Making a Foolproof RuneScape Password

dberg20

Here are some easy steps that can help you decrease your chance of your account being hacked. This method is 100% safe, so you won't have anything to worry about.

Steps to Creating a Perfect Password

1) Find a password generator on the web. Two great ones I have found is PC Tools Password Generator (recommended), and Good Password Generator.

2) When you reach these generators, I'd recommend making your password over 10 characters, but no more than 15. You may use punctuation and digits in your password, but RuneScape passwords are NOT case-sensitive.

3) Once you have your password, open up the Notepad, Wordpad and Word work fine, but I choose Notepad.

4) Paste your password (and bank pin [optional]) on the document, then press "Enter" twice so you have a decent space between your password and the next line.

5) Now if you are on Notepad, type .LOG, .LOG generates every date and time the file is opened, so you can check when you've (or someone else) has reached the file.

6) Now don't go save the file into My Documents, as that would be utterly foolish, and easy to access for anyone who wants your password, such as a friend or a hacker.

7) Go to "My Computer", then to "C:", then choose a folder to save your password in. You could go to "WINDOWS", "Program Files", or another child folder.

8) Now we need to save the password as something that isn't easily recognizable to an inexperienced hacker. You could go with a random thing like "34234.txt", or a common expected name, similar to the one I choose of (settings.ini.txt), or similar, use your creativity on this one.

9) Now if you want your password in writing, in real life, then there are several methods you can use. Simply, you can just write it on a small piece of paper and hide it, this isn't too safe but it can be if you have a deceptive hiding spot. You can write it on the back of a paper, such as a letter or a school worksheet. Or, a very tricky method, write the password on a piece of paper, fold the paper in half so the password is not visible, and tape it to the bottom side of the platform your computer is on on your desk, this way you know where it is, its easy to find for you, and a completely random spot.

10) Now don't go around being stupid, don't download anything you don't download anything you don't trust, especially RuneScape programs like macros (definitely don't), etc. Never give out your password, and don't use your RuneScape password on other sites.

Now you should have a great and hard-to-find password.

Thanks for reading and feedback appreciated.

10/10

Next time I change my password I'll use this guide.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

i always enter and change my pass and recvs with the onscreen keyboard

no chance of getting keylogged

How you get the on-screen keyboard? my brother always annoys me with useless keyloggers he installs.

On topic:Nice guide.

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

i always enter and change my pass and recvs with the onscreen keyboard

no chance of getting keylogged

How you get the on-screen keyboard? my brother always annoys me with useless keyloggers he installs.

On topic:Nice guide.

On screen keyboards don't help with not getting hacked lol..

10/10

Great guide, nice information and links to some good password generators.

Also, I didn't know RuneScape passwords were not case sensitive, you learn something new every day :P

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

9/10 to make it 10/10 I suggest adding this:

You can make the file hidden so it is even harder to find.

Right-click the file, click on "properties" and check the "hidden" box.

Your file now will be hidden and normally don't show when you go to that folder.

If you do want to access your file go to "extra" in windows explorer, then click on "map options", go to the "appearance" tab, scroll all the way down there and check "show hidden files and folders". You can also hide those files and folders there again.

This is completely optional but will make your password more safe. It also don't show the file with your pass in the list of files you recently opened.

I hope this helped :P

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Bad guide 0.1/100

Care to elaborate, or just spam?

9/10 to make it 10/10 I suggest adding this:

You can make the file hidden so it is even harder to find.

Right-click the file, click on "properties" and check the "hidden" box.

Your file now will be hidden and normally don't show when you go to that folder.

If you do want to access your file go to "extra" in windows explorer, then click on "map options", go to the "appearance" tab, scroll all the way down there and check "show hidden files and folders". You can also hide those files and folders there again.

This is completely optional but will make your password more safe. It also don't show the file with your pass in the list of files you recently opened.

I hope this helped :P

Added thanks

Bad guide 0.1/100

Care to elaborate, or just spam?

Most likely just spam, he is even temporarily banned.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

pretty cool guide =D> ...my pass is zahA24az and nobody has hacked my account yet!!! :lol:

I bet you changed it right before you said that and you want to see how many account stealing noobs will try to use the password, lol.

lol nope...its not even close to my password...and i jsut got a random one off the site \' but yes...i did want to make people lives hard and have them try to hack my Pl_lR3 ()wl\l@g3 account

bombpie.png

PURE F2p