry arms!!!!!!lol i might add that
Are you a girl? Or prepubescant, the latter of which I am guessing. And besides it's not the hair that we're looking at it's his muscles. The bulged muscle in your forearm looks ridiculous (as there is very little muscle in the forearm, it's almost all tendons and ligaments), just thought you might like something for future reference.

jeeze and godslayer tells me to do it this way then blazer this way!

wat way!!!!

sig and avy by born2die

Yeh, that forearm is way off.

Still the thing that bothers me the most is your "light source". You have drawn a source yet the picture in now way reflects that "choice".

Godslayer told you to put a massive lump in the forearm? Well I'll be...

a mothers donkay

sean_96.JPG

now you look carefully at what muscle is and what isn't.. the wrist for example isn't a muscle.. well not a train-able one.

that and your palet, i think you need to give propper "made by" to the person who made the palet.

image53yc.png

by me...

an artist never forgets his work, be it palet or anything.

signature_1.gif

it doesnt really matter, the complexion is the same, the color shift hell look at his avy.. taking something and altering it slightly doesnt make it his.

look i dont mind if you used it for inspiration and such but don't take it directly, no charges or hard feelings from my side, just don't do it again...

if you do then ask for premission and sign it with a propper thanks Mckay?

:wink: :P :)

signature_1.gif